“Don't go there.”

Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Eilat
Mazkeret Batya
“Don't go there.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We went to this hotel as 5 friends. One couple (room 200+) and 3 friend (room 100).
The couple got a nice room with a good view (but very outdated).
We got a "special" room. It's located in the worst spot in the hotel – a room not worth its money (as you can see in the pictures). Lights missing, no land phone (to call the reception), tv wasn't working, etc.
We talked to the management about it – and the said that there is nothing to do about it and offered to move us to a different hotel (and one that's considered a bad hotel). Not really a solution for us as we came as 2 rooms.
Beside that the room was broken and near a big power pole, at the place that they put the laundry packages and the empty beer kegs – the room is not designed for 3 people (and we paid a good extra). There is a tiny loft with a shaky (not attached) ladder and in there that is a mattress on the floor – but a very short one.
What else can I say, the breakfast was just bad. VERY far from the standard in Eilat and definitely not like in other 4 star hotels in the area.
Before we booked the hotel we called and asked what facilities there are in the hotel.
That told us – 2 saunas (wet and dry), a heated pool, and a Jacuzzi. The pool is not heated and nobody entered as the water is too cold (In a warm weekend), the Jacuzzi is filled with kids and the wet sauna is not working (at all).
The stuff is not helpful at all.
Just don't go there – it's not worth your time and money.

Room Tip: If you do go there - only go to high number rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ido P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Hebrew first
Brookline, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

The hotel is located in the ultimate place with the beautiful view and nice pool. But that’s it!
The water in the pool is not warmed, so it is impossible to really enjoy it if you come in winter.
The worst think, however, is the stuff who is totally useless, unhelpful, humiliating and very aggressive. It feels like that you serve them and not that they serve you.
Ok, we were tough family to deal with, we dared to come to their hotel with 4 kids!
We have ordered in advanced 2 adjacent rooms with the door in between. When we came they give us 2 rooms (with the beautiful view, I must say) but without the door between them such that we weren’t able to stay there. We asked for the proper replacement and they suggested us to either stay in one room (2 adults and 4 kids!, we were offered ridiculous 20 USD discount per night! ) or to downgrade the rooms to the 2 rooms with no view whatsoever. So we were forced to took the second option - obviously that nobody thought to reimburse us, we are the troublemakers after all, and we came to serve the Orchid hotel and already paid the charge.
All these arrangements took time and kids were very tired we asked them to make the beds, reasonable request isnt it, but they did nothing so we have make the beds by ourselves!
The rooms were clean but totally worn out, the air conditioner in one of them was broken, when we called and asked to fix it they even did not replied.
And finally when we came home we realized that some of the kids shoes were missing so I called to the hotel asking to check whether they find the shoes, it was 3 weeks ago and nobody called back, so I called again - and again they promised to check and call back and I am still waiting.

Important to say that the cleaning and maintaining people were nice but the the shift managers were useless, humiliating and aggressive.
To sum up, although the view and location are beautiful, I would strongly recommend to go someplace else

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank AMBinshtok
lauren z, Manager at The Orchid Hotel and Resort Eilat, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
I am writing in regard to your recent stay with us here at the Orchid Eilat Hotel.
Your opinion is very important to us and we appreciate for taking your time to write this review.
I was sorry to read that your stay at the Orchid Eilat Hotel was not a good experience. Your comments are being taking serious care of by our staff.

You are more than welcome to contact us in any way you find and give us your full review so we can improve ourselves in the future.
I truly hope that on your next visit to Israel you will choose to stay with us and I kindly ask you to contact us to reassure you that we always strive to deliver a first class product and an extraordinary service.

operation manager of Orchid Hotels

Travelers are raving about these Eilat hotels

Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

We booked one of the Villas with the Jacuzzi (Villa Shangrila). the room was nice and the view was pretty, but the service was the worst ever!
the Jacuzzi didnt work for the whole period of 3 days, and everyday the manager kept promising that he will fix it by tomorrow. the Jacuzzi was never fixed. In the end of the stay, the manager promised to reimburse the price of one night as a compensation, but eventually the credit card charge showed that the hotel (by mistake) charged the card three times for 3 different amounts. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Inna B

Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Visited the Orchid hotel for a long weekend.
Seems The hotels' staff just don't care whether you enjoy your time or not. Every simple request is a hassle. For example - on our first night the bathroom got flooded. We asked for maintenance to come and check it. We called the reception at 20:00 and they said they will send someone shortly. We came back at 22:00 and no one had visited our room. We needed to ask again and the maintenance person first told us it could be fixed only the next day.. After a few conversations with the reception he fixed it then- took him 5 minutes!!
The food in hotel has a wide selection but the quality is poor.
The only upside is the way the hotel is built- as a Thai hotel with the rooms spread out and no central building, this provides privacy.
In addition we upgraded to the "Shangrila" room which turned out to be very simple and quite small. Hate to think what the regular rooms look like.
The hotel is situated in far distance from the city center and without your own car you'll have to spend a lot on taxis.
In summary, the visit was a disappointment, we will not return to this so called "5 star hotel".

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NimrodCsasznik
lauren z, Manager at The Orchid Hotel and Resort Eilat, responded to this review, February 17, 2014

Berkeley, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

The Orchid Hotel is a reasonably priced fantasyland on the outside with streams, bridges, and palm trees. The rooms are basic and a bit musty smelling. Our room, which contained a comfortable queen-sized bed also had a loft with two twin beds. But the ladder leading up to the loft leaned dangerously against the loft’s floor and could have easily fallen and hurt someone. Breakfast was included with the room. Since we were leaving very early, we ordered it to go the night before but nevertheless had to wait for it in the morning. Dinner, which was not included and which was very expensive, was an large and tasteless buffet.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
lauren z, Manager at The Orchid Hotel and Resort Eilat, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Orchid Eilat Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards as in all of Orchid Hotels. I am happy to know that you had a good time and I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our hotel service and location.

I would like to thank you again, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Hod HaSharon, HaMerkaz, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Located near the border to Taba, on a heel just next to the Red sea, nice rooms especially the ones at the top with a view. From the lobby you are driven to your room - unique experience. We ate supper next to the pool - good atmosphere.

Room Tip: On the top there are suits with private swimming pool... Try it !
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank אפרי ר
lauren z, Manager at The Orchid Hotel and Resort Eilat, responded to this review, January 28, 2014

Jerusalem, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

this is a lovely hotel a bus ride away from the hustle and bustle of the city center. the landscaping is lovely...i just completed my third and perhaps last visit to this hotel..

firstly the pool was not heated in mid-january...what are they waiting for? summer?

secondly, i left my phone charger in the room..i called them on the way back to hotel and they said they had it...i get to the front desk and there is only woman there trying to check in people and deal with my emergency...the last bus to jerusalem was about to leave. needless to say..they didn't know where my charger was, did not allow me up the room to check (no one had checked in since i had left)..and kept me waiting for 15 minutes with a taxi with the meter running...after i had to leave to catch my bus they said they had my charger and would fed-ex it to me...at my expense!! what kind of 5 star hotel does this? i remember i once left my winter coat in a hotel in the poconos and only realized the following winter...maybe 6 months later...they still had my coat and fedexed it of course without charging me a cent!! i call this really poor service...they only went to find my charger when my isreali taxi driver interceded...very poor service and remember....if you go in the winter..u will not be able to swim in the pool unless u don't mind cold water..

Room Tip: ask for a room with a loft...this was the first time i didn't have it and not only did i not hav...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends