“Thanks Nicolle”

Ranked #5 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Haifa District, Israel
“Thanks Nicolle”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Very good hotel!! We came here as a group we took 107 rooms here!! It was so great! Exsra ettentcen to ech and every one of us. The food here is great! The rooms was big and well maintain very clean and all the time smell good! We will return now every year. Thank you

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Eron_matu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 11, 2014

They upgraded us when we arrived and we had free spa and executive club. Everything was beautiful and the executive club really a great perk. The spa was fun with running waterfalls, hot and cold to stand under. The room was clean and comfortable, the view amazing. We recommend it.
Travefriend2014

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelfriend2014
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was referred to this hotel by a well known travel agent in Israel. I specified one of the nicest hotels with a nice spa. This is the off-season, and this hotel was highly rated. As soon as I checked in to the room, I realized the hotel is quite dated and very in need of an update. It reminds me of 3 1/2 star hotels in NYC. I realize the standards of hotels in Israel is below that of the USA, but for example, this hotel was obviously last refurbished long before the era of cell phones and laptop computers. Electrical outlets are few and far between. The only one visible is near a coffee maker - by the way, there is a charge for morning coffee with the espresso maker provided in the room. I would need to unplug the desk lamp if i wanted to charge my laptop at the desk. There is a non-working outlet in the bathroom on the hair dryer. I booked a suite which is not cheap by any standards - $500/USD per night. The furniture is dated, bed not amazing, and every time I take a shower the bathroom floor floods because the shower curtain doesn't quite reach around the entire tub. I had a massage in the spa but they ran out of lockers with keys, so i had to go back to my room to lock up my wallet etc that i had with me; and the hotel is barely populated. Chaim G's review states he asked for a special room without a carpet - as far as I can tell there are no carpets in any room, only wood floors.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Dave S
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a great time, very good resort, stunning views of the bay,
service was great and fast,
we were a group of 21 people and it was just handled perfectly,will return to this hotel in the future! Herods Rocks!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Eyal A
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Amazing hotel, excellent service.
Quiet, calm, excellent spa.
11th floor balcony has stunning views of the bay!
We ate at Tamarind and the service was excellent
We will return to this hotel in the future!

Room Tip: Club room at the 11fl!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have to say, I was SHOCKED when I arrived at this hotel.
Especially with all of the amazing reviews here. My fiance and I have traveled to over 20 countries and stayed in hundreds of hotels. This hotel was such a disappointment.
We had no help with our bags when we arrived. We loaded them up ourselves, and after waiting 15 minutes for a baggage person, we finally took the cart up to our rooms alone (after being harassed by security who said we "weren't allowed" to).
The parking garage is extremely tight with limited spaces.
The room felt dirty and dingy. It's been a long time since I felt I needed to keep socks on when walking around a hotel room. The bathroom reeked of urine and the shower curtain was dirty. Carpets were stained. We had "club room" access, which was definitely not worth it. The club room was tiny and they wouldn't allow us to take Coke out of the room. My fiance had to drink it right there in the entryway before we could leave. We stay at Marriott properties around the world with club access and have never received this kind of treatment.
The air conditioning worked when we were in the room. When you leave the room it shuts off automatically. This wasn't an issue because it cooled down very fast.
You're paying for the location. YES, the view is beautiful. The location is perfect. However - the beach is not a private beach; it's open to the public. So if I stayed in Eilat again, I'd stay at a newer, cleaner, smaller hotel with better service and just walk or drive to the beach on our own. We will never ever stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank April A
Montville, New Jersey
Reviewed January 4, 2014

When I called the hotel to request a room without carpeting because of my wife's allergies I was directed to Nicole. She was so delightful to talk to and immediately upon my request she upgraded us to an executive room. The room was as requested and more. We had a wonderful view of the beach and Red Sea from our balcony. The service from the desk to the dining room was excellent and the staff especially in the dining room were superb.
Thanks to Nicole we had a wonderful vacation from Dec. 23 to Dec 26, 2013.
Chaim Ginsberg