“Great location. Good hotel”
Review of Dan Eilat

Dan Eilat
Ranked #14 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We just had three days at the Dan Eilat. Wonderful beachfront location. The decor of the hotel is a time-warp of 1960's chic. Breakfast was awesome; other meals, fair. Many restaurants on the boardwalk. The linens and towels desperately need replacement. Weather was fantastic. We could easily have done without the blaring 6:00a triathalon, which began next to the hotel

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Dan Eilat

Reviewed January 15, 2014

this is a very high level hotel on every aspect
i want to mention especially the food which was excellent/ very tasty, wery wide range, original, best quality products. nothing was "ordinary", all extraordinary.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Yehudit S,

Thank you for the high compliments! We do our best to make sure that our guests have only the very best, and I'm glad to hear that we were able to treat you well during your stay with us. I'll be happy to pass on your compliments to our head Chef, Ofir Kedem, who always enjoys hearing that his team were able to satisfy our customers. Thank you again for leaving your thoughts with us, and I look forward to seeing you once more here at the Dan Eilat.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Another Eilat vacation; always at Dan Eilat. Rooms and service are great. Breakfast at the Dan Eilat is the best - even better than other Dan hotels in Israel (at least from my experience). And now - breakfast until noon! With teenage kids - a much welcome change! See you next year, Dan team!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Donna G,

Thank you for leaving such a warm review! I'm glad to hear that your time here was well-spent and that you were able to enjoy yourself fully. I'll be happy to pass on your compliments to our Chef, Ofir Kedem, who is always happy to hear that he has satisfied yet another customer.
Thank you again, and we'll look forward to seeing you and the family next year.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We lived there in the beginning of January only 4 days and I didn’t want to leave it, really.

Very friendly staff at the reception and The King David Lounge. Best chefs and cooks at the restaurant. Good Spa and Gym. The parking is free. The check-out at Shabbat at 4 p.m. - Almost everything what you dreamed.

Only two points I’d like to note as a problem. – In the double room you can see two small connected beds instead of one large. And the waiters often do not pay attention for the used ware, so we had to remove it independently.

Anyway I think the management of the hotel works very well. Especially I have to note Mr.Vladimir, - he's very professional and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear karajan,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and the rest of the TripAdvisor community. I know that all of us here at the Dan Eilat work hard every day to bring nothing nothing but the highest service to our guests, and I'm glad to hear that we were able to make your stay a pleasant one. Regarding the beds, please inform us when making your reservation or call us before you arrive so we can place you in a room with two beds or one bed. I will also forward your concerns to the relevant manager so that we can reinforce training where it's needed among our staff. I'll also be happy to forward your comments to Vladimir who always puts the guests first, and both he and I will be happy to see you again on your next stay in Eilat.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We spent 4 nights at the hotel 5-9/1/2014.

The hotel is situated on the waterfront where the view is beautiful, there was absolutely no noise from any cars for 5 days. The room we had was a fantastic Terrace room with huge balcony.
The rrom itself is not that modern but very spacious and the layout is great.
Service was A+ from every person in the staff.
Breakfat buffet is plain crazy...there is so much selection that I thought the entire country was coming to eat. The buffet was the most clean buffet I had ever seen in Israel.
My advice if possible- don't go for the standardr room, go at least one level up...it's all about the views.
I am an Ex-hotelier myself and very demanding in where I stay on business/holiday...Dan Eilat gets a "9" from me..and if the room would be redecorated it would recieve a "10"

Room Tip: Pay more and take at least one room type better than the Standard room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear DAN1455,

Thank you for leaving such a warm review! I'm glad we were able to satisfy you and make your stay with us so enjoyable! Our chef and his entire team put their utmost effort into every breakfast and dinner service and turn out delicious dishes for all our guests, and I'm glad that we were able to live up to your expectations. I'm happy to inform you that we are in the initial stages of refurbishing the entire hotel, so hopefully the next time you come stay with us you'll be able to give us a "10"! Thank you once more, and I hope to see you among our guests in the near future.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

we stayed at the dan eilat during the week. we travelled as parents, 3 kids (8b, 5g, 2g) and grandma and stayed in 2 interconnected rooms on the 3rd floor. the weekend was cold by eilat standards, around 20C.

rooms: the rooms were comfortable and spacious enough to accommodate us all. the bed were comfortable and everything was clean and in very good condition. the flat screen tv has a very large variety of channels which was nice.

food: breakfast was great with typical Israeli hotel breakfast fare but also pizza, pasta and other stuff. the omelet bar was also great and very fast and efficient. my son gave the breakfast a 5/5/ the dinner was one of the better hotel dinners I have had, with lots of high quality products and a lot of variety. there could have been a little bit more for young kids though.

entertainment: on the 1st night there was a very entertaining show based around Saturday night fever. on the second night they did a bingo game which seemed a little ad-libbed. it was a little annoying that they promsed other entertainment, namely shows and activities for kids that started at earlier times. these never took place, this may have been a result of the fact that we were the only ones to show up, but still...

the pools: wow, the pool here is great. it must have been designed by the same people that designed the pool at the royal beach because they look very similar. the water was very heated to (they said) 27C, although it felt hotter. We were cold when we got out, but the tons of Russian, English and French tourists seemed ok. the water slide is really nice.

kids club: well equipped with appropriate games for kids of all ages.it was clean and safe and well operated. that being said, almost all the activities on the schedule did not take place. my main issue is that I always compare all kids clubs to the one at the royal garden, where there are a lot of activities and the instructors are actively involved with playing with the kids and getting to know them (and not playing with their phone most of the time).

overall: my son said this was the best trip he has ever had to eilat. it may be a result of the copious amounts of chocolate he consumed, but he said he would start saving his money and invite us there soon. that is high praise. my little girl (2 yo) told all her class about her new home in eilat with the big bed. all in all a very enjoyable time.

issues:
-the video arcade is a bit of a joke with the 1 game, air hockey and gambling games. better not to have anything than to have this.
-it is a bit annoying to arrive at an activity on the schedule only to have it not take place. no one says you have to fill up the entire day with activities, the hotel isn't club med. but if you give out a schedule with activities, they really should take place, regardless of how many people are present.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2014

If you're looking for an ideal Xmas break in the sun, Eilat is a great destination. There are charters that fly direct but we flew scheduled and my biggest negative is the poor timing of connecting flights. That said the resort is great, the hotel fantastic and we can't wait to go back to the Dan Eilat.

Room Tip: Recommend the Executive rooms which gives access to the Executive lounge which serves great food and...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear corvettec5,

I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy yourself during your stay with us! Everything we do is done with the intent of allowing our guests to relax, unwind, and let go of all their stress and worries and concentrate on the beach, sun, and wonderful atmosphere we try to engender here. I hope we have the opportunity to host you again next year, or perhaps even sooner.