“Not worth the extra money for their suite”

Queen of Sheba Eilat
Ranked #25 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Not worth the extra money for their suite”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We saw the new remodeled suite on the website of Hilton, and as a frequent hilton guest, we wanted to enjoy it ourselves.
Our disappointment started,when we were in HH reception, and we were told that if you book Hilton not through their website, you don't accumulate the hilton points, so as a prepaid for the best suite, we didn't have any upgrade,even our bathrobes and slippers came in later, after calling the reception.
The room itself was nice, but no balcony, if they would have a balcony, you would need to add more money for just 40 cm balcony, No view. Come on! Suite without a sea view? Are you for real?
All the idea to visit this hotel was the view, we asked to change the room, and we were told that maybe next day, but the next day it was still fully booked, which means impossible to change the room. The suite has two parts, the living room and the master bed room, which had no windows, only the light from the lamps, so disappointing.

The Hilton Honor manager suggested the even though we had a VIP access for the breakfast to the executive lounge, we would be better off if we take the regular dining room,what a mistake!!
We went there for our first breakfast, we found the service next to nothing, nobody came to clear the plates from our table, and the variety of the food was not extraordinary as expected, but normal, no fresh juice station, the staff complaining for lack of coffee mugs.
So disappointing, if we would compare this Hilton to