“Run Down, unfriendly, old, terrible shower”
Review of Club Hotel Eilat

Club Hotel Eilat
Ranked #47 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Israel
“Run Down, unfriendly, old, terrible shower”
Reviewed March 16, 2010

My in laws has a unit there, and therefore we get to stay there about every 2 years. If you are looking for a smile - look somewhere else. This hotel is rude, run down and managed badly.
We got a terrible room, which was replaced only after many requests and with no smiles. If there is annoying thing in a hotel - it is a bad shower - well, the shower had a very weak stream and the water temperature changed suddenly, causing us to freeze or burn simultaneously.
half of the pools were closed in march, but opened for the weekend after our requests.
Still, the hotel is run down, I would rate it as a 3 stars hotel, and it's about time to change management.
he good thing about the hotel is the location which is close to everywhere, and the kids pool.
Still - I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank Ramizinho

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
NY
Reviewed January 23, 2010

Please do yourself a favor, do not stay at the "club hotel eilat". It smells absolutely horrible! Everything in the room is old and durty. The door in the closet was broken and almost fell on my husband when he tryed to open it. bads in the kids room were durty and repulsive. The hotel is located near the aéroport, it was noisy all the time. It was a relatively very cold weather for eilat, and despite that the water in the pool was cold and we couldn't enjoy it. The hotel is far from the sea, which is a disadvantage also. As we found out later, there are so many great hotels in eilat, for the money we paid for this disgrace of a hotel we could have had a real treat.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Eilat hotels

New York
Reviewed November 22, 2009

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! And nowhere near a five star hotel that it boasts to be. My husband and I were driving to Eilat for 4 hours from the dead sea and were very tired when we arrived. We couldn't find the Club Hotel and I called the customer service number. A lady picked up the phone. I explained that we have a reservation and can't find the hotel, the lady hang up on me. I called again. The same voice in the phone offered no apollogy. I repeated my question and the lady said "It's next to the mall" I said that we drove all around the mall already and asked for more details. As I was asking, she hang up again. I called back (the same lady picked up again, and again no apollogy) I asked to speak to her supervisor, the lady said "sure" and transferred me to an answering machine. We ended up looking for the hotel for another 40 minutes and finally found it because I asked a nearby cab driver. It was late in the evening and pretty dark and there was no name sign lit up on the hotel.
There was no one available in the hotel to receive our complain either.
The room was not cleaned on regular basis. Fresh towels and linens were also provided at random days. Linens were all polyester and were very uncomfortable to sleep in, not to mention a highly uncomfortable bed.
One more thing!
DO NOT USE THEIR SPA!!!!
I went there to get my manicure done before going out to dinner. The girl that was doing it seemed like she is performing her first manicure in her life. She did not push back my cuticles and just started cuting them. The tools were not sharpened AT ALL and she ended up just pulling and ripping the cuticles. The nail file was terrible as well, and really massed up my nails. I was furious and mentioned the tools to her. She called anther woman who started doing my nails and was as bad as the first one . She told me that I have bad nails and my cuticles are too short. In any case, to make a long story short, when I saw how sloppy she is coloring my nails, I asked to take the nail polish off. I wanted to get my money back and just go redo my nails somewhere else. Imagine my surprise, when I asked for my money back, the lady at the register refuesed and yelled at me that two women worked on my nails and spent their time and how dare I to ask for my money back. This was complitely unacceptable to me . I said that I just waisted my time, received unbelievably unprofessional service, and still have to go elsewhere to do my nails. The lady was very rude to me and never gave me my money back. I asked If I could talk to her suprior and she replied that one of the girls who was doing my nails is her superior. I have never seen a worse customer care!!!!! NEVER!!!! I will never set my foot in that hotel again and will not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Jönköping
Reviewed August 24, 2009

If you are a family that don't mind shouting israelis, unpleasant staff and old-fashioned rooms in bad condition - Club Hotel Eilat might be something for you.

When we arrived at the check-in the clerk tried to give us other rooms than what we had booked - but at the same pricelevel. After a long wait we managed to get the five rooms we had reserved but all the time the woman in the reception spoke in an unfriendly way.
Basically we never felt that the staff cared about their guest, except the africans that cleaned the place - they were all friendly.

Breakfast was like a warzone with israelis fighting their way to get all what they wanted. The last morning we just skipped coming down for it, couldn't stand it anymore.

But at least there is a lot of swimmingpools for the kids - but not for decent ones who knows how to behave.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
tel aviv
Reviewed July 12, 2009

We arrived a bit early and the unfriendly staff told us to wait a few mintues until the room was ready, we ended up waiting 1,5 hours in the lobby, without any excuse from the hotel. When we entered the room, there were no towels and no baby crib as we requested before our arrival. The rooms are old and dirty and not worth the money paying for it.
The hotel attracts low class Israelis, people you don't want to spend you vacation with, lots of noise! There are much better hotels in Eilat, where you will have a much better.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank hollandi
UK
Reviewed July 1, 2009

Club Hotel Eilat is a large timeshare hotel. We only stayed for 4 nights, as we only had a short amount of time and wanted to see Jerusalem. This was my first time in Israel, I really enjoyed it.
The staff were very helpful and although we arrived about 10am, which was very early, there was no problem getting into our room early. We did have an amazing number of towels though...I think over 20, they kept bringing more each day as well as replacing any used ones!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed April 22, 2009

Like everything in life, what you think of the Club Hotel depends on your expectations. Yes, the Club is somewhat of a nightmare; it is noisy, raunchy, and generally low class. But that's just how Eilat is; it is Blackpool, Essex, and MTV all rolled into one. You could probably pay twice what we paid for the Club to stay at the Meridian or the Sheraton, and it wouldn't make too much difference. And yes, the service in the Club is definitely abombinable -- but the service everywhere in Israel is abombinable, at least in non Arab run establishments (I know because I live here). From the standards of Israeli service, the Club is pretty average.
The pools are OK, the food isn't bad, the beach the guests can use is excellent.

If you are flexible about destinations, well, I would definitely say you should stick to places like Greece or Turkey, as you will get far better value. But if you are touring Israel anyway and want some sun and beach for the kids for a few days, well, the Club is not a bad choice.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family