“Great vacation!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Eilat
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had 3 nights in the hotel, and it was great!

The service is excellent, everybody is so nice and helpful! We had a phone calls to our room few times a day, asking us if we need something. The cleaning was great, and they change the towels again at the evening.
At the morning they put a newspaper on the door.

The breakfast is very delicious and varied, also, after the breakfast there is a "traklin", which serves snacks, and after - the deserts. In other words, you can eat the whole day:)
The dinner is great! You have two options for dinner - in the dining room and a restaurant, I recommend to book a restaurant, because there is more delicious food- and in the dining room there are lot of people and children:)

The spa is great and comfortable. Very quiet and nice.

If you have a chance, I would advise to go in the middle of the week, and not on weekends, because the restaurant serves more delicious meals on weekdays, due to the fact that the hotel is "shomer shabbat" (Israeli weekend).

The rooms are very beautiful, we had a room with a sea-view.
There is a Jacuzzi in the bathroom, and the radio with relaxation music.

Wonderful hotel, highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Hebrew first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I went to Eilat on my way to see Petra in Jordan. I chose this hotel because it was close. It was horror from the moment I arrived. There was no one at the front desk to check me in. No one to help with luggage. I went to the cafe as soon as the hour long check in process was finally completed. The waitress asked why I was there and I told her I was going to Petra the next day. She then stated "why it's boring" I was shocked. The room was totally gross and dirty. The jacuzzi was gross and slimmy with dirty towels everywhere. That was the good part because dinner ended up being the most repulsive meal I have ever had. I sent the meal back and they have me a free meal for the next night. Instead I went to an Italian restaurant that was great. I don't give bad reviews often but take my advice don't stay here. Anything is better anywhere is better

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank Jawnmarq
FattalM, General Manager at Herods Vitalis Spa Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Guest,
According to your review on TripAdvisor web site , I would like to mention that I was really upset to read your bad feedback.
According to my previous check you and your friend MR Gary Rubistein stayed with us from 23rd July till 25th July 2011.
You arrived on Monday 23th at 13:26 , got a nice welcome drink from MRS Dora, the private VITALIS hotel receptionist + glass of champagne She does remember you clearly and she gave you the room immediately (no waiting time wasted at all) You got room 655 (one of our best room with marvelous sea view) the moment you arrived.
She even remembers that you insisted to take the luggage’s by yourself although bell boy is available all day.
Before we give the rooms to our guests , as a procedure house keeping worker + maintenance stuff + house keeping supervisor make double check
Before delivery to reception desk – that’s why its sounds very weird getting room not clean with dirty towels dropped around???
Our Lawrence restaurant considers one of the best in Eilat.
We get the best feedbacks every evening from our guests, compliments and even letters to the private chef there, If a special dish is not tasty or well flavored to a person from each reason, we change the dish till the guest is completely satisfied.
I also know that MR Elmar Jager, our night duty manager gave you the opportunity the next day but unfortunately you didn’t use it.
I am not sure its appropriate to get 2 bad fid backs from 2 person who stayed together at the same room and in the same time Just to cause a big damage to the hotel reputation.
Hope to see you visit again in one of herods hotel in the future. Meanwhile my best regards Sincerely yours,
SHILLA AMSALEM HOTEL MANAGER
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I went to visit my girlfriend for my first trip to Israel (from the USA) and I included a trip to Eilat in our itinerary. I wanted to make sure this portion of our trip was luxurious and relaxing and I decided on Vitalis (after reading many many reviews). As soon as we arrived, I felt as if I made the right choice.

Helpful staff, champaign at the check in and beautiful grounds. The pool is connected to an indoor pool. There are a couple of different jacuzzis and I never wanted to leave the hot/cold wateralls. If pools aren't your style, the beatiful and cool Red Sea is a minute's walk away. Bring some sandals b/c the sand is HOT HOT but the water was cool (it was 104 degress at the end of June). The rooms were perfect, the views were great, the bathroom/shower was excellent. No kids and no cell phones - perfect for relaxation. The food was VERY GOOD. The breakfast was outstanding, each day. We had dinner one night in the other Harrod's hotel (a few minute walk away from Vitalis) and this food was very good and was an overwhelming selection; something for EVERYONE. The other night we had reservations at the Vitalis restaraunt. The staff was great. The meal was great 3-4 courses plus an appetizer buffet; all included. All of the food; dinner & breakfast was included in the cost of the hotel(we paid for the bottle of wine at dinner but it was good, affordable and from the Golan Heights) and all the food was delicious. The hotel was a great. The coffee/tea bar is open for most of the evening and the bartenders are skilled and happy to serve. I also loved the bank of beverages; cold water, lemonade, orange juice and fruit punch. The cinnamon apple beverage in the lobby is GREAT touch. Next time I am in Eilat, I will stay at the Vitals.

(WE HAD ONE ISSUE DURING OUR STAY; we wanted information about snorkeling in the Red Sea Coral reefs and asked the Vitalis people. They directed us to the other Harrods hotel desk where we found a nice man at the information desk. This guy was nice but its turns out he fleeced us for about $40. We asked for info about snorkeling and he sold us a deal that paired admission to the nearby aquarium with the snorkelng. He stated it was going to be the same price, about $90, to get 2 tickets from him that included a ticket for the snorkeling gea AND the aquarium. He said if we went to the Snorkeling place, we would pay the same price but not be able to go to the aquarium. It turns out we could have gone snorkleing for about $50. He flat out lied to us to make the extra $40. This pissed us off enough to contact Vitalis after our trip and let them know what went one. They stated he works for the Aquarium (BIG SURPRISE!) and we told them how dissappointed we were that he represented Vitalis and gave us bad information to make a quick buck. The aquriam was not all that bad (better for kids) but coming from the USA, we have some of the most amazing aquariums in the world asn this was just not we were interested in spending our time on but since we paid so much for it, we killed 30-45 mins there. I would not go back. The snorkeling however was awesome and I would have like to have spent the extar time there, at this really nice little beach bar right near the coral reef. Vitalis basically did not take responsbility (not much recourse anyway) for this man's action and that was the only thing wrong with our whole experience.)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JaysBay
hod hasharon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Last month my husband and I had a dream vacation in Eilat, Vitalis gives value for money explained that height, the hotel is situated on the promenade of Eilat, the heart of matters, private beach, swimming pool without the noise of children, food delicious, attitude and service are great, rooms pampering and luxurious spa. Encourages all interested couple dream vacation in Eilat Book at this hotel.

ft lauderdale
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

this was billed as a super luxury, high service, adult hotel- that could not be further from the truth- the hotel was disgracefully dirty, the rooms, the public areas, the pool, the spa- the house keeping staff was nonexistent as well as the regular staff- no one was ever to be found from the moment we arrived with many suitcases and no one to meet or greet us and no one to assist with the luggage- this was true of checking out as well- the spa was especially offensive and filthy and the 90 seconds or so that I actually sat in the jacuzzi I was facing a closet that said jacuzzi poison with a big lock and a filthy cracked wall next to it - the breakfast was to start at 7 AM and by 730 no one was there to great or seat us for 15 minutes, the dining room was fully empty and the buffet was not fully set up- we had a driver for a private tour arriving at 8 and were 20 minutes late due to the length it took to find someone to order breakfast and the inappropriate time it took to cook it- the dinner restaurant was the most dated room decor wise that I have seen in years and the food, which was expensive was the most inedible meal I have had in many years- the room itself was in poor condition and my deluxe sea view that cost 540 a night actually overlooked the rooftop of the roof part of the hotel and a restaurant called MY YAMI, that had the scent of fried food wafting out over the hotel pool area in 110 degrees all day and well into the night- the herods vitals bills itself as an adults only resort- they give you no amenities- bottom of the line gym and spa, restaurant and no concierge desk- the pool is the size of a kiddie pool, while the main herods is in the center with an elaborate pool and much better amenities- the problem is the are more screaming kids there that any family should ever have x 500- the separate areas for the adults only section and the children and family section is no more than 10 meters, and even though the children are loud, one want what they have, a luxurious atmospheric pool and amenities that are at least a notch higher that the 2 star hoel billing itself a a five star offers- but with the screaming kids- I can't stress how poor this actually was- I would not pay 99 am night for this place- the absolute worst

4 Thank garyblue99
natanya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

i had a perfect vacation in the vitalis spa hotel in eilat , first when we arrived a nice lady by name orly welcomed us so warm and kindnes, we got a nice room the stuf keepd asking if everything is ok , i have no words for the service and the behaving of all the personels whoe works in this hotel , i just want to tell you that this hotel will be from now on my fevorit.i enjoy it very very much

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

I dont gonna sty there ever again
There is a lot of hotels in Eilat, I'm sure and pretty know that I can find something cheaper and better

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Itamarhafter
FattalM, General Manager at Herods Vitalis Spa Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear MR HAFTER
It is the first time that a guest is complaining both direction …
At first you write a complaint letter to FATTAL head office in TEL AVIV and at the same time
You write your review on TripAdvisor web site immediately without even giving us 1 day to respond.
Actually you already received our answer in HEBREW 2 days after from writing your e mail.
We do hope that next time your visit will be much better
Whishing you all the best
Haim Simelmits