We stayed at the Royal Garden from March 2 - March 6, 2008. We had a great time at the hotel and overall, I would recommend the place. Good points first. Real friendly staff and willing to help. One night there was a party going on next door with pretty loud music at around 12 midnight. I called the front desk for some help and they immediately called the room. Not only that, she called me back in 15 minutes to make sure all was okay.
The rooms were fantastic! We were upgraded to a family suite because all the regular suites were taken (at the same price). We had three tv's although two would have been enough. The kitchen was great as were the bathrooms. The place was clean and orderely. The pillows could have been upgraded a bit.
Breakfast was great for the most part. The only things that need improvement are the coffee and hot chocolate machine- don't waste your time. We did mention this to the staff and they said they're working on it.
Great location. The boardwalk is minutes away.
Negatives - When you enter the lobby, you can smell this lavender spray. I asked the staff what the smell was (not a good smell) and he said that there's a sprayer that automatically sprays every minute or so. I visited another Isrotel hotel - The Royal Beach - and it also smelled like perfume.
On the last day on our trip, the buffet was closed for breakfast because of a dinner conference. I told the staff that it was 10 hours away. They said they had to prepare the place - please! Anyway, they gave us a voucher for King Solomon hotel. A real mistake. It was like a zoo and the food was terrible.
One more negative but I think this is routine - You can't use the air conditioning during the winter months. It's only set for heating. I asked the receptionist why and they said it was all connected to the same system - so what. Other 5 star (even 3 star hotels) can manage to control both heat and a/c at the same time, so it was bit of a lame excuse, especially for those hot winter days.
Overall, great experience and great place. Remember - no place is like home but this did come close.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On top of the beautiful tropical garden and pools areas, guests may also enjoy the shopping avenue and three reataurants. The main dining hall of the hotel serves a breakfast buffet (price is not included in room fares). Israelit is a grill-meat Mediterranean restaurant and Cafe Boulevard is a dairy cafe located at Le Boulevard shopping center. The cafe offers desserts, salads, pastas and breakfasts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Isrotel Royal Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isrotel Royal Garden Eilat
- Isrotel Royal Garden Hotel Eilat