“weekend in Eilat”
Review of Dan Eilat

Dan Eilat
Ranked #14 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed June 30, 2014

my wife and myself spent a weekend in Dan hotel. overall it is a wonderful hotel, with very helpful staff and fabulous breakfast and evening buffet. apart from the usual meats eggs and so on they have a very good desert section. what really was extraordinary is verity of cakes, muffins, little combo cakes chocolate cakes, cinnamon cakes and cheese cakes. but what got my appreciation were the sugarless cakes. I am diabetic and almost every hotel I ask for a non sugar cake due to my diabetes at most of hotels I got a small cupcake (not every time recognizable) usually tasteless.. I must say that I was so surprised to find that they keep sugarless cakes. some evenings more than 3 kinds. their chef conditor YAEL is very capable and I must add that not only her cakes are sugarless but as my wife pointed, you do not feel anything artificial

Room Tip: 5 floor and up. all rooms are with view to the sea
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear zvi b,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and to share your kind words with our Executive Chef, Ofir Kedem. He and his staff are always delighted to hear that guests enjoy the fare they lay out, and I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you and provide sugar-less pastries that passed your expectations and left you well satisfied. Thank you very much, and I hope to see you again on your next stay in Eilat.

Public Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,605)

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We spent a weekend at the Dan Eilat Hotel.
Everything was excellent. The staff is helpful and courteous.
Right on the beach, with sun beds, nice large pools.
Room a bit small, but nicely decorated. Nice bathroom with all accessories. Change of towels twice a day.
A little crowded, but it is felt only in the pool.
Excellent breakfast, great selection.
We enjoyed our stay very.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony on a high floor

Dear Tali R,
It was such a pleasure to read your review of your hotel; thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.
We were delighted to know that we had a hand in creating such a memorable and special vacation and can't wait to welcome you back again on your next opportunity.
Until then,
regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights on a day trip to Petra. The location is great - right on the boardwalk. However our kids (and us) were extremely disappointed to learn that the pool closed at 6:30pm every night. The room was clean and had everything we needed. The Family Room works great for a family of 5. The concierge was a little disappointing - could not help much with dinner recommendations or other requests. The brunch was extremely crowded and the food was very average. Not sure I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for three days and had a good time. The major complaint I have is that the hotel was very crowded. The breakfast buffet was incrediable with to much food. The rooms were large and clean with great views but could use a little updating. The staff was friendly but not very helpful in that most request I had went unanswered. I asked for an events schedule in English which they were out and was promised to have one sent to my room. It never arrived. The pool area was fantastic and my kids really enjoyed it but the pool closes to early. By the time we got back to the hotel after a hot day touring we looked forward to a swim in the pool but it was usually closed. Overall I feel that it is a great hotel to stay at with a family (the amount of kids running around would probably get annoying if you are childless). I wish they would update the rooms, keep the pools open later, and get more helpful staff. Overall I would still highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear Travfamil,

It brings me joy to hear that you were able to enjoy yourselves to such an extent during your stay with us! Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful experiences, and I'm glad that you were able to enjoy our sumptuous breakfast, our large pool, and all the other amenities we afford our guests. I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive our events schedule, but just in case you were unable to find it, it is at each end of our reception desk where any guest may take a copy. That said, I am happy to say that we are in the initial stages of renovation. We have expansive plans to refurbish every guest room in the entire hotel, and hope that you are able to stay in one of our newly-designed rooms on your next visit. Thank you once more for your kind words; I will forward your comments to the relevant managers, and hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We spent three nights this past week after touring Israel. It was relaxing and a beautiful hotel with excellent service. Our room was on the eleventh floor with a beautiful view of the Red Sea. Our balcony overlooked the pool and sea. The room was spacious and clean. The hotel was kept up. The breakfast was amazing with so many choices. The only problem I found was that the dinner buffet could not compare to the breakfast. Choices were limited. The price was high and we were told coffee and tea was an extra fee. At a price of 400 sheckels per person, we found this outrageous. I would definitely recommend this hotel, but skip the dinner buffet. There is an abundance of good restaurants in the area from which you can choose. If you are interested in scuba diving, the north beach is not the place to stay unless you don't mind taking a taxi. For relaxing, and families, this hotel is wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask for Sea view facing the Red Sea and higher floors if you don't want to hear pool noise. Our...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear flgetawaymom,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to relax and unwind during your stay.
It was with regret and surprise that I read your comment regarding the dinner buffet, as most reviews we receive both from our guests on the Internet and those who send us feedback directly are far and wide positive. Regardless, I will be happy to forward your comment to the relevant managers. It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to host you and, since you liked everything else about the hotel, I hope we have the same opportunity again in the near future!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We spent three nights at the Dan following two very hot and weary days in Petra. With its inviting pools and expansive property we were looking forward to some R and R in Eliat. Mostly we achieved that at the Dan but be advised this is a large resort property with lots of families. The pools were large but mostly filled. The adult pool was great for swimming but only in the early morning when it opened at 8:30. Thereafter it filled with lounging adults and kids. Pool also beginning to show is age and need resurfacing. Rooms modern and well-appointed, with fabulous view of the Red Sea. Beach front nice and right in front of hotel property with ample lounge chairs and umbrellas. Morning breakfast was FABULOUS, with everything available. Wonderful breads, fruits, freshly made omelets to order, and more salads than you can imagine. Restaurant staff a little unfriendly. Perhaps management can include some service training in their staff orientation, but others were helpful and nice. Only other annoyance were the pool hours - 8:30 to 6:30. Would have been nice to swim in the later evening but guess they closed early so as to let their life guard off. All in all a great place, with just a few flaws.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Laurel W,

I'm glad that you were able to have a leisurely time in our care. It brought me pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, though your comment surprised me as we are often praised for our levels of service. Still, I will be happy to pass on your comment to the relevant manager who will be able to sharpen our guidelines with our various team members.

As for the situation you described regarding the pool, our concept is that of a resort hotel, one that is open to all types of visitors. That said, we try to accomodate everyone, regardless of whether they came as part of a family or alone, and if there is anything we can do to ensure your comfort during your next stay with us, please let us know and we will make every effort to make every aspect of your stay as comfortable as possible. I look forward to seeing you among our guests in the future.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

This was my daughter's and my first trip to Eilat. The Dan Eilat is one of the loveliest hotels we've stayed at. Beautiful hotel, lovely setting on the beach. Good variety of restaurants in the area. Pools kept up great.

Only complaint is that the pools closed earlier than we thought - like around 6 p.m. Since the evening weather was so nice we thought a night swim would have been nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear edierubin,

Thank you for the kind words. We make every effort to please our guests, and it brings me pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your time in our company here at the Dan Eilat. I will be happy to forward your comment to Zohar Asakly, our pool and beach manager, who may have the option of keeping the pool open for longer periods of time. Regardless, I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing you once more.