“Stay away!!!!”
Review of Dan Eilat

Ranked #14 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Terrible hotel terrible staff! I should have known at check-in to walk away. The trainee that greeted me was unfriendly and more importantly incompetent. Check-in took almost 30 minutes and involved the clerk making numerous trips to the back. The following morning I had to redo the check-in process because it was done incorrectly the first time. They made me change rooms in the middle of my stay moving me to a dirty, smelly room with broken furniture. I attempted to complain to their management but the manager refused to speak to me. There were too many bad things about the hotel staff to list them all, I'm quite certain the rude treatment I received was intentional. This was a very frustrating experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Skeet1003
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Skeet1003,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us here on Tripadvisor; noticing your profile, it certainly seems that you have been a busy traveler this year so your comments are important to us.
Throughout the hotel, every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of service and guest experience at all times, so it is regretful when a guest feels that we have fallen short.
The comments that you made are sincerely not in line with the standards of service we provide for our guests as such, a thorough investigation was carried out into all the points raised. There seems to be a great deal of anomalies; neither would our managers ever refuse to meet with a guest or move a guests room without their request, so we are still somewhat troubled by this allegation. Should you have any further information that may assist in further investigations we'd love to hear from you on DE-GR.LimorA@danhotels.com.
For the time being, we are apologetic that this seemed to have been your experience and would love the opportunity of showing you we can do so much better.
With regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed at the Dan Eilat for four nights in December.
This is one of the better, if not the best hotel in Eilat. Situated on the north beach, the hotel has all the amenities for a perfect holiday. Beach is well kept, as is the pool area and all other facilities. Buffet breakfasts are second to none anywhere. Stayed in a good sized nicely decorated "Terrace Room" which offers a large balcony with a sitting area and lounge chairs and a beautiful sea-view, as well as access to the rooftop lounge.

I will definitely return to this hotel in future.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view. Recommend getting a room with access to the rooftop loun...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Dear Rann,
We here at the Dan Hotels are pleased to hear that your stay with us during the holidays was a perfect one. We have several hidden jewels in the hotel and we are glad that you got to experience the King David Executive Lounge which offers one of the best panoramic views of the area. We look forward to see you again amongst our treasured guests.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The hotel in nice & luxurious
Very rich & varieted kitchen
Large Israeli-style Breakfast
Also sugar-free desert available
Very well situated
Personally do not like the interior design -but this is a matter of artistic taste...
;)
Also to mention - they do room another refreshing at evenings which is good, like changing towels getting extra shampoo etc...

Recommended although on the high -scale price

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Location is excellent, very good Sevice, excellent food, very good business lounge. We got a late check out and the stay was greate/
The only thing that was not so good is that we ordered a mini suite and the first one we got was not inviting and the tv was in a bad location (room 818). We asked to move to room 816 and got Immediately.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Dear Haggith M,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your experiences with other travelers here on Tripadvisor.
I'm pleased to hear that your stay with us was great and that the team took good care of you. Its through guests feedback such as this that enables us to develop and monitor our service offering, thank you for highlighting the finer details of your stay.
We're looking forward to welcome you back,
with regards,
PR Manager

Reviewed December 5, 2012

It was my second stay at this hotel, this time fir two nights. I had the time of my life. The hotel is wonderfully maintained, the service is great and the food - unbelievable. I was sad when my stay came to an end. Will go there again and again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Dear Yorams111,
Thank you for such a flattering review. We're delighted to hear that your stay with us was so memorable and are always happy to welcome new members to our Dan Family of returning guests.

We're sincerely looking forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed November 29, 2012

the ex lounge is fantastic the food is very good and pleniful but last year was better
our 4 day break was marred by the fact that the had at the same time an energy exhibitionfor which i reckon took over most of the hotel
the price we paid is 50% up on last year
i reckon that better bargains can be found
That said the staff were AI the rooms very clean and not too many noisey children

Room Tip: pay the extra and go for an exce room with access to lounge
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, Management at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Topola42,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your stay with us.
Whilst we do tend to host conferences throughout the year, we certainly try to minimize the impact on our individual guests; We hope that the conference did not interfere too much with your trip.
Just like airlines and hotels around the world, prices of rooms in Eilat fluctuate depending on several factors such as the season, local events, and other circumstances that change every year, thank you for understanding this.
We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near furture, do let us know when that might be.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

The good:
Location is excellent, right next to the beach. Overall the public spaces are clean and nice, the breakfast was outstanding.
The bad:
This is where it gets annoying. I was there to attend a conference (being held in the hotel) and arrived a bit early (checkin is at 15:00). The room wasn't ready but they took my phone number and promised to call as soon as the room was available. Needless to say...they didn't call. I presented myself at 15:05 and checked in, received the room key and went up to the room. That's when I got a bit of a surprise. I have been in many hotel rooms, but this was without a doubt the tiniest room I have ever stayed in!! When I say that there was literally about half a meter between the wall and the bed on each side, I am not exaggerating (see the photos...)! There was a tiny desk-come-worktop which was supposed to allow me to work - but it was too small to hold both my laptop and the tea-tray at the same time... and unfortunately there was nowhere else to put the tea-tray....! Luckily I was travelling with very little luggage as there was absolutely nowhere I could have put the suitcase if I'd had one, without having to climb over it to get to the bathroom. Oh yes....the bathroom was Lilliputian to match the rest of the room....but to compensate it was tastefully "decorated" with the plumbing nicely laid out in full view (see photo) under the sink.
Now I realize that all hotels have a couple of small rooms due to the building design etc., however these are generally held for last minute arrivals or emergencies of other kinds. But to give someone a room like this AND CHARGE FULL PRICE (a fraction under $200 a night!) is ridiculous!!! By the way, the website promised a balcony....needless to say that no such thing existed - unless they expected me to climb out of the window and sit in the 10 inch wide flower-bed!
The final straw came when I needed to get onto the internet and discovered that they charge .... hold on to your hats....33NIS (about $8 !!!) per hour for internet use!! Most hotels over the world have long ago ceased to charge for internet as an extra, and if they do charge it's usually a nominal sum. $8 an hour is simply speaking a rip off!!!
I was going to complain about all the above when I checked out and they courteously asked me "how was your stay".....unfortunately the checkout was very cursory and they didn't ask me anything.....I suppose they already knew!

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get the corner rooms!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear WanderingFungi,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experiences here on Tripadvisor; it is through comments such as these that enable us to develop and monitor our service delivery.

We're delighted you enjoyed the hotel location and all that the area has to offer.
As mentioned, at every hotel, rooms differ in size and style. The room ordered, a single, is understandably smaller than other double rooms in the hotel. With that in mind, there are very few single rooms and ordinarily, individual travelers are on occasion, treated to a complimentary upgrdae to larger accommodation; it appears however that the hotel was at full occupancy during your stay. Having said that, we would have liked the opportunity of making you more comfortable whilst still in house had we known of your displeasure slightly earlier. It is always a regret when guests leave not 100% satisfied and we would hope to have another opportunity to show you we can do so much better.
I'd be delighted to discuss options directly prior to your next visit, please feel free to email me. In the meantime, wishing you well and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

DE-GR.LimorA@Danhotels.com