We stayed at the Royal Garden for 3 nights. Check in was swift and eventless. The room was nice, though a bit old, probably about 15 years old or so. It has a little kitchenette that came in handy, especially with children. The kitchenette is equipped with a microwave, utensils, a range, pots etc. One problem regarding the room is that the bath had draining issues, but we did not bother notifying housekeeping and used it as it was. Everything else worked perfectly well.
The pool area is very nice - the pool itself is heated, which was very convenient in January (the outer temperature during our stay was in the high 70s F). There's a beach-like area with sand and a nice pool, but it was under renovations during our stay. There's also a water slide that the kids liked.
Breakfast had the usual selection of fruits and vegetables, typical of most Israeli hotels. There were many types of pastries, a cooked-to-order eggs station (omelettes of many kinds) and other items, all in a very good quality. The fruits selection could be improved - e.g. there were no strawberries or any berries. Also, there were only 3 types of cereals offered, the cheaper ones... But overall, a very nice breakfast in a nice dining room.
The hotel's location is perfect - near the promenade, and very close to the beach and shops. There is also a shopping center in the hotel itself, as well as a theater with the WOW show (an acrobatic and dancing show).
The staff was courteous and polite, and the service was very good.
The internet in the hotel's business center is not free, which is sooo 1990's. I mean, 10NIS (~$2.5USD) for 20 minutes is ridiculously expensive, not to mention the fact that free wifi is NOT available in the hotel. That's typical to all Isrotel hotels I've stayed in and should be changed - even cheap motels in the US offer free wifi, and those with a business center offer free use of the computers' internet.
One minor point is the parking lot - it is quite far from the elevators of the wing we stayed at (near the reception), and we had to cross the pool area (which is quite big) with all the luggage. I should mention that the parking lot is close to the Rose wing.
In summary, a very good option for a family vacation in Eilat, with great off-season prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On top of the beautiful tropical garden and pools areas, guests may also enjoy the shopping avenue and three reataurants. The main dining hall of the hotel serves a breakfast buffet (price is not included in room fares). Israelit is a grill-meat Mediterranean restaurant and Cafe Boulevard is a dairy cafe located at Le Boulevard shopping center. The cafe offers desserts, salads, pastas and breakfasts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Isrotel Royal Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isrotel Royal Garden Eilat
- Isrotel Royal Garden Hotel Eilat