“in need of renovations”

Isrotel Royal Garden
Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

this was our second visit with our family. The hotel is in need of renovations.
not one area around the pool was non smoking. although it's illegal both Miki the Pr manager and eyal the general manager have chosen to ignore this.
This is very unfortunate as a non smoker with kids we couldn't enjoy being around the large selection of pools without suffering the smoke.
Our room was in need of work the air conditioning broke three times only after we settled our bill did they ask if we wanted anything.
I doubt we will return to quickly.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ezwrk

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband, 12 year old daughter and I stayed in this hotel following a group tour of Israel. We were in a 2 bedroom unit facing the pool. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I was delighted with the decor and the condition of the furnishings. I thought that the grounds, pools and lobby were beautiful and I found the staff polite and helpful. Our breakfast was included and was really good. I usually love to complain but I was very impressed with this place. I guess it was the time of year, because almost all of the visitors seemed to be from Israel.
I was worried when I had read about the pools not being deep. That wasn't a problem at all. There were pools and sections of pools that were deep enough for swimming.
I would return to this place and definitely recommend it. I thought that it was a kid's paradise since there seemed to be so much for children to do there. My only suggestion is that internet access should be included in the room price, and is not.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank coldincanadaToronto
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a great place for family's with kids.the children's club there has every thing from video games and papers to draw on them.the location of the hotel is great it is really close to the new shopping center.the rooms are big and really comfortable.the pool is a great,it is big and even has water jets and water fouls.
the value of the hotel is a little high.I think this is a great hotel for family's with kids!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I spent 4 nights with my wife and 2 kids (3 & 4), we had the small suite that has a master bedroom and two kids beds. The room is equipped with all the needed appliances..
The swimming pools are amazing for kids and mainly for kids. There are no deep pools for adults. The food in the hotel is expensive, therefore I recommend if you take only the room with no meals, you can either buy food from the supermarket (inside the hotel) or walk 3 minutes to many Resturents around.
The only thing that I hate about the hotel is the guests!! They are very rude! Not polite and I think most of the people in the country are the same! One incident, we were putting our stuff in the chairs next to the pool and we went swimming, when we came out we found two Israeli took our chairs and throw our stuff on the ground, and when we asked them why they said that they had no chairs to use! And they didn't even apologized..

In Eilat they are not a lot to do, very few places to go and the prices are very expensive. I recommend if you are in that area is to visit the Jordanian side of Aqaba, the hotels there are much much better and at least 30% cheaper. In Aqaba there are many nicer things to do.

Enjoy

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Rqutub
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The Royal Garden is a family oriented hotel. The rooms are equipped with a convenient kitchenette, including a dishwasher. We stayed in a suite that has 1 master bedroom, 1 living room, 1 children room and 2 bathrooms. Room was clean and air condition worked well (very important for Eilat weather). The hotel facilities includes a swimming pool with sandy beach which was an attraction for our little one. Also there is a children club with toys and activities. Food was ok, but it is better to eat outside. The hotel position is great - near to the promenade and beach, and connected to "the boulevard" which is a small mole. I will definitely choose this hotel again for a family vacation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I love this hotel, it is by far my favorite hotel in eilat. I try and stay here at least once a year. Kids have a great time and the pools and waterslide are great. however, it is far less polished than the other hotels in the area such as the royal beach and the dan. I prefer the simplicity, but you have to come here with simplicity in mind. try and get a garden room, it makes the experience far more pleasant and is worth every penny.

Room Tip: some rooms in the north complex have access to the garden. really great for a nice family lunch or j...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very nice hotel for vacation with children. 2 swimming pools, one with sand like a beach. Good location, across the real beach and stores.
Nice breakfast, not too Luxurious. Family suite was nice with small room for 2 children and a sofa in the living room, 2 toilets. 1 bath room with a bath and one shower. There is kitchen in the room.
The bath and toilets were not very clean !

Room Tip: Family suites for family with 3 children. You can make your own meals with the kitchen in the room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family