“Are you sure it is 5 stars?”

Queen of Sheba Eilat
Ranked #26 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Are you sure it is 5 stars?”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Where should i start?
The hotel staff at the lobby need to learn how to give service, i do except from 5 start hotel that the staff will be kind, i had no issue with them but every time i asked a question i felt like they doing my a favor that they answer.
The room wasn't looked clean when i opened the windows i notice that there is cigarette butts at the window rail.
The carpet at the floor looked old and dirty the little piece of floor before looked like it need a good sweeping.
The room come with a little coffee corner but with no milk so i called the lobby to ask them if they can send milk they agreed but told me it will cost 10 NIS i told them that i will pay but then i asked them how much milk they bring and they told me half a cup.... 10 NIS for half a cup?!?!?!?

The pool, what can i say, if you think about holiday that include relaxing at the hotel pool, this place is not for you, the pool is small there is not even one little square of grass this is not the kind of hotel to come and stay in.

The hotel come with parking but since it is a small parking place i found myself every time search few minutes for a parking and few times i couldn't get to the parking since i was told it is full, it happened few time until one time i told them that i want to get in and look by myself , guess what, i did find a place, i think they have a deal with the people that work at the mall and at night they do save some parking places for them.
i know that parking is an issue at the hotels in Eilat but i also know that most hotels send you to a different place to park if they have no space, here they even not try to help you finding a different place.

The lobby it self was very hot it seems like the A/C is not working in the public areas of the hotel.

What can i say, i think it was first and my last visit to this hotel, i do not recommend any one to spend his money and holidays at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rbarak2
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear rbarak2,

Thank you for your review. it is important for us to know our guests opinions of their stay and our hotel.
I apologize that the hotel service did not meet your expectations and the staff was unpleasant to you. This does not characterize our team as we invest many resources in training and building our team to give the best service the Hilton brand promises.
Sorry for the poor cleaning you described, we will take this into account to improve.
Our room service charges a service fee for each order, this is not the price of the items you choose.
Your comments regarding the pool are surprising as it is not small at all and the area is surrounded with lawns and sunbeds. I am sorry you were disappointed with it.
Unfortunately in the summer season our parking area is very full as most guests drive to Eilat with their own vehicles. We do not save parking spaces for anyone except disabled parking spaces. There are other parking options surrounding the hotel which I am sure you were informed of.

Our hotel team makes great efforts to give our guest the best service expected from a 5 star hotel that we are. I apologize for your disappointment in some arease of your holiday and hope to be given the chance to prove otherwise.
Should you decide to try again please contact us at davina.semana@hilton.com.

Thanks again for your time and sharing your review
Davina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This was my best hotel I ever visit but this time I was shocked from the front disk and the breakfast staff they were very rude with us.
The room wasn't clean as usual what I noticed that all the staff were new.
Sorry th say that but I am really disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank razuna
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Razuna,
You have proven to be a loyal guest of our hotel and I wish to sincerly apologize for your disappointment.
Please contact us at shiran.sahar@hilton.com to share your experiences with us and allow us the chance to change your opinion of us and try to make better your experience.
We would like to hear your notes so we can make them right and improve our service.

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We booked a room with a crib for a baby. We got the crib at 17:00 , after 6 calls to the front desk. Bathroom door locked us out. The cleaning in the room is poor. This is by far the worst experience that I had. That hotel is the same level of airport motels.do not come near it.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank _A6680CP
Dear Guest
I am so sorry you felt that your stay was not to your satisfaction. Our team makes great efforts to ensure our guests receive the best service we can offer and I am sorry your experiences were not up to our standards.
As our guests are our most important asset we would like to hear from you so we can look into your issues and take action to make them right. Please contact us at shiran.sahar@hilton.com.

We hope to hear from you.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is a very good family resort with all the amenities a family need. Very centrally located on the beach front. The Chicargo Bar and Grill restaurant is very nice. However, the cleaning, I think, wasn't up to the standard of a 5* hotel. The mirrors in my room were cleaned with a a damp cloth and left to dry!

Room Tip: Sea view superior rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Andrew D
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our new superior room with a sea view and had all the amenities your family needed for a great holiday.
I have noted your comments of the cleanliness and we will be sure to handle them promptly.
The Chicago Grill Bar is one of the best restaurants in town, and is very family friendly, its great you enjoyed it. The restaurant has a TA page too :)
You are invited to join our loyalty program, look up Hilton honors and join free and start earning points and benefits immediatley.
Thanks again for sharing your opinion with us. We look forward to having you as a returning guset.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Outstanding Queen of Sheba hotel centrally located on the promenade of the seaside and also contains a small shopping center, comfort and elegant. Delicious food at a high level and variety. the rooms are spacious and varied and provide solutions to a large variety of guest requirements. Business Lounge is one of the biggest advantages of the hotel . The lounge allows guest the peace and the necessary facilities plus gourmet food, but most of all, the lounge got the best team in Eilet! The staff of the lounge get you Courtesy and outstanding service!

Room Tip: Rooms at the 8 floor
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Haim D

Thanks for a lovely review which wonderfully describes our hotel. I am so glad you chose our executive floor, the extra touch makes all the difference.
The new rooms on the 8th floor and the entire executive package truly makes a perfect holiday.
I'm glad you enjoyed the meals, the rooms, our location and lounge.
We hope to have you back for another great stay.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Best regards
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

I booked 4 families for 3 nights and payed piles of money.
The hotel charges extra for every little thing - we didn't even got WIFI for free (45 USD for 3 days)!
I had an emergency business situation and had to fax 7 pages. I went down to the reception and they wanted to charge 10 USD for sending the fax!! I can understand a reasonable amount, but 10 dollars?!
I went across the street and sent the fax from a clothes store - they wouldn't even charge a dollar...
I will never come back to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Someone206
Davina S, Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Someone206

I am so sorry to read of your disappointment from the different services we charge for at the hotel.
I thank you for bringing these up and allowing me to respond. The hotel offers free wifi in public areas of the hotel and charges for wifi only in the rooms.
We value your opinion and hope you will reconsider in the future.

Yehud, Israel
Reviewed June 8, 2014

During May 2014 we stayed at the family Room.
Only towards 15:00, nearly two hours from the time we arrived, we received an update that the room will be ready only towards 17 o'clock and "making room until 17:00 is a worldwide network policy." While waiting for my daughter and I attended the four children's club. I asked the operator there if I can jump down to reception to see if our room is ready and if he could look after the child, who was busy drawing. His answer was yes. Less than - 5 minutes from the time I went back with my return I found that I bore disappeared. Operator and I went to look for her at the hotel and a few minutes later we found her moving around the pool. Then he remembered to tell me that he is not supposed to look after the children and that he make me "a personal favor".
Then we discovered that the air conditioner in the room does not work. Only after almost 1 hour a technician came and only nearly another hour managed to fix the air conditioner.
Though we ordered the family room and we were a couple + 3 girls - we got equipment to 3 only (shampoo, towels, soap ...). We pass almost "investigation" in an attempt to understand why we ask for more towels. When we asked for conditioner they told us that they can provide us only three and that if we want more we have to open a new call. During the following days it was the same. Moreover - despite repeated our conversations, every day we continued to receive only three items of everything.
On top – the room have no sign like "do not disturb". At 23:10 (when we were asleep) we woken up by the doorbell and got two bottles of water. 2 days later, at around 8:30 am, a cleaning service wakes us up again.
I turned on the third day vacation to complain, but nothing has been changed
At Check out I found that they charge me for Ice coffee that I didnt get. After long discussion with Receptionist, and then with her manager - after minutes of waiting, they told me that they can not cancel the charge due to technical issues.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank drordean
Dear guest
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize for the unfortunate chain of events you encountered during your stay. These do not characterize the service we provide our guiests and will be forwarded to all managers of the hotel to learn from and action on to prevent them recurring.
Our policy is to give rooms from 15:00, though I am sorry this took a while. Our childrens club requires the supervision of a parent for children under 6 years old. The issue with the mistaken charge was fixed as soon as our guest relations agent was notified.
We do have a record of the issues you have raised and we will be contacting you in order to make things right.
I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered and hope we will be able to change your opinion of us.