“Great hotel if you stay in a suite”

Queen of Sheba Eilat
Ranked #25 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I've stayed at the Sheba on numerous occasions and always in one of the suites with a jacuzzi facing the Red Sea. The rooms have a magnificent view with wonderful patios, but the truly special feature of the hotel is the Executive Lounge. Warm friendly people ready to assist with any item necessary--also the location of the special business breakfast (a great way to beat the often rowdy Israeli crowds in the regular dining room). Normally, the front desk people are not so friendly--but we rarely deal with them. We like the hotel so much, we are actively thinking of buying a room there.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank redsea1

Reviewed September 5, 2009

Ok so before coming out here i have read a bunch of different reviews from different sites on this hotel.. and i read alot of bad things but i figured most people dont understand israeli's but i am married to one and i lived here for a few years... even though i am coming from NY now it will be fine..

we came to the hotel and from checkin till checkout everysingle thing we had to fight about with the front desk or hotel manager... they have no clue what customer service...

the first room they gave us had cigarette holes in the chairs and the couch had stains all over.. the bed had hairs and different colors on thw white sheets...

we came with another couple that had a baby and they checked in for 2 days and us for 3 days... both identical rooms... they mistakenly put the couple with the baby in the room that was for us... and told us we had to check out a day early.... we explained to them how it was all my reservation but we were the ones staying the extra day... it took us 2 days and lost of harrasing till we got it sorted out.... basically what i am saying is.. if you want a nie vacation go to somewhere other then Eilat... if you must come here then go to the DAN hotel... but still know that its far from service you would expect somewhere else in the world

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hillelschreiber
Reviewed August 9, 2009

While the rooms are very nice and clean, the service is lacking although it is somewhat better than other Israeli hotels. As with all Israel hotels I have stayed in I have noticed that no matter how nice of a hotel you are in, the service is typically below par. At this hotel in particular, I had problems with timeliness and attentiveness in the bar/seating area in the lobby overlooking the pool. Should not take 10-15 minutes for someone to come and take our order, especially when there are only 4-5 tables seated and at least 3-4 people working.

As this was the first time I travelled in Israel with my other, I was not aware of having to book for 2 people even if one bed. Yes, this is my ignorance that led to this little problem, but still could be handled better. At check in, I am told there is an additional charge for a second person. I ask why that is and they say that it is to cover the cost of breakfast. Keep in mind, you pay for it even if you dont go. So rather than have an argument, I ask what the difference in price will be. She goes behind the front desk through a door and is missing for 10-15 minutes. They really like making people wait 10-15 minutes I guess. She gets back to me and it was some amount I cant remember, but the point is that should have already been known and not had to be figured out.

All in all, the stay was fine and I would say it was better than most Israeli hotels I have stayed at, but I really wish hotels in Israel would teach their employees some proper service skills...

On a side note, I highly recommend the restaurant Chicago and the dish of the three filet medallions. Wonderful restaurant!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MoganDavid
Reviewed August 2, 2009

On our previous 4 visits to Eilat, we stayed at the Dan Eilat which is excellent but decided for our 30th wedding anniversary to try someplace else. We loved it. The food, the ambience, the decor, the room quality, the service, the amenities, the location--everything was first rate. Contrary to the experience of some travellers who found the hotel personnel impersonal, we found everyone quite helpful, especially at the concierge desk. And the guy at the espresso bar knows what he is doing. Breakfast here is fabulous, especially if you are sitting at one of the outdoor tables. Because we intended a 2 night stay in Petra, Jordan from the Hilton, the hotel was quite helpful in arranging our transportation and keeping our excess luggage until we returned to Israel to continue our travels. If there is a better place to stay in Eilat right now, I don't know about it and I have been to all the hotels in and around the lagoon area. I guess one could call this a rave review.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Barry I
Reviewed July 21, 2009

After reading the reviews I wonder a bit why I didn't get the HHonors treatment others got - no breakfast, no lounge, no room upgrade. But I used points for my 3 night stay and the hotel charged me $125 a night to upgrade to a family suite for the 4 of us. I still think it was worth it since we had extra space.

The suite was not as amazing as the hotel and entry appears. And the pool is good but not like other resort hotels that have pool bars, wave machines, etc.

The excursion to Petra was pricey charging my 13 year olds as adults but finding that under 15 were free when we arrived at Petra. Overall we loved Eilat and the Hilton but if you are looking for top accomodations and ammenities look a bit further.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank ZorroMerion
Reviewed June 11, 2009

An alternate source suggested staying here despite my better judgement after reading the ordinary reviews on Trip Advisor.
This hotel is huge, you are one of thousands, there is nothing personal about the service or services. The place was fully booked when we stayed mostly by families with small children who run riot in this place. If you want something quiet DO NOT stay here as the noise from down on the street is pretty loud until about 3am (wear ear plugs).
The small pool area does not accommodate the number of people wanting to use it, it is also totally over run by kids from the time it opens to the time it closes. You are better going to the beach however the beaches in town are also very crowded. We took a short 5 min cab ride past the port to the beach at Aqua Sport which is much quieter, you can also snorkel there too.
The rooms are ok, clean enough but fairly dated. We only ate breakfast here and it was very disappointing, hundreds of people pushing and shoving at the buffet for very ordinary food. There is lots of food but not much of it tastes good, especially after the great breakfasts we had enjoyed at other hotels during our trip and certainly not what you would expect from a 5 star hotel.
Service is pretty much non existent across the board. Bad value for money at $350USD / night.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2009

This hotel is well below standard and they seem to be further cutting corners and is declining. They no longer provide Honors members with a newspaper on Fridays (as they cost about 50c more than other days).The quality of the food is down and at the breakfast (which is like a institution canteen) there is no longer proper fruit juice but just some colored water. (There is no longer the small breakfast room on the 12th floor). The Executive lounge which should be a quiet refuge was constantly occupied by people who were friends of the staff. The standard of guest room cleanliness was poor and sand that we brought in on our feet from the beach on the first day remained there until we left., The furniture throughout is shabby and in need of replacement. Staff are generally uncaring and unhelpful, and seem not trained to deal with foreigners. Information is poor. The hotel offered nothing special for a Diamond Honors member.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple