“An all-around great experience. Recommend!”
Review of U Suites Eilat

U Suites Eilat
Ranked #11 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We spent 3 days here, a month or so ago. Everything about the visit was positive for us. The hotel is quietly classy, with a nice clientele. Though we were traveling with children, for whom there was wonderful, well supervised programming, the atmosphere was not at all the loud and hectic one that is sometimes associated with family-friendly hotels. I would not hesitate to return without kids, as well.
The hotel staff was really pleasant and helpful, the meals were AMAZING, our suite was spacious and clean, the grounds were well-maintained...I really have nothing bad to say about it. An added bonus is its location. It has the best view that I have seen in the Eilat hotels and is in close proximity (very easy walking) to the boardwalk, without the scuzziness and loud partying that comes with being situated right on it. Le Meridien has a private beach (though it is small), another amenity of which the boardwalk hotels cannot really boast. I can honestly say that there is not another place I would have preferred to stay, and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I spent 2 nights at the hotel and had a great stay. There was a minor issue with my reservation. I had reserved 2 double beds and they only had a king for me. I spoke with the manager (I think her name was shani) and while she couldn't accommodate me for the first night as the hotel was completely full, she upgraded me to a two bedroom suite with ocean front view for the second night.
The staff was extremely accommodating and the grounds were very nice. I liked that the hotel was not directly on the strip, but walking distance to everything.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone staying in Eilat. I look forward to going back soon.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Just got back from a 4 days dreamy vacation at Meridien Eilat Hotel
This was indeed one of the best holidays we spent in Eilat
Fabulous hotel in a great location!!!
Great suite, 5th floor with a beautiful view to the sea.
The location right on the sea is a very big plus.
It was our first time there, but surely not the last!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a professional seminar. The service was polite and prompt during our entire stay, not a given in Israel. Our suite was spacious and provided us with privacy. The food was tasty and plentiful - what more could one want?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
FattalM, Guest Relations Manager at U Suites Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Ms. janet,

thank you very much for your detailed feedback about your stay with us.

It always makes me proud to hear that we live up to the standards the Le Meridien Eilat
I really appreciate your compliments and will pass this great feedback on to my teams.

See you soon at the Le Meridien Eilat.

With best regards,
Katy idan

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I would like to begin this is my first comment ever and i dont usually complain about hotel serivice

I was there recently with my wife and we had the most awfull experince in this hotel from the begining till the end.

I had called before i was arriving that i was coming with my wife and would like an upgrade to a suite as i am a gold starwood member. I arrive to check in and they said that no suite was available which is fine however as she was giving me the room key the lady behind the counter tells me that the reservation said only one guest and has to call her manager to see if my wife can be in the same room or charge me extra??????? thank god the manger allowed my wife to stay with me.

Then i finally get to my room and was hungry i look into the folder they give to the room and says room service 24 hours a day with full menu. i call they say kitchen is closed and allthey can make forme is a sandwich or pizza so i oirdered pizza i call back literaly 2 min later they said they are not making anymore pizza just sandwiches and this was at 930 pm

Next day my wife goes to spa to relax and gets a manicure and pedicure and the lady filed and made my wife bleed from 2 toes and right away the lady working on her told my wife it was her fault for moving???? i go down to spa and manger wasnt even there to talk about it/

i was shocked that this was a starwood cat. 4 hotel such a disgrace

Room Tip: rooms are nice and clean
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank meir2012
FattalM, Guest Relations Manager at U Suites Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear Mr. Meir

Thank you for your review although it was disappointing to read of dissatisfaction. Perhaps I could clarify a few points.
Regarding your reservation, since you are a gold member of Starwood the reservation was made by using the points your reservation was opened on the details that you gave. Your wife was added to the reservation immediately. I understand the inconvenience that was caused and i apologize for it.
Regarding the room service, I checked with the room service manager the first pizza was delivered to your room at 22:17, From 23:00 there is a night menu that I’m afraid is not including pizza.
Regarding to the Spa, I apologize for the inconvenience that was caused to your wife. The Spa manager spoke with your wife and she told her that everything is in order. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience.
I hope that you will give us another chance in the future in order to correct the wrong impression.
Best regards,
Katy Idan

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My second time with my family at Meridian enjoyed every moment again
Royal Suite Jacuzzi feels just like an apartment, food was excellent,
The service was good, the staff at reception greeted us nicely and politely.
Responded to every request we had.
I'm sure we return again and next time just me and my husband.

Room Tip: Royal Jacuzzi Suite
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Ms. Kay,

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us.

We appreciate your positive comments and hope to welcome you back at the Le Meridien Eilat

With best regards,
Katy idan.
Le Meridien Eilat

Reviewed October 29, 2012

no one mentions that the hotel is right under the flight path and that the planes fly so low over the hotel you can see the colour of the captain's eyes as they land the plane/
The hotel has an overwhelming smell of air-freshener that is suffocating.
Full of huge families and shsouting kids. Loud speaker s by the pool ensure that you are blasted with disco music all day as you lie by the poo. No BEACH... just some steps into the red sea and the position of the hotel is right next to the port.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review although it was disappointing to read you dissatisfaction. Perhaps I could clarify a few points.
Regarding the location of the hotel, one of our advantage of our hotel is that it is so close to the airport and to the board walk and the shopping center.
The smell in the hotel, Since we are part of the national Starwood chain the smell is ruled by the Starwood high standards.
Regarding the children in the hotel, October is still the holiday season in Israel therefore most of our guest were families with children.
Regarding the beach, the unique of the hotel is that it is located at the first line of the water and has direct stairs into the ocean.

Best regards,