“Great time”

Ranked #4 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great time”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I am writing this review not so much because of the great time we had (and we did), but because I saw a terrible review before I left, and it was SO not true. Eilat in the summer is worse than being on a subway in NYC during rush hour. Anyone who goes on vacation during this time, especially during end of July and August, have to do this with the downside in mind. All hotels are fully booked, with millions of children (and usually a bit over the capacity of things like the dining room and pools), the heat is always over 40C, and everyone thinks that they paid the most for their vacation, and so deserve more than the next guy.
Well I would like to tell you that this hotel - Leonardo Plaza, situated in the best place in the city, managed to rise above all of these problems. I am not saying that they were absolutely no glitches, but the service was great, everyone employed by the hotel - from the kitchen staff till the pool and beach boys, were as helpful as can be, and we really had a great time. All this in 40 degree (104 F) weather! The rooms were clean, the staff did everything they possibly could to make our vacation a breeze, the service people called to make sure that what we requested was actually done. The food was fine, (working at over 100% capacity and STILL SMILING - I think is an accomplishment in itself!)
So if you are in Israel during any time of the year, but especially if you happen to have come during the summer months, this hotel is perfect. It has its own private beachfront, is on the "boardwalk", with a 5 minute walk from the Mall and City Center.
The only thing that could have made our vacation better - was to have the pool open during the evening - or for a night swim sometimes, but none of the hotels in EIlat have come this far, yet.
Again, I praise this hotel, and together with the price deal we found, the vacation was perfect.
Shoshi

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rose_Shoshi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 23, 2012

its our first time in this hotel and we are very pleased the service is great and the staff treat very well the clients . we will come back with pleasure.

2 Thank liorelharar19
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had the best vacation the kids enjoyed the unique kids club the rooms were amazing the service at the hotel was very good everyone were very helpfull and kind ...service with a smile .The food was excellent.
The hotel is very clean the pool as well . The hotel is in the best location in eilat.
So to make a long story short i recommand the hotel to families all around the world.
can't wait for the next time.

Room Tip: Corner suites facing the sea they are large and sunny
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank loren c
New Jersey
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I was surprised at how bad this hotel was, given many of the reviews on this site. I do like to give a fair opinion of a hotel, so I will start with what was right. Let's see......my wake up call arrived on time. When I asked for extra towels they only took 10 minutes to arrive.

Now on to what was wrong. We got two rooms for my family, one for myself, husband and our 16 year old son, and an adjoining room for my parents and our 13 year old son. The first set of rooms they booked us into were completely filthy. They smelled badly of mold. The carpets were very very badly stained. The bathrooms were dirty. In one room the refrigerator was filled with moldy food from past guests - it had obviously never been cleaned out. In the other room the air conditioning didn't work.

We requested different rooms. The front desk people were very rude and argumentative. After over an hour of arguing they finally agreed to look for other rooms. After another hour they found us two rooms, but on separate floors. The one on the fifth floor was ok. The bathroom curtain was moldy and so was the grout, and the sheets didn't seem all that clean. But the rest of the room was bearable. The second room, on the 2nd floor just above the restaurant, smelled badly of cigarette smoke and was very noisy. When we complained about the smoke they sent someone up with a can of flowery smelling "air freshener". But since it was already 2 1/2 hours after we had checked in, we gave up and just tried to live with the smell. The staff couldn't be bothered to make up the fold out beds for my sons. When I asked they literally tossed a set of sheets at me. Now I don't mind making beds at home. But I don't appreciate paying so much to do it while on vacation.

We never had an interaction with any of the staff at this hotel that was in any way pleasant. We were given wrong directions to a restaurant. Were yelled at by the staff at the pool (they close the swimming pool at 7:00 - even in mid summer), waited 20 minutes at breakfast for someone to come around with coffee.

The breakfast here was ok, but not great. Out of the four hotels we stayed in for this trip to Israel, this was the worst - stale bread goods, less choice of fruit and cheese, omelets that were way overcooked no matter how hard we tried to get the cook's attention to take them off of the grill.

Some may like the location of this hotel, in that it is right in the middle of all the honky tonk crowds, junk shops and junk food. But I personally like a quieter location with more nature around me. You could get to the beach from here, but the beach itself was very rocky and it was not an easy place to enter the water. I prefer a soft sand beach where you can wade into the sea.

If other reviews are correct and this is one of the best hotels that Eilat has to offer, then I guess Eilat is simply not for me.

Room Tip: If you absolutely must stay here try to get a room away from the dining room or on an upper floor, o...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mom929
Paris, France
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The Hotel is OK, but personnel is incompetent and organisation a disaster. If you ask a question you are lucky if you get no answer, otherwise you get the wrong information. Restaurant organisation is a pure mess. Management does not seem to have any idea on how to run what is supposed to be a vacation place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cassidian
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The right place to spend the vacation.with the best location in elat with direct access to the beach.the staff give a personal service.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We spend a wonderful stay as usual we are a returning guest for many year the service and staff are very welcome.we look forward to come back.