“Amazing hotel. Great services and very clean.”
Review of Orchid Reef Hotel

Orchid Reef Hotel
Ranked #14 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
“Amazing hotel. Great services and very clean.”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Amazing hotel, great design of the rooms, the hall, and the pool area. I wish to come back soon. The crew was very kindfull and lovely. The breakfast was awsome. There was alot of food kinds. The view to the sea was great. There is a great beach near the hotel and a great restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
I am writing in regard to your recent stay with us here at the New Orchid Reef Eilat Hotel.
Thank you for choosing to stay at the New Orchid Reef Eilat Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards as in all of Orchid Hotels. I am happy to know that you had a good time and I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our hotel service and location.

I would like to thank you again, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

operation manager of Orchid Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Hebrew first
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel is perfect if you want to lay around the pool, snorkel and just rest by the sea all day.

The hotel has a great relaxed atmosphere. It's not too simple but not posh at the same time.
Orchid reef offers some amazing perks for their guests:
Free bicycle, free rides into town, free international calls, free snorkel and mask and towels for the beach.
The hotel is not big and that gave us a nice cosy feeling. the beach is 2 minutes (lazy) walk from the room. The vibe on the beach is just perfect (!), relaxed and the view is amazing!
It's right next to the "Coral Beach Nature Reserve Eilat" so you can snorkel and see lots of different fish and corals!

The rooms are spacious and new. There are some great restaurants around and a supermarket.

The desk staff were nice and the cleaning staff was very good!
Every day we got a nice, clean room!

The only down point for us was the breakfast. It's low in quality.
There is allot to choose from but the vegetables and salads didn't feel fresh at all... which is a pity.
And there are allot of flies everywhere in the dinning area. I know Eilat is warm and there are allot of flies everywhere but i feel that in the dinning area they could have made a bit more of an effort to solve the fly problem.
*Also the bed linen are so so ...

We can't wait to come back to Orchid Reef. This will definitely be our Eilat hotel from now on!

Thanks Orchis Reef and hope too stay again soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea or pool view. The other rooms are overlooking a parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I did not want to stay in the center of Eilat as that is like staying in an attraction park. So that is why we ended up at this place. I was quiet disappointed. The area is dirty and there where ants in my bed.There was an intense smell in the hallway. The view from the room was nice. Make sure you ask for a room away from the road. The beach is very small and the music is so loud that it is like beeing in a night club, The service at the beach is very friendly. Coffee delicious. Breakfast is terrible.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
lauren z, General Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Miri,
Your opinion is very important to us and we appreciate for taking your time to write this review.
I was sorry to read that your stay at the New Orchid Reef Hotel in Eilat was not a good experience. Your comments are being taking serious care of by our staff.

You are more than welcome to contact us in any way you find and give us your full review so we can improve ourselves in the future.
Regarding the view- As the hotel was fully booked I couldn’t upgrade your room to pool view ,as your reservation was reserved on Deluxe room you have received the regular view please note to assure your reservation to be on sea view or pool view you need to reserve the room type "deluxe pool view". I apologize for the inconvenient regarding the music from the beach-I would like to notify you that it was not from the hotel and as per the law they may play music until 24:00.
Orchid Reef Eilat is one of the finest hotels in Eilat with the most recommendable reviews in all sites.
I truly hope that on your next visit to Israel you will choose to stay with us and I kindly ask you to contact us to reassure you that we always strive to deliver a first class product and an extraordinary service.

Hava volfovitz
General manager of orchid hotel eilat
Gotland, Sweden
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We are visiting eilat the second year in a row and we come back to this hotel. The rooms are clean and comferble. The workers are kind and helpfull. The pool is right next to the beach. The cost is a bit higher than the other hotels but it is worth it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed 3 nights here in Feb '13 before and after visiting Petra.

So first, this hotel is out of the main city towards the Taba border. Eilat reminds me way too much of Atlantic City/Vegas and really didn't do it for me, so it was very refreshing to stay out of the city. Plus, the hotel is located closer to the actual good bits of Eilat (like the actual coral reef park, dolphin reef, underwater park, camel riding, etc).

The rooms are great and spacious, beds are comfortable and they have a lovely deck overlooking the ocean. The first floor rooms don't have a view but have a long moat like pool right off their deck which I thought was cool. The hotel is right on the activity beach (kayak, kite surfing launch point), and a little walk down from the real swimming reef. They conveniently provide mask and snorkel, as well as bikes to get places. You can even bike to the Taba border and walk over, it's super close. The pool is great and they have a pool bar with good food for lunch and drinks but it closes early (6?), and the pool area closes at 4pm during winter which stinks.

This hotel had one of the best breakfasts I've had in 5 weeks of traveling the Middle East and a great selection of places to enjoy it (near the ocean or inside if it's cold). I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Dinner choices are a bit limited on this side of town so you either have to cab into town, or just go to the Last Refuge (restaurant in the little strip mall next door) which was absolutely wonderful for dinner.

The staff was fine and on par with the typically apathetic israeli customer service I found. For example, and management if you're reading you should work on this: I got some take out and asked the front desk if they had some forks and knives. They said no. I replied "You have a breakfast buffet downstairs, can't we use theirs?" They said downstairs was closed and still no. So I literally walked right by them, went downstairs to the breakfast buffet, and snagged easily accessible and laid out napkins, knives and forks and walked back to my room. No one seemed to care. This doesn't change the 5 stars because after 3 weeks of traveling in Israel outside of Tel Aviv, this was rather typical to staff demeanor everywhere.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear,

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 3, 2014

One of the best I have ever visited, starting with the location, reception staff, rooms, swimming pool, the beach on which this hotel is situated, 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Can not think of one thing that wasn't perfect. Absolutely loved it. Worth every penny spent for this hotel.

Room Tip: Loved it, loved it, loved it!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2014

Denmark
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Good place - and good service. Good location and very nice rooms. Diving is pretty good to, and there are 2 dive shops few meters from the hotel. Breakfast is very good to. And the price is pretty fair

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014