“Dan Eilat lives up to its reputation!”
Review of Dan Eilat

Dan Eilat
Ranked #13 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Jerusalem, Israel
“Dan Eilat lives up to its reputation!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Before I review our visit, here is a little tip - if you stay at a Dan Hotel join their "e-dan" membership club. It is free, you get points for free nights, arrival gift and a good chance for an upgrade.

I usually don't go to Eilat since it is not my type of vacation, I prefer to relax in less frequented places. But since I heard that Eilat would be almost empty this week and all hotels were offering big discounts, we decided to try it. Friends suggested the Dan Eilat as the best hotel in Eilat, and it is definitely one of the best.

Let me start with the one Con. There is a high charge for internet use (though in the lobby it is free) and you are charged per device! The hotel says that they do not have control over this, since internet is supplied by an external company. That answer of course is unacceptable since I assume the hotel gave them the franchise... In any case I used when needed my mobile GSM router, so I had no need for their service..

Now on to the good points - On arrival we were greeted with a smile (contrary to some reports here, in fact staff were very nice throughout the visit) and upgraded to an Executive room from the Standard Room that we paid for. The room was on the 12th floor which gave us a great view of the Red Sea and the surrounding mountains, while keeping the noise from the pool, away from us. The beds were very comfortable, hard but not too much. Shortly after we arrived a waiter arrived with a bottle of Red Ben Ami and a box of chocolates.

The room was a roomy 46 sqm with a sitting area separated by a bamboo screen, convenient when you are sleeping and your spouse is not. The bath area was very large even for a 5 star hotel and had separate shower, bath and toilet all in their separate compartments! While some of the furniture and carpets did show a little wear and tear, little is the word.

We only ate breakfast in the hotel, so I can not comment on other meals, but the breakfast was exceptional even compared to other Israeli hotels who are known for their extensive breakfasts. In fact the Dan Eilat serves breakfast from 7am to 12pm, so I have a feeling that many guests come in around 11am and substitute it for Lunch! With so many salads, cheeses, yogurts, baked goods, salmon (smoked and baked), pizza. lasagna, antipasti, pastries, coffee bar, fruits and more to choose from I can understand why...

All in all it was a very nice, enjoyable and relaxing stay. Though I am pretty sure that we would have enjoyed it less if the hotel was full and much noisier.

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea, the higher the better!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, General Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear biztravel997,
Thank you for your positive review and I enjoyed our correspondence. Throughout Dan Hotels, and especially here at Dan Eilat, we value our new and returning guests. That is why we developed and encourage our guest to join the E-Dan program; it lets us provide specifically tailored services while also informing our members of specials and news about not just our hotel but all of the hotels throughout the Dan chain.
Moreover, the internet service that we use provides support for not just our hotel but throughout the Dan chain. This give us access to a centralized service center allowing us to better manage the quality and uniformity of service provided to our guests as well as offering highly skilled staff 24/7 all year round.
I am pleased that you experienced the quality of service that is expected of Dan Eilat right from the start of your vacation. We are committed to providing high quality service and amenities to all our guests ranging from our large rooms to the quality and selection of our restaurants, specifically our buffet style Food Fair.
I try to spend as much of my time greeting the guests as possible and I look forward to having the opportunity to meeting you and your wife personally when you return.

with kind regards,
Lior Mucznik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 23, 2013

there is 12 that i stay in this hotel, always i have excllent service/wonderful location,cleanst room and home atmosphire!! and very tasty meal!!! If I want to/! pick a hotel in Eilat the first choice is Dan Eilat hotel !

Room Tip: every roos are well located
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Alexander R,
It is always a pleasure to hear from a valued member of the Dan family and the greatest compliment we can receive is to have returning guests. Thank you for making us your first choice and I'm happy that your stay with us was excellent and all you had hoped for.
I would love to have the opportunity to greet you in person next time you plan on joining us, so let me know when that may be, looking forward.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stay at Dan Eilat every time i visit the city. Always satisfied from room view, good hospitality and answer for every need you have. Food is excellent and Spa with no charge above all.Cleanliness is remarkable. Seashore is nearby, clean and nice.

Room Tip: Pool and sea view are the best. Higher floor are the best
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Rami B,
It is always a pleasure to hear from such a valued member of our Dan family; thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community.
We are delighted you enjoyed the amenities that are on offer for our guests, such as the high quality breakfast service in the Food Fair to our speciality cleaning team, catering for guests every whim. We take pride in our work and when guests recognize our efforts, it is incredibly rewarding; thank you for enabling us to give credit where it is due.
When you return, I would love to have the opportunity to greet you in person, do let me know when that might be.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Dan Eilat for 9 nights,this was our 1st and last time.From the moment we arrived we were treated with indifference and rudeness.We arrived at 8am after an overnight flight from London, there was no concierge to help us and we carted our four cases to the reception desk.A member of the management staff passed us with out making any eye contact or even acknowledging us .I know hospitality does not come easily to Israelis but could not the reception staff simile and welcome you to the hotel.We were not shown to our room or where any of the facilities of the hotel were.Our room was on the 9th foor which was a non smoking floor so why was there cigarette burns thought out the room .The furniture was old,tatty and of cheap quality,we do not live like this at home,so why should we live like this on holiday. Yes the breakfast is big ,but not very good quality,none of the food is labelled,there is no toast or bagels, the pastries are made in house from frozen and are tasteless.The orange & grapefruit juice come out of machine and taste like cats wee.The only redeeming feature in the hotel is Jean the manager in the restaurant.

Room Tip: stay on a high floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gary t
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Gary T,

Your review was difficult to read but we appreciate your feedback.
Every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of guest experience so we will ensure to pass on these experiences to relevant management for their thorough attention.
I would have hoped that your time with us could have been better, especially the initial level of hospitality that; many of your issues could have been resolved.
There are several non smoking floors available; should your discomfort have been made aware to us, it would have been our pleasure to find you a more suitable room.
Considering other more favorable comments received in the past with regards to our team and breakfast, your comments are concerning and not in keeping with the standards we strive to deliver throughout the hotel. All of our baked goods including our pastries are made fresh daily (excluding Saturday). Not all of our food in the Food Fair is labeled but the staff would have been happy to help you locate anything you would had wanted.
Even though many of our guests enjoy the orange and grapefruit juice that is available for breakfast, there is always the option of ordering any another type of juice or drink from our many waiters on hand to help.
We would like that if you chose to stay in Eilat in the future, that you would give us another opportunity to show you the level of quality service that is expected of one of the Dan Hotels, as such, please do contact me prior to your arrival so I may be able to assist.

With thanks and Best Regards,

DE-GR.LimorA@DanHotels.com
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Me and my husband spent 4 days at dan hotel. eilat.
this is our's 7th time at that hotel, and i'm always amazed by how some things never change
this hotel kept it class over the years - leaving a very easy choice when i need to pick a hotel for my annual vacation.

absolutely best value for money.
i loooove the food, the kindness the calmness.

if you can afford it - dont even hesitate.

Room Tip: of course. choose the room pointing to the sea - this will give you a full fledged experience!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, Public Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Olga Y,
I was thrilled to hear that your stay was everything that you hoped it would be. Returning guests to a hotel is the biggest compliment one can get so we are truly appreciative of your loyalty, thank you.
Your review simply made my day and has allowed me to give credit where it is indeed due, thanks again for that too.
Please do let us know when you'll next be visiting, it would be great to be able to thank you in person.
Kindes regards for now,
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

This was my third visit to the hotel after 2 years of a absence and my third stay at a Dan chain hotel in the last few months. The hotel hasn't changed much. The "Food Fire" main restaurant serves the best hotel food in Eilat, it is a pleasure to sit at the Kind David lounge but at the same time the clean no smoking hotel has aged and the sings of time gone by are showing here and there. The attending night manager during the first night went out of her way to help us choose a late night meal served to our room but some of the waitresses both at the restaurant and lounge were overworked, did not smile or respond verbally when asked to serve coffee, or bring a beverage to my table. During the busy part the late morning service was slow at the coffee machine at the main restaurant and at the lounge. At least twice when a group gathered at the lounge the noise was quite disturbing. The management should consider informing a written and verbal request not only not to use cellphones at the lounge but rather keep one's voice down.
I will gladly return next time to the hotel but care should be considered to deal with some of the points raised by me.

• Stayed January 2013
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Emezer,
It is always a pleasure to hear from one of our returning guests; loyal guests to a hotel is the biggest complement one can get so we are truly appreciative.
As someone who has seen us at our best, it saddens me that your expectations were not met. For reference, we are currently in the beginning stages of an extensive renovation throughout the hotel, so we certainly hope all will be more to your satisfaction for next visit.
Moreover, as you are aware, every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of service at all times, so it is always a concern when guests feel we have fallen short. Your comments have certainly been taken on board for further retraining exercises, thank you for highlighting these necessities to us.
Reviews such as yours are instrumental in helping us develop and improve our service delivery; We would not be where we are today without our valuable guests sharing their insights and experiences.
We look forward to your return and wish you safe travels.

Dan Eilat
Reviewed January 7, 2013

One of the pleasent hotels that I visited with my family. Well located very close to the beach and to the North promenade, friendly staff, excellent food ( breakfast served till 12:00 noon) ,excellent facilities, etc

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear HannaIsrael,
Thank you for the kind words and we are happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We try to provide a well-rounded experience that will allow everyone of different age groups and backgrounds to enjoy a truly relaxing and memorable vacation. Its always hard to see one of our members of the Dan Family leave and we hope you visit us soon. Best Regards,