The Orchid Hotel and Resort Eilat
$318
$207
  • Pool
Isrotel Yam Suf Hotel(Eilat)(Great Value!)
$253
$214
Dan Panorama Eilat(Eilat)(Great Value!)
$265
Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat(Eilat)(Great Value!)
$167
CrownePlaza.com
Isrotel Royal Garden(Eilat)(Great Value!)
$366
$266
Dan Eilat(Eilat)
$309
$2,899
Isrotel King Solomon(Eilat)(Great Value!)
$288
Orchid Reef Hotel(Eilat)(Great Value!)
$174
$157
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
$1,013
HotelsClick
1,228 results
All reviewsthai villageunderwater observatorysouth beacheilat cityamazing hotelbreakfast and dinnerorchidssiamtuksloftshuttleseaprivacyjacuzzidesertdivingegypt
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We just got back from Israel and besides this particular place our trip was amazing.
I am not big on artistic descriptions, so I will simply list my observations:
1. Very poor maintenance, garbage is everywhere around the buildings. Our unit 144 was surrounded with empty plastic bottles and other misc. garbage on the surrounding lawns. Cleaning crew left ashtray full of cigarette butts from previous tenants, time after time.
2. place is ran down, floor laminate is splitting, bathroom floor tiles are wobbly, occasional cockroaches were visiting our unit from time to time. Unit next to ours was missing whole bunch of roof shingles. Scary looking, all banged up golf carts, were flying by our kids making us nervous every time. Second day in, our door key cards stopped working, 4 sets of new ones did not work, until we realized that next door neighbor's cards were opening our door just fine, so thanks to them sharing one with us, we were able to get in and out. Israelis are awesome and friendly people, but having little door security would not have hurt.
3. Their self serve food was on a 2 star hotel level, however fighting with flies and birds to get it was a bit annoying. Naturally, we only had included breakfast, paying their ridiculous prices for dinner there would be silly.
4. Hot tub was there, but it was not hot, perfect for soaking in cold chlorine soup. Main pool was fine, got to give them that.
5. Internet was free, but only because charging for it would be crime. Sharing that miserable bandwidth with other guests made it unavailable, except for night hours and early in the morning.
Bottom line, if you get to stay there for nearly free, this place is tolerable, but anything above $50 is too much. Fire any travel agent that will try to tell you otherwise.

Room Tip: Try Herrod's, or any newer place inside Eilat. This refugee camp has not good locations.
5  Thank M_Yan_USA
lauren z, Manager at The Orchid Hotel and Resort Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

I am writing in regard to your recent stay with us here at the Orchid Eilat Hotel.
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Orchid Eilat Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards as in all of Orchid Hotels. I am happy to know that you had a good time and I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our hotel service and location.

I would like to thank you again, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The whole stay was surreal.... Nice interesting design to the property, sparse room decoration.
Upon arrival we experienced no greeting at all, no smile, no form of welcome at all. The receptionist did say hello but it was as cold as ice.
There was a mix up with the bookings, we were told that we only had one of the two rooms we had booked which resulted in one of the staff behind the reception giving the other a mouthful of negative comments..in front of us!! as well before we had been given our rooms.
We were finally assigned our rooms which took forever. At nine we wanted to go and eat dinner in the hotel restaurant but it was closed already...... at nine? So we had to drive back towards Eilat to eat. (which was wonderful by the way - separate review)
The next day, breakfast was crazy, nobody said hello, it was a buffet, and you had get even the drinks by yourself, might as well been at an airport cafe. My room was not cleaned during the day. Upon our return to the hotel that evening we could not get into our rooms as the keys did not work. (this can happen) But there was a note to say we should have checked out that day before 11, Upon arrival we payed for two nights! Our rooms were the farthest away from reception and the nearest telephone was broken so it took a while for us to get assistance which was far from friendly...We were told that it was our fault that the keys did not work, so when we asked about the note on the door they said OHH.
The next day breakfast....Yup chaos....Airport cafe.
At checkout I ran through some of the issues with the lady at the reception, who said that I should write to the hotel. She did not ask a shift leader or manager to talk to me, I mean I was there, could no one talk to me? Guess not, oh well I won't be staying there again, ever.

