This is one of those occasions where I wish I could go 3.5 stars, but given that the room really is great for families I'm giving them the bump up. First the bad. We arrived, after almost 30 hours of travel, at 8 a.m. I had specifically requested and paid extra for early arrival because I knew we would be exhausted. The clerk just shrugged and said the room was not ready. When I pointed out I had paid for early check in, and showed her the conversation, she started having a conversation in hebrew with someone I assume was the manager. There was a lot of compute clicking and very little information other than we are working on it and the excuse that the booking agent had not told them about the early arrival. We waited about 45 minutes before finally getting a room with little in the way of apology. A couple of other minor annoyances were that when I tried to charge something to my room I was told this had not been set up so I could not (never bothered with this) and when we checked out there was a balance as they had charged me in shekels not dollars, so they had only charged me for 1/4 of the rate.
Now the good. The room is great for a family. There is a small room with two single beds (no door, but that fine). There is a nice sized living room with a fold out couch for another bed and a small but functional kitchen (not for making a meal or anything but breakfast, etc.) There is a large bedroom for the parents with a very clever sliding door for privacy and its own very nice bathroom. There was also a nice balcony overlooking the pool. The pool is nice with various sections including a beach with sand and a sort of river with current and some caves as well as a water slide. The breakfast is good, but fairly expensive. Better to head to the promenade and eat there. The only place that serves lunch is the small restaurant in the middle of the pools. It is disgusting. Stay away. Just gross fried crap.
The location is great with one hotel between you and the beach. Overall a good stay despite a few missteps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On top of the beautiful tropical garden and pools areas, guests may also enjoy the shopping avenue and three reataurants. The main dining hall of the hotel serves a breakfast buffet (price is not included in room fares). Israelit is a grill-meat Mediterranean restaurant and Cafe Boulevard is a dairy cafe located at Le Boulevard shopping center. The cafe offers desserts, salads, pastas and breakfasts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Isrotel Royal Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isrotel Royal Garden Eilat
- Isrotel Royal Garden Hotel Eilat