“Gourmet restaurant at a reasonable price”
Review of Lawrence

Lawrence
Ranked #14 of 147 Restaurants in Eilat
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dimona, Israel
“Gourmet restaurant at a reasonable price”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Lawrence is a kosher meat restaurant located inside a hotel. It used to be a dairy restaurant, but that is no longer the case. The restaurant is not easy to find, even once you're inside the hotel!
Dinner costs NIS220 per person. You choose an appetizer, main course and dessert. While waiting, instead of filling up on bread, you go to the buffet counter and choose meat, fish and vegetable delicacies.I highly recommended the cold, thinly-sliced roast beef. The servers suggest you do so again between courses.
Drinks are extra, but our server was happy to bring me ice-cold tap water at my request.
The restaurant has a romantic, quiet atmosphere, undisturbed by small children or even cell-phones.

For appetizers I ordered the hot and cold livers, and my wife had the asparagus on a bed of mixed cooked vegetable, strong on the eggplant. Our main courses were beef medallions and lamb chops, much bigger, more tender and juicier than normally served in this country. Excellent.

Everyone except us was served their main courses promptly. Ours took way too long, almost 30 minutes. In retrospect, I should have said something to our server after 10 minutes, but we were enjoying the atmosphere and the side dishes from the buffet so much that I simply neglected to do so. The staff, to their credit, was apologetic.
The restaurant is open from 20:00 to 22:30 and reservations are a good idea.

The deserts were good, but I have a feeling we would have been far more appreciative of them if we hadn't been so full.

All in all, a great culinary experience.

• Visited October 2012