“Fantastic "Hidden" Gem”
Review of Isrotel Agamim

Isrotel Agamim
Ranked #18 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed November 30, 2010

“Fantastic,” because everything about our stay at this hotel was perfect. “Hidden,” because as noted in some other reviews, it is not on the beach and the exterior is nondescript. However, it is just a very short walk to the beach, all of the good restaurants, and even the mall. It is a beautiful hotel. The pool, "lazy river" and poolside gardens are incredible. We stayed in a "pool deck" room with a patio and cabana that walks right out to the water. The hotel has a wonderful bar, a fantastic breakfast with an extensive buffet, some made-to-order dishes and espresso. Some of the reviews cite issues with the staff. We had absolutely nothing but positive experiences - everyone was friendly, helpful, and very eager to please. We decided to go back next year and make this our summer vacation. Note: the snorkeling is amazing at the coral reef at Coral Beach. This year we took an "introductory" scuba dive at Aqua-Sport Eilat, located on the Coral Beach, with our family of four. This is a truly incredible experience, it is easy to do (no experience needed), and a minimum of instruction is required. Aqua-Sport supplies all of the equipment and the instructors are very professional. Next year we plan to go back to Aqua-Sport and get certified.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank wscherm1

Reviewed November 9, 2010

I always read the reviews on here before booking any hotel-including those in my own country(Israel) and this time was no different but with 1exception: I’ve been wanting to go to this hotel for a while, but since it is MUCH MORE expensive then so many other hotels in Eilat I was waiting for a deal. The opportunity presented itself this past weekend (Nov-6-8th : room on the water-2nights including breakfast and flights from Tlv) so I made notes to myself of negative reviews from here as to pay EXTRA ATTENTION to those very same negative claims.
So here is my review:
As you walk into hotel, you are greeted with a wonderful fruity smell. As we were checking in on Saturday, there were no lines but they were 1h late in giving us a room-FOR WHICH WE WERE REIMBURST in the sum of 86sh (about $23)-I have never had a hotel give me money back for any inconvenience. In that time we crossed the road (through hotel Americana) and went to get some junk food at a convenience store-which is about a 3min walk. To those saying the hotel is far away-it is a 5min walk from the sea shore and a 10-15min walk from the “center” (main shopping mall)-and really, a taxi back to the hotel will cost you 15sh($4). Later in the day there were fresh fruit and wine in the lobby.
The room is spacious, very clean, very quiet, with free coffee/tea amenities. We ran out of packets of cream twice which were brought to us within 3min of request. You can open an account “for extras” as you check in so that way if you want to order food and drink to the room or get it at the bar by the pool you don’t have to pay on the spot. The prices for those extras are surprisingly very very affordable: A salad with chicken or beef is 42sh-that’s cheaper then at some restaurants! There are plenty of towels and robes and bath amenities (including a lufa). Yes, the pool is not heated and we didn’t go in as well, but the private deck with a huge day bed right on the water was worth it for us. There are hammocks scattered around various grounds of the hotel-nice detail.
The whole pool area is gorgeous and special lighting in the evening sets the mood-unlike so many hotels, even though there is no life guard-the pool area is open 24h so you can swim or just sit around-beautiful ambiance!
Now let me tell you about the breakfast: If this is not a 5* royalty breakfast-then I don’t know what is, and it is till 12noon!!!!
8 cheeses-including Brie and Rockford. Pastries galore, a chef cutting up various FRESH veggies right IN FRONT OF YOU for your salad or to add them to personally made omelet. Professionally made coffees brewed on the spot which you can also have “to go”. Cereals, herrings, smoked fish, sardines, olives, kishes, yogurts, dried fruit, fresh fruit, fresh breads, jams… they didn’t start removing it till 12:10 and didn’t “run out” of anything.
Majority of the staff is nice, everything is done with a smile and good wishes, but yes, a waiter girl in the macchiato bar was unpleasant, but then the bartender girl was so lovely and accommodating we ignored the waitress. We highly recommend a “couple’s drink” for 49sh at that bar—it is huge and absolutely yammi. The bartender whipped up a special blend for us using ingredients we like and was very obliging, and the atmosphere in the bar is most pleasurable.
We didn’t check out till 12:30 and nobody called to rush us or to “remind” us that check out time is at 11am. There again was no line and most wonderful wine (Golan Muscat) was sitting right there on the counter-for those checking in and out. Yes I did have a few
We highly recommend this hotel and hope they will have more “deals” available in the future as we are for sure coming back!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SvietkaR
Reviewed November 2, 2010

This is not a good hotel. Stayed there with my wife for 2 nights. Location is bad, too far from the center and the beach and right next to the airport. We stayed at the "pool access" room on the ground floor. Paid more money for it than standard room. It wasn't worth it. The pool is not heated, the water was cold so the pool was useless. There's a strong smell of sewage on the ground floor. It comes and goes. The room was small and not very clean. The carpet had stains on it and the mattress outside was also stained! You have to PREPAY for your room which gives you no access to mini bar or ROOM SERVICE which we found very uncomfortable. It also give you no say if you're not happy with something cause you already paid for your entire stay before you check in! The walls are paper thin, you can hear your neighbors talking and you hear the plains landing. Service was poor. Majority of staff didn't speak English. Try to avoid this hotel. There are many better hotels in Eilat right on the beach.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Isrotel is the dominant hotel chain in Eilat and in the absence of any foreign competition like Ritz, Four Seasons, Hyatt or Marriott it is quite easy for them to remain in this position. To be fair, their properties are beautiful and the Agamim stands out for its garden, pool and deck rooms. We stayed for the third time in five years and enjoyed it again overall. The issues are also the same as before and they are all related to the staff. Despite the amazing progress the country makes in terms of economy the hospitality business in Israel is still way behind of what you are used to in the US, Asia or Europe. Therefore, staff is a hit and miss. This time, there was the same smiling Ethiopian man who cleans the rooms and the cheerful young women who greet you upon the entrance to the breakfast room. But there was also the always grumpy head of the pool team who cannot learn to smile. And it seems that the hotel clearly prefers its Russian guests to the people who speak English. The command of English of the whole staff has declined rather than improved over the years. Would we return? Probably yes with some hesitation. But we would love to do so if Isrotel decided to give the staff a better training and fire the people who don't get an idea of why they are working in the hotel business. Note that you get a 10% discount in the restaurants of the chain's other hotels. On the other hand, don't expect to be allowed to enter the other properties if you just want to have a drink there. This time, we were denied entry to the Royal Beach at 9.40 PM even after showing our key cards.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2010

The best hotel in Eilat, for the ideal stay, choose a room with direct pool access! The atmosphere is wonderful, the food is really good, and the staff very professional and nice.
The rooms with a terrace accessing the pool are very pleasant. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2010

We've stayed with my husband for 3 nights in this hotel.

The room was very clean, and most important: the bathroom was clean, and the bed sheets were clean, I've examened both of them very closely couse I hate stains on the sheets and hair in the bathromm :-). Everything in the room worked properly, nothing seemed to be broken.

The atmosphere in the hotel is very nice, the staff was mostly polite and ready to help.

The food was good, but it was obvious that on the next 2 mornings they still served the same vegetables, cheese and desserts, most likely these were the "left-overs" from the previous days, couse the food looked "tired". I don't know if that's what other hotels do as well, but I didn't like the idea of eating the same vegetables for 3 days, soaked in the water to make them look "fresh". So I would rate the breakfast as 4 of 5 .

The hotel itself is beautiful, with plenty of pools and small waterfalls. They also have rooms with decks, that have access right into the pool. We didn't take that kind of room couse it was more expensive, but the decks looked absolutelly charming.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anna_hal
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I have stayed here in the past and those that have read my previous review know that this is my all time favorite hotel. I know people have posted issues with wild kids and noisiness,however I have stayed here 4 times and they have always been in the winter so it was pretty much empty so I cant answer for busy summer or sukkot time. Overall it is a great hotel and very fair priced. There was some major storms when I came and the hallways were flooded but they did an excellent and quick job of removing the water (not their fault). The room was very clean, service was pretty good and location is far but I love walking. Make sure you get a "room on the water" it is worth the extra money. After all why stay in this hotel if not for those rooms:)...Breakfast is exceptionally amazing however in years past I remember more choices. Dont get me wrong there was over 60 choices. I just got spoiled the last time I stayed here.... (try to get a room that is not so far from the lobby as some rooms can be very far)

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple