“excellent food”

Ranked #25 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Milan, Italy
“excellent food”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Excellent hotel, excellent food, wide and comfortable rooms. The only aspect that could be improved is the wifi internet access that is not free in the rooms but only in the lobby, with ony 1h sessions.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
sessions.
Dear guest
Your review is very stisfying to red and I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. Service is the most important part of ones holiday and I am glad our professional and friendly team was able to make your stay pleasurable and enjoyable.
I look forward to welcoming you in the future.
Sincerely
Guest Relation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

We went on a 2 nights family holiday in Eilat. Booking was made quite spontaneously via www.hilton.com being a HHonors Diamond we thought to try the Hilton resort this round.
Hotel is nice and location is great especially for winter holiday when access to the beach is not needed.
Be sure to book yourself on the 8th floor (renovated floor).
For family holiday - don't count too much on the kids club - no planed activities, strong unpleasant smell and untrained and lazy staff... not even pretend to be helpful or nice to the kids ( or the parents....).
If you are HHonors member don't expect too much either... you will get more or less the very minimum benefits they obliged to provide by the club rolls with special very restricted interpretations when it comes to the benefits.... be sure to get what you in other Hiltons get as standard after lengthy discussions and correspondences. In short don't raise your expectations too high and if membership of HHonors is your main reason for booking this resort (as was in our case) don't bother. There are a few much better options around (e.g. Royal Beach of Isrotel, Le Meridien or Herods of Fattal group) which provide much better value for money and all in all better facilities.
I doubt if we go back to this resort - maybe if all other options are fully booked...

Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Leviha
Dear guest,

I wish to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us.

Your comments have been transferred to the relevant department, and I have to add that all of those inconveniences you had to face with are not a part of our standard of service in our hotel.
As part of the Hilton chain all HHonors members get the same benefits such as: free enter to the executive lounge, bonus points, free upgrades and more.

Please contact the Guest Relations department on your next visit so we can be sure to take care of your reservation on your next stay at Tel: 972-8-6306666

Milan, Italy
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We had an amazing holiday from the first moment, At the reception welcomed us a lovely girl named Rotem, and upgraded us to a renovated room at the 8 floor, and we were also upgraded to the Executive lounge, The lounge was also just after renovation it was charming and inviting, I think we spent hours there. the staff was great, Shiran the manager and her team ,Tsur and Sigalit where Professional and very friendly..Hope to return soon!!!!.

Room Tip: Must take a renovated room and lounge
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website. It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression of our staff , service was good and that you felt well taken care of during your stay.

I was also very happy to read about your satisfaction from Rotem, Shiran tsur and sigalit’s service .your very nice comments will be forward to their managers.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat.

Kind regards
Guest relations manager
israel
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed a weekend Thursday - Saturday celebrating my 50th birthday. Room was very good. The elevators are quick, The food fantastic. When we arrived at the hotel the receptionist asked whose birthday we are celebrating and also sent us a nice cake with wishes. A good feeling. View from the room was not great but important for us. Room was clean and welcoming. The staff was very helpful but the food was the best of all. Lots of variety, also for children and the deserts were somehing to look at at ofcource eat. Had a great weekend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on tripadvisor.
Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. \

I was delighted to hear about your satisfaction from the food ,rooms elevators, and the service
I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat queen of Sheba. Please do not hesitate contact me before your next arrival.
Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments and again happy birth day

Best regards
Guest relation manager
Tel Aviv
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I do not know where to start. Every year my brother and I go to the Hilton in Eilat. This year was the final time. We were given a bad room with ripped couch and little view then and moved to a lower room which smelt of musk and smoke. Dining room breakfast was stuffed full of people - at one point they did not even have any coffee cups and served in a throw away. I told the manager of the dining hall who just walked away from me. Waiters walk around like they are doing you a favour even approaching the table (if you are lucky). Negative feeling and very unhelpful.
Lounge: broken electricity sockets; no free wireless in rooms - thus lounge is important - on one occasion could NOT even sit there to work as they had rented the entire area to a congress.
Don't ask for Bloody Mary at the bar either. I asked for one on the first night and was told that they had no tomato juice. Pretty poor for a 5 star deluxe hotel. What is even worse is that each subsequent night they told me the same thing! If I had know I would have brought me own.
Pool area: - impossible to relax a mot of the time because there were congresses walking about all over the place and people smoking. Also NO pool service whatsoever. The pool staff said its because there were few guests - Meantime we WERE guests so why should WE suffer. Interesting also because the receptionist said they were FULL when we checked un and they were reluctant to help with our room. There is WAY more.. Air conditioning in the rook made a terrible noise. We didn't actually sleep properly for all 3 nights, and in order to relax at the pool we had to go next door to a different hotel!!!!
I was not going to post this but having written to the Hotel in order to let them 'defend' the terrible performance all I received was a pathetic offer of price reduction and a mean (money was not the issue) - I received no full response to all my issues - other than sorry and most people are quite happy with the hotel service levels. I fail to believe that.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better less pool nose
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gavin G
Mr. Gross
It is unfortunate that after your long correspondence with the general manager and me, you still refuse to acknowledge our responses. We explained a number of times that the hotel accommodated a large government convention during the time of your stay.
As for the tomato juice, we serve our entire guest the most popular drinks such as” Bloody Mary” and there for I believe it was probably a miss understood. I wish to apologize for that.
As part of the “Hilton” ambition to always get better we started this year to allow our guest free “Wi-Fi” in the hotel public areas such as the lobby, the pool, and the executive lounge.

Your other comments were addressed a number of times and again i apologize on behalf of the entire hotel team that you encountered difficulties in different departments.as I wrote to you on your first mail I wanted to have a personally telephone conversation which you decline 3 times.
I feel that just because our compensation wasn’t satisfying enough, you chose to write this review.
Once again it’s not the money- it’s the gesture and it still stands.
We hope to see you again,

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We saw the new remodeled suite on the website of Hilton, and as a frequent hilton guest, we wanted to enjoy it ourselves.
Our disappointment started,when we were in HH reception, and we were told that if you book Hilton not through their website, you don't accumulate the hilton points, so as a prepaid for the best suite, we didn't have any upgrade,even our bathrobes and slippers came in later, after calling the reception.
The room itself was nice, but no balcony, if they would have a balcony, you would need to add more money for just 40 cm balcony, No view. Come on! Suite without a sea view? Are you for real?
All the idea to visit this hotel was the view, we asked to change the room, and we were told that maybe next day, but the next day it was still fully booked, which means impossible to change the room. The suite has two parts, the living room and the master bed room, which had no windows, only the light from the lamps, so disappointing.

The Hilton Honor manager suggested the even though we had a VIP access for the breakfast to the executive lounge, we would be better off if we take the regular dining room,what a mistake!!
We went there for our first breakfast, we found the service next to nothing, nobody came to clear the plates from our table, and the variety of the food was not extraordinary as expected, but normal, no fresh juice station, the staff complaining for lack of coffee mugs.
So disappointing, if we would compare this Hilton to european ones.
Nest morning, we decided to disregards the recommendation and to go to VIP lounge, it was great! The service was nice, food selection fine, fresh juices,hot chocolate for the kids.
Have we gone here a day before, our feeling towards the place could have been better. The view from the executive lounge was fantastic!
The pool was not heated, the spa is not welcoming, since it is run by external operators, which use not the best of the kind products, but the cheapest, in my opinion.
It wasn't pleasant place to relax.
The kids paradise had 2 male operators, they tried to be nice and give some creation work to do, wasn't impressed so we didn't stay or use their service as babysitters.
So, suite with no view, for exaggerated price, just don't do it. Not worth your money!

Room Tip: Only if there is a discounted price, pick a room with a view with vip access
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ira_Sh
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear guest,

I have received your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba.
First of all I wish to thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on “tripadvisor”.

I was sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectation especially as a Hilton honours member, I wish to sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you commented on in the review and I wish to assure you that we at the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba are sincere in our aim to ensure that our guests receive a high standard of service.
As you say ,not all the suits are with a sea view but yet all the rooms have beautiful view rather to the “lagoon” or to the “Edom mountains” .if you wish for a sea view – all you need to do is order while you make your reservation.
If you wish to discuss these issues with me personally, please contact me at Tel: 972-8-6306655 or e mail me at : Michal.evron@hilton.com

If you are planning on returning to Eilat, I hope you will give us another opportunity, so we can restore your faith in us.
We look forward to see you among our returning guests.

Best Regards,

Guest Relations Manager
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My wife, daughter and I spent three nights in this hotel, booked on the Hilton name. The hotel is dated in many respects; insufficient electrical connections in rooms for modern hook up needs, furniture old and needed redo, generally needing a makeover. Lots of confusion in use of exec lounges (too complicated to explain....the options for use but makes one feel very un-executive....we chose to not even look at it. Restaurants seemed overpriced and the food was very ordinary. And yet, because of the extra efforts of a couple of employees, the stay was quite enjoyable. It always comes down to people. Special Kudos to "Rotem" .... a young woman whose caring and very friendly attitude made us overlook other shortcomings and a young man named 'Johnaton"..... at the bell desk.....was also especially accommodating and went out of his way to help. There were others too.....that salvaged the trip for us. We enjoyed the area.....it is very different and very popular with Russians and Europeans for vacations.......one very special restaurant in the area is called "Hamasger 5" (or vice versa), which I reviewed in another writeup.....which really made the whole trip to the area very special. Don't miss that!! Negev Eco tour also enjoyable. The local people, especially the cab drivers.... seem to be very conscientious, honest and really enjoyable to talk with.....always with very enjoyable humor and interesting usages of English......consisting of men and women. Very helpful and accommodating.
The hotel was mediocre, some of its staff were outstanding.....and the area worth visiting.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Roy P
dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. Only through guest reviews such as yours we can find the opportunity to improve our services.
Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and we are delighted to learn that the service provided by our staff made your stay both enjoyable and comfortable.
I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the service given you by Rotem and Johnatan.
I wish to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us especially regarding to the lounge. I wish you have spoken to me or the lounge manager; we have all kind of guests and deferent ways to enjoy the executive lounge facilities.
I am sorry we couldn’t make a better impression and we hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us. Please contact me at Michal.evron@hilton.com

Yours sincerely