“Value for money”

Ranked #13 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Gotland, Sweden
“Value for money”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We are visiting eilat the second year in a row and we come back to this hotel. The rooms are clean and comferble. The workers are kind and helpfull. The pool is right next to the beach. The cost is a bit higher than the other hotels but it is worth it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
I am writing in regard to your recent stay with us here at the New Orchid Reef Eilat Hotel.
Thank you for choosing to stay at the New Orchid Reef Eilat Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards as in all of Orchid Hotels. I am happy to know that you had a good time and I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our hotel service and location.

I would like to thank you again, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

operation manager of Orchid Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Hebrew first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed 3 nights here in Feb '13 before and after visiting Petra.

So first, this hotel is out of the main city towards the Taba border. Eilat reminds me way too much of Atlantic City/Vegas and really didn't do it for me, so it was very refreshing to stay out of the city. Plus, the hotel is located closer to the actual good bits of Eilat (like the actual coral reef park, dolphin reef, underwater park, camel riding, etc).

The rooms are great and spacious, beds are comfortable and they have a lovely deck overlooking the ocean. The first floor rooms don't have a view but have a long moat like pool right off their deck which I thought was cool. The hotel is right on the activity beach (kayak, kite surfing launch point), and a little walk down from the real swimming reef. They conveniently provide mask and snorkel, as well as bikes to get places. You can even bike to the Taba border and walk over, it's super close. The pool is great and they have a pool bar with good food for lunch and drinks but it closes early (6?), and the pool area closes at 4pm during winter which stinks.

This hotel had one of the best breakfasts I've had in 5 weeks of traveling the Middle East and a great selection of places to enjoy it (near the ocean or inside if it's cold). I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Dinner choices are a bit limited on this side of town so you either have to cab into town, or just go to the Last Refuge (restaurant in the little strip mall next door) which was absolutely wonderful for dinner.

The staff was fine and on par with the typically apathetic israeli customer service I found. For example, and management if you're reading you should work on this: I got some take out and asked the front desk if they had some forks and knives. They said no. I replied "You have a breakfast buffet downstairs, can't we use theirs?" They said downstairs was closed and still no. So I literally walked right by them, went downstairs to the breakfast buffet, and snagged easily accessible and laid out napkins, knives and forks and walked back to my room. No one seemed to care. This doesn't change the 5 stars because after 3 weeks of traveling in Israel outside of Tel Aviv, this was rather typical to staff demeanor everywhere.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear,

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 3, 2014

One of the best I have ever visited, starting with the location, reception staff, rooms, swimming pool, the beach on which this hotel is situated, 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Can not think of one thing that wasn't perfect. Absolutely loved it. Worth every penny spent for this hotel.

Room Tip: Loved it, loved it, loved it!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2014

Denmark
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Good place - and good service. Good location and very nice rooms. Diving is pretty good to, and there are 2 dive shops few meters from the hotel. Breakfast is very good to. And the price is pretty fair

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014

Shaker Heights, OH
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here for three nights in December. Great location on Coral Beach, away from the "Las Vegas" glitz of North Beach in Eilat. Outstanding breakfast, and very nice rooms. My only complaint was the single, small, and very slow elevator.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Netanya, Israel
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was our second stay at the beautifully renovated Reef Hotel - once again we were very impressed by this hotel. Upon arrival, we were lucky enough to be greeted by Chava, the Hotel Manager, who made us feel at home immediately and was nice enough to upgrade us to a Junior Suite, which was simply fantastic - an enormous ,modern,spotless,beautiful room with two terraces and an amazing view. The Hotel beach is simply gorgeous, with lovely sunbeds and futons spread out along the sand, a wonderful beach bar/ restaurant serving a wide range of food, and lots of water sport rentals.Although it was November we enjoyed wonderful warm weather and this beach has a truly relaxing atmosphere - absolute nirvana......
It is evident that although the hotel prides itself for its laid back atmosphere, behind the scenes the staff works very hard to ensure that things run smoothly.The Hotel grounds and rooms are kept very clean and the maintenance crew are always busy.The Hotel staff are very efficient and extremely friendly and always willing to help.It is apparent that the Hotel is managed spectacularly- once again,we must thank Chava for that......
If you prefer an intimate,boutiquelike atmosphere during your hotel stay then this is definitely the place for you - we have stayed at many hotels in Eilat and this truly ranks among the best.....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013

La Jolla
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My father and I had a wonderful time at the Orchid Reef Hotel -- beautiful rooms, excellent location, relaxing setting. Hava, the General Manager, was especially nice and went out of her way to make sure our stay was very pleasurable. We will definitely return to the Orchid Reef Hotel when we're back in Eilat!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2013