Ways to Experience Red Canyon
from $70.00
More Info
from $99.00
More Info
All reviews green trail amazing hike an amazing experience route ladder rocks path desert hat topography israel landscape
Selected filters
Reviewed August 30, 2016

We went in August at 1PM. We were the only ones there. We atarted the Red Canyon and then extended the hike to include the lower Shani wadi and it was amazing.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank S7635DBdavidk
Reviewed August 4, 2016

Wake up early and hike before it gets too hot. It's mostly fairly easy but there is some climbing and some steep areas. Magnificent views and a lot of beauty.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed July 18, 2016

Loved seeing this place! Travelled by myself by bus to this place in the early morning... Asked at the main bus stop in Eilat which bus I should take and it was a bus that goes along the Egyptian border to Be'er Sheva (check Google maps). Ask the driver to stop at the road that leads to the Canyon. From there it's a few kilometres hike to the entrance of the Canyon. Take plenty of water with you! The Canyon itself is amazing to see. Love the colours and shapes of the rock. Reminded me a lot of the city built in the rock in Jordan called Petra. It's not very long though, but for me it was very special to see as it reminded me of Petra. Hiking back there were a couple of groups of school kids about to enter the Canyon which was nice to see, cause until that stage it had just been me.
There is an (expensive) tour that can take you to the Red Canyon by jeep, but for me I like to do things my own way and it's very possible to go here by local bus if you don't mind the extra hike to the entrance and take plenty of water with you. It was very beautiful!

Date of experience: July 2016
3  Thank 523daphned
Reviewed June 23, 2016

It's a walking trip not far from Eilat where you will have to climb a little bit ( not alpinist climb but an easy one !) and it's a way to know a little bit the Arava desert's nature. The only pity is that the trip is about half an hour one, so too short !

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed June 15, 2016

Hiked the canyon with friends. Not too difficult as there were older people in our group. Make sure to bring extra water and a bag for any of your waste.

Date of experience: March 2016