“Worst hotel I've been to... Stay away.”
Review of Astral Palma Hotel

Astral Palma Hotel
Ranked #33 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Worst hotel I've been to... Stay away.”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I'm an Israeli and have been to Eilat many times and have stayed in a variety of hotels in the same square mile as this. This hotel makes me ashamed that tourists outside of Israel have to experience Eilat when staying there.

Crew was rude - which is the worst thing in a hotel, rooms are old, sloppy and dirty, tons of noise as its kind of visitors are not the ones that care about others, door in the bathroom has a 2inch gap from the wall so you can see anyone in the toilet (not so romantic), and food was mediocre in Israeli standards plus they run out of all the normal dishes about 20-50mins after the meal starts and then they dont refill so a lot of times you have no refills or desert, especially if you come half an hour after they start serving. No warm water at evening bofore dinner time. These are only a few of things. I recommend staying away from this hotel.

Stayed February 2014
5 Thank sagi-on-vacation

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We are family of 5 adults and 1 kid. We were looking for a place that we could all be located in the same space, divided into inner rooms. So the idea of having suite with 1 living room and 2 bedrooms was exactly what we wanted. We have stayed in the hotel for two nights.

The first look on the hotel was sufficient to have an adequate opinion. The lobby looks not bad, but the rest of facilities is really poor. Our room wasn't cleaned well, the half of towels were missing. There were no dishes at all, not even 1 spoon or 1 plate. When we called the reception, they told us that we are not supposed to get any dish and that we are not supposed to use any of the equipments. We had to convince them to provide us at least 6 mugs for the kettle.

The service is really poor. The safe was broken, so we called reception 2 times until it was fixed by the end of that day. Photos for the hotel's site were taken from a specific angle in which you cannot estimate the real size of the rooms, so we were pretty disappointed when we first time entered our room.

The food is nice however. It has rich choice, and everyone can find anything for him. The only problem that the restaurant is really small, and there is no place for "maneuvers" with full plate.

Bottom line, unfortunately, I don't believe that I ever stay there again. It wasn't a good experiance.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Imobilyzer
Ganei Tikvah
Reviewed November 10, 2013

On arrival, we were greeted and welcomed by a friendly team.
Fantastic location - in walking distance to beach, restaurants and shopping mall
Clean, comfortable and spacious rooms
Excellent service

Cant wait to come again!
See you in January!

Simone Farbstein
TIKVOT Organization

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor, close to the pool
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Karmiel, Israel
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Despite the bad reviews I read in the Trip Advisor I was pleasantly surprised.
We had a lovely room - in fact two rooms with a fridge. The bed was very comfy.
The food was very good and there was something different each evening to eat.
There was even Sushi which everyone said was just great. In the morning there was fresh bread baked at the hotel. When we wanted more towels, etc. straight away we got them.
It is the first time in a long time that I have enjoyed an evening meal in a hotel.
Good entertainment each night and a lovely swimming pool.
The Lift is old but works and the dining room is simple but have been in hotels
with a beautiful dining room and lousy food.
We will definitely go again to this hotel.

Room Tip: A room overlook the pool with a balcony.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gilli007
Tel Aviv
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I am an Israeli licensed tour guide and a week ago my agent booked me into the hotel as I had to receive a group at Arava crossing at 8 am. The agent had to pay for half board ILS 600

Room 356 had no space for a chair or table, the single and only elevator was run-down.

At 6:50 am I was first guest for breakfast. The staff was still setting up the buffet and white cheese and a brownish liquid were spilled onto the floor by them. After about 10 minutes I asked a staff member to clean it up - nothing happened, another 10 minutes later I saw the restaurant manager while he and other staff were taking food, and asked again to clean it up. For about another 20 minutes nothing happened and I took the photo when leaving .

I call this no value for money, if the price would have been more reasonable, I would not write about it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Ushi-Guide
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Despite its excellent location, this hotel gives no value for your money. Rooms had been rennovated but the beds were uncomfortable and room was cramped and dark. The noise coming from other rooms well into the night made it impossible to sleep.

The public areas were littered and kids running around unattended in what is the children's quarter with the pool too crowded and noisy to relax. The food is reasonable but would not pay for half-board if you insist on staying in this particular hotel as there are great restaurants in the area. In fact, we walked into other hotels in the area and noticed the huge difference: spacious lobbies, peaceful and pleasant. With so many other hotels in the marina area, I regret not having looked into others before booking with this 4 star hotel.

Based on our experience (4 friends)I cannot whole-heartedly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Gillian D
Reviewed August 19, 2013

It is supposed to be a 4 star hotel, but it is barely a 3 star one. The food is not good and the maintenance of the hotel is really poor. Besides, it is not a good idea to plan a family trip to this hotel, since it does not seem to have a clear policy on the consumption of alcoholic beverages in the pool area and therefore kids are exposed to all kinds of drinking (and drunk) scenes. The swimming pool opens at 9:00 am and closes at 6:00 pm and during all that time there's loud music, not even one single minute to rest. And since not everything can be negative, I do have a very positive opinion of the personnel working there, all of them kind, polite and efficient. It's a shame, since it could be a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Do NEVER, EVER accept a room with view to the pool. The noise is unbearable!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family