“Avoid”
Review of Marina Divers

Marina Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Marina Divers Dive Center - Located at Coral Beach, about five kilometers south of Eilat, next to the Reef Hotel. Marina Divers was founded in the mid-nineties and is known for offering high quality diving services at reasonable prices. Within a short period of time the center has established itself as a focal point for divers who are looking for a high quality dive center combining professionalism, a warm atmosphere and personal care for each customer. Marina Divers has become a mecca for technical diving and is an example of a dive center whose first priority is safety and professionalism. Marina Divers provides easy access to vehicles – with parking just a few meters away from the dive center rental counter. From the dive center, the distance to the water is less than an one minute walk. The club is situated at the shore entrance of Eilat’s most popular dive sites, the “Satil” and ”Paradise Reef”.
Reviewed January 11, 2018

I (along with my son) took a dive with these guys in December and it did not go well, largely due to the complete failure of our guide / instructor to provide effective leadership underwater. If I could quote from the email I sent to them after returning home:

"...I had already made clear the fact that we were both essentially beginners and that I had had specific issues with buoyancy on my small number of previous dives.

Well, we got to the wreck [but] [a]fter that, it’s really just a blur of confusion for me; the DM audibly yelling and repeatedly banging her hands together; I was clearly struggling but she was unable to communicate precisely what I needed to do. She did manage to jam some rocks into my BCD, however, in between bouts of pulling and shoving. If there was a sign to surface, I missed it. If there was a sign for the safety stop, I missed it. And, I’ll be honest with you, at one point I actually thought I was going to drown. I also know that I never want to be underwater again. Yes, she was that bad."

And she also yelled at me at the surface for failing to execute the safety stop..

Their response: not our fault, basically.

Happy to provide names and more details.

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"nitrox"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for dive in exotic places in Eilat or to make some advanced diving courses then that’s the club you are looking for

Reviewed January 1, 2018

Great diving club with very kind pro instructors and staff.
Yoy can go to even 5 instructed dives a day,with a car driver that take you to and from all the diving atractions in the south regen of Eilat.(more than 10 resorts)
You get great equipment in a very good condition.
The prices are great and all staff are happy to serve you.
I really enjoyed from everything.
They make privete instroctured dives and Introductory dives as well.

Reviewed December 30, 2017

I went there with two more friends of mine just to rent the equipment than we needed for the scuba diving. the place was well organised and the stuff was kind and helpfull. the price was good as well.