My wife and two kids (ages 9, 12) just spent three nights in a Junior (Mountain view) Suite at the Eilat Queen of Sheba Hilton.
The stay didn't start out great as we arrived at 2:30pm, but our room was not ready until after 5:00pm. However, once we got into the room, the stay was very nice. The suite was a perfect size for our family. There was a master bedroom (king) and a fold out couch (plus an additional single cot/bed) for our two kids. We were on the 12th (top floor) of the hotel and our view across to Jordan was great.
The first day we had our breakfast (included in the rate) at the restaurant on the 12th floor. It was beautiful up there. When we went there for the 2nd day, they said our room only included the regular (ground floor) breakfast), though they let us eat upstairs anyway. I still don't understand who the 12th floor breakfast was for, but I'd recommend that if possible. The food is the same, but it's quite uncrowded upstairs, and there is service more like in the US than Israel. The pool was nice (open until 6:00pm), but we didn't go to the beach near the hotel. We opted instead to go to the Coral Reserve beach for snorkeling. My wife and I lived in Israel in the 1990s, and we love to scuba dive, so we are quite familiar with the Red Sea dive sites. The Coral Reserve beach has added a pier with easy snorkel access to Moses' Rock (not to be missed if you like to snorkel). I'd also recommend going to the aquarium for their underwater view of the life of the Red Sea.
One thing that we didn't do (but have done in the past and I'd recommend) is to park near the border and walk across to Egypt for a dinner at the Taba Hilton. I don't know if the border crossing has gotten more difficult, but it's cool to be able to say you visited Egypt during your stay.
One other thing we found is a place that does laundry. They charged us 53 shekels (about $15) for 7KG (15lbs) of laundry. This was much much cheaper than the hotel rate, and was a big help for us after being in Israel for a week. I believe it was called Royal laundry on Elot Street (the hotel should be able to direct you). There's a good place for Shwarma and Felafel just up the street from the laundry place
All in all, except for the late room availability, we really liked this hotel and stay in Eilat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Eilat, within walking distance to the city center, the Queen of Sheba Eilat hotel boasts a seafront pool, spa and adjoining shopping mall. Designed as an imaginary biblical palace, the building offers a majestic atmosphere and breathtaking views of the Red Sea. Discover fantastic shopping, dining and entertainments opportunities at North Beach Promenade, just minutes from this beachfront hotel. Choose from an array of cuisines and dining opportunities at this Eilat hotel. Enjoy authentic Israeli breakfast buffets and international dinner buffets at Makeda restaurant. Refresh with a poolside snack at Ebony or enjoy an evening meal or appetizers at the Chicago Grill Bar. Unwind with an evening drink in Axum, overlooking the atrium and pool. Sip cocktails or sample light snacks at this late-night Eilat bar. Host a meeting or event in one of the six meeting rooms offering wireless internet access, or celebrate a special occasion in the Canaan Ballroom or poolside area. Discover a fantastic range of water sports at the beach, enjoy a refreshing swim in the seafront pool or rejuvenate in the gym. Relax in the sauna or jacuzzi. Work out in the free access fitness room and enjoy free Wi-Fi access in rooms and hotel aareas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Queen of Sheba Eilat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Eilat Queen Of Sheba Hotel Eilat
- Hilton International Eilat
- Eilat Hilton