“Hard to enthuse but in fairness it did have some plus points”
Review of Club In Eilat

Club In Eilat
Ranked #43 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Hard to enthuse but in fairness it did have some plus points”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I have read the many negative reviews of this resort and I can see their point so think its important to state exactly what you get here for your money or timeshare exchange. First of all its location is quite good, sea views and just a couple hundred metres from beach. Good sized pool and sun decks with plenty of loungers and seating. It was clean despite what some people have said. However equally the rooms are very very small, the living areas like something from the 1950's, the decor and furnishings dated and its hard to imagine what the maintenance money is being spent on.....
Equally a lot of Eilat is very pricey so for a family this represents good value if you can accept its limitations.
Breakfast though was overpriced and not very appealing.

Room Tip: ask for a sea or pool view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Hebrew first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

When I was a kid we came to the Club In every year and nkw 15 years later I wanted to come here as an adult for nostalgy
I guess what you are looking for as a kid is different
Nothing was unacceptable bad
But everything was medicore.
When we came checking in the recipent was super nice and a great guy we had lots of fun chatting with.

We had an unpleasent incident with the security guy whk yelled at us when we came in with our car for no reason, he was rude and bully

The sheets of the bed were stained and dirty
Not so pleasent

For some unknkwn reason pool closed at 15:45 (3:45 pm) when its practily middle of the day
(Sunset is around 6 pm)

When checking in you are excpected to sign a statment you know checking out is at 10 or 14:00 on sTurdays and you know that staying after that will force extra charges which is fine

What we didnt like is that on the night before our check out (which is basicly yhe middle of our vacation)
There was a note on the door reminding us we are checking out tomorrow and with bolded lines there will be extra charges for not checking out on time
I found it outrages and very rude

All in all if it wasnt for my childhood nostalgy i dont thinm i would have come here

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank MiGHTyDuCK97
Gulfport, Florida
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed at the Club In using my time share trade just before Christmas 2013. It's off the Eilat beaten track on what's called the South Beach, a short inexpensive bus ride (4 shekels and a few agarot -- about $1.25) or cab ride (20 shekels -- about $5) out of town. Peaceful and beautiful with a lovely dearth of tourists. In fact, the staff told us the hotel closes after Christmas because the slow season gets even slower then. The "villa" was adorable, with brightly painted walls, a doll-size kitchen, a very comfy bed, and a large deck overlooking the pool. The pool was as beautiful as it appears in the photos; however, it's not heated and the 60 degree F weather and low winter sun did nothing to warm it up. The whole place was clean but woefully dated. Food was limited to the typical hearty Israeli breakfast a few days a week, a small but adequate snack bar (pizza, salads, beer) open in the evening, and a pool-side restaurant that served a variety of fried foods and soda. We relaxed, read, walk on the beach ... all possible because there was not a whole lot to do but enjoy the location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Caron S
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I was there for 2 nights this month (Dec 2013) with my family. This is my second time at Club In.
I go hear because it's a Time sharing hotel and family owns a full week accommodating.
This is what I have to say :
Staff are very very kind and it seems they do all they can to entertain and serve their guest.
The problem is with the maintenance of the rooms. I don't get it. I pay so much money every year for the maintenance of a room but I get an old falling apart furniture room. The rooms have not been renovated ever if you ask me. Bath tubs have stains of cigarettes in them, wooden closet doors are falling apart, the walls have been roughly painted over and over again using different colors.

This really gets me angry because I am actually forced to pay at least $1000 per year for this maintenance and if I don't I loose my rights on the unit. I really felt like being in a cheap youth Hostel.

My room was right in front of a basketball court. On one hand that's great news for me and my kids but on the other hand they left the lights on in the court till 23:00 and kids were making noise in front of my room. I could not get my 6 month old baby to sleep.

Hotel has parking which is good. Swimming pool is OK. location is far from city.

Go at your own risk. Sorry.

Room Tip: In the winter, most rooms don't have heating. Ask for the one that do but they are located furth...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Yuvalh6
Paxton, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 14, 2013

If you like bugs, toilet smells, mold, mildew, and trash, this is the best place for you. Hurry before they shut it down.
Shame on them for putting a stain on Elat's reputation. This area is gorgeous and there are lots of choices. Just choose with eyes wide.

• Stayed December 2013
5 Thank Israeladvisor

Travelers are raving about these Eilat hotels

Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed in the ckub inn hotel in october with our 4 children. I will say that it was the only place in eilat were we could stay all six of us in one room which meant we saved 50% on the cost of hotel compared to all other reasonable alternatives. On the plus side i can add that the pool was nice and that the kids enjoyed the basketball court. Also very close to gorgeus beachs. We loved the area and we will stay in the vincinity if we return.
However, the rooms were very old and in pretty bad shape. The whole place was run down. Lots of noisy families and the arcade games pretty much broken. If someone expexts any luxery or pampering this is not the place. But for large families seeking cheap and family friendly atmospher its ok. All in all i was satisfied with our choice. With the money we saved we went scuba diving in the dolphin reef, a great experience

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed here for a short holiday in Eilat. Clean and nice, but in need of renovation. They say it's a 4 star hotel, but clearly it doesn't deserve more than 3 at best. The breakfast is OK and has a good variety, but not for a 4-star hotel, maybe good for a 3-star, as I said. It has a swimming pool and large reception area where you can sit, have a coffee and browse the internet. The downside of this hotel is that it does not have internet in the room, you can only access the internet from the reception area. It's a bit far from the center... best if you drive your own car.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family