Room Tip: "The total lack of warmth from the personnel as well as the lack of service makes it impossible for me to recommend a room"
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank MGraemeG

Your opinion is very important to us and we appreciate for taking your time to write this review.
I was sorry to read that your stay at the Orchid Eilat Hotel was not a good experience. Your comments are being taking serious care of by our staff.

You are more than welcome to contact us in any way you find and give us your full review so we can improve ourselves in the future.
I truly hope that on your next visit to Israel you will choose to stay with us and I kindly ask you to contact us to reassure you that we always strive to deliver a first class product and an extraordinary service.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I like this hotel because it is different, and it's beautiful.
If you look for a different hotel, not ugly cubic rooms, piled one on the other, then this one is for you. If you like choosing for curiosity each time a different meal in a restaurant, then try this one.
Yes, the service should be much improved, but again this is my point of view.

Food is good, Swimming pool is nice (water temp. is a bit too low), and facility is ok.
Service - specially room service is bad, but as I said nothing is perfect.
A message to the CEO...; Try harder and you will get the 5th star...

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband took me there by surprise, to celebrate my birthday.
At the reception desk, he told the receptionist that it is my birthday and she immediately upgrated our room, FREE of charge. (stayed in room 716)
It is indeed a bit far from the city, and taxies are very expensive (50 shekel per ride),
but you can easaly plan your activity time in the city during the day, with the free shuttles.
At night time you are completely depended on taxies.
The staf was very kind, service was excellent, the tuk-tuk is a wonderful extra and gimmick!
The cleening can be improved.
Overall, it was a great vacation, we would love to go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Orchid Hotel (in Hebrew, Orchidéa) lies a few miles south of Eilat on the coastal highway towards the Egyptian border at Taba, almost directly opposite the Underwater Observatory. Unlike its sister hotel, Orchid Reef (with which it is often confused, and lies a mile or so closer to town), it does not sit on the beach itself, but on the wrong side of the road: a free shuttle to the beach (at Orchid Reef) is provided at set times, but you can also walk there fairly easily. To make up for this deficiency, it offers a sprawling, and somewhat gimmicky and incongruous chalet-style accommodation the climbs up the hillside, complete with wooden bridges, walkways and handrails. Accessing the rooms involves walking up some inclines, unless you hitch a ride on one of the “tuk-tuks” (electric golfcarts) that staff use constantly to patrol and maintain the property, which can be summoned at any time during the day.
The rooms inside are finished to a reasonably high standard: kingsize beds, flat-screen TVs, coffee facilities, minibar fridge, bathrooms with marble floors and walls, variable pressure showers, and hairdryer as standard. Each of the five rooms in our group had a gallery-level sleeping platform (accessible by ladder)—although none of us got to use them because (somewhat bizarrely), we were charged strictly on two-per-room basis.
The public areas are housed within two larger buildings that accommodate the kitchens, a split-level dining area with a large and rich assortment of dishes on a self-serve buffet basis for breakfast and dinner (plus midday meals on Saturdays); a standard pool + kiddies pool and hot-tub jacuzzi; an indoor lounge (forming the upper floor above the reception lobby) with innumerable armchairs and sofas, a small performance stage (for the in-house singer), three internet computers and two Playstation terminals free of charge. A small, crowded gym (with a couple of treadmills, elliptical trainers and three upper-body strength machines but no ergs) and adjoining massage spa is also available near the hotel entrance. Free perks include Wi-Fi (albeit access in the rooms is spotty at best); rental of a small fleet of bicycles; and (suprisingly) international telephone calls from one’s bedside phone.
Despite the generally high standard, Western tourists should note that this is a hotel aimed primarily at the Israeli family or groups market. Notwithstanding the free shuttle, beach access is cumbersome; furniture in the public areas is often stained or scruffy; the card reader lock to one of our rooms repeatedly malfunctioned; there is no business centre for quiet work (in my experience, the three internet computers were either endlessly monopolised by kids, or with temporarily inoperable Net access); one of the billiards table pockets is missing (causing the balls to shatter the floor tile); and last but certainly not least—in a bizarre overzealous interpretation of kosher laws—absolutely no coffee or tea can be had at the end of one’s dinner (you must order it specially—at an extra charge to the room— the poolside bar—and that, too, is impossible on Friday evenings).
For that last reason alone, I would never contemplate returning.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms nearest to the lobby (e.g. in the 600 series) -- to minimize climbing up the hill.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
lauren z, Manager at The Orchid Hotel and Resort Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014