“Great value in Good Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Orchid Reef Hotel

Orchid Reef Hotel
Ranked #12 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Somerset
“Great value in Good Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Just returned from a 31/2 week stay in Israel during the month of March.. We were in Eilat for 4 days and were pleasently surprised at Orchid Reef's hotel rooms and ameneties. this Boutique Hotel is located in the south side of Eilat which is quieter than the North area.Actually a plus, Only a 5 to 10 minute drive to the major hotels and higher congested area. Easy access to everything.
The entire hotel has been refurbished with large spacious well appointed rooms that are very clean. We had a small private pool area outside of our terrace. Other rooms faced the pool which is a plus for families. Ours was private and lovely. Free WiFi in rooms and free USA telephone available in Lobby. Property is on the beach. Breakfast buffet, one of the best we had in Israel. Indoor and outdoor dining available. Restaurants within walking distance.Staff very accomidating. Would highly reccomend to friends and would definetely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank SFrank6101
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at Orchid Reef Eilat and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards as in all of Orchid Hotels. I am happy to know that you had a good time and I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our hotel service and location.

I would like to thank you again, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

operation manager of Orchid Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Hebrew first
Netanya, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Just returned from a four night stay at The Reef Hotel in Eilat and I couldn't wait to get online
and recommend this wonderful hotel to all Tripadvisor members.When we arrived we were greeted by Joel at the front desk - by far the sweetest soul you shall ever meet....When entering our room a few minutes later we were pleasantly suprised to find a BEAUTIFUL fully renovated room - spacious and absolutely spotless - it is obvious that this hotel's motto is :
Cleanliness is next to Godliness.The room had all the most modern amenities and was one of the most stylish and comfortable rooms we have ever stayed in.The hotel is quite affordable & located right on the beach -truly a perfect choice if you are looking for a romantic getaway.Breakfast was quite tasty and the dining room staff were very attentive and provided good service.
My review would not be complete without mentioning " Jesse" the hotel mascot - a Golden Retriever who is quite old and taken care of by the Hotel staff.One look into those deep ,soft ,brown eyes and you comprehend the Reef Hotel mentality - Hospitality and Kindness to both humans and our four legged friends.All in all this is truly a magical place.

Room Tip: The higher up your room is the less you will suffer from noise
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Recently renewed hotel, nice new furniture in the spacey rooms, fabulous spa facilities, swimming pool, outdoor jacuzzi's, Get to the beach through the dining room, just a minute away. Staff were great. Hotel is well situated, with a fabulous fish restaurant just opposite the parking lot. Free wifi in the rooms. Water sports readily available and very close by. Definately return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are a lot quieter and the view is better
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Small hotel boutique, not in the town centre. It is possible to sleep quietly in silence,without airport noise.
Rooms are very convenient, everything is thought over to trifles. Clean, very friendly and helpful staff.
Minus - very small parking, and around - only paid. It would be possible to include the paid card on parking in service is would give content to hotels guests.
The restaurant too isn't so good. Both food, and service. Workers don't look skilled professionals.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank VikuliaS

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here this week (room 220) with my wife and 2 teenage daughters. Overall, a very pleasant experience.
Cons:
- limited (free parking) for guests
- some aspects of the hotel are form over function. For example the translucent bathroom doors aren't very practical.
- location. If you want to be in the thick of the hotel area, this hotel isn't there.
Pros:
- location Not in the thick of the hotel area.
- Easy access to the water. Nice pool and beach. Dive shop nearby.
- Snorkels, Kayaks, and sailboards can be borrowed free of charge. You can snorkel over the adjacent coral reserve.
- Nice rooms, equipped with sat TV and refrigerator. Rooms have balcony overlooking the bay.
- Delicious breakfast

We borrowed snorkels and towels from the hotel and drove down to the Princess hotel near taba. They have nice coral, and easy access with piers that span the reef for easy in/out of the water. The underwater observatry is walkable from the hotel. Buy a discount package in the hotel lobby. Aroma is across the street. A 24 hr minimarket that isn't bad is across the street.

We enjoyed our stay and woud return.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travelerfromrockville

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Never again... Pictures look lovely on the Internet and the rooms are clean and new BUT the staff are very unfriendly and unhelpful, the hot water ran out and it's too far from everything nice! Restaurants
all close at 5pm... As does the freezing unheated pool which your strictly not allow to even dip your toe in after 5pm!
Beach front is not inviting either they have nice sun beds but the beach is just not in a nice spot....also I notified the hotel I was only arriving at 5am in the morning due to this I over slept until 12pm and missed breakfast which ended at 19am. When I asked if they had anything at all left over the answer was NO only to see the staff enjoy the remains later... I mean really not even some toast and butter??? I was staying for a week! Take my advise stay on the northern beach I ended up cycling with my daughter there mist days as taxi was 40-59 shekel... We did enjoy the cycle way more then the hotel!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Nonody
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Orchid Reef Eilat.
I would like to thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention.
Like the other Orchid Reef Eilat we are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards. Therefore I was very surprised at your experience here.
I deeply apologies for any inconvenience you may had.
I will appreciate if you will contact me directly in order to find a way to solve this issue with you. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you back in the future and assure you be able to enjoy in a spoiled and relaxed atmosphere.

UK London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

We visited off season - Just been refurbished, can't fault the rooms, neat tidy and stylish. The staff are super helpful, there are free, yes FREE, international calls in the lobby! Pool is nice, lovely beds just on the shoreline and the hotel is on the beach. I visited the spa and had an amazing, and very cheap Swedish massage. I suppose that the only downside maybe that its slightly out of town, but don't let it put you off as its really just a couple of Km and they have a bus that runs regularly in season. They have a sister hotel called the Orchid just up the road, we stayed in both. This one is cheaper and smaller, but for us, a couple, nicer. Eilat is quite something, a little Vegas all on its own in the desert. Go to the dolphin reef, utterly wonderful and do something to see the reef, then we were keen to get out of town, because apart from the tax free shopping and a handful of entertainment options it really is a spangly bauble and Israel has so much more to offer!

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room with a bath, lovely showers too!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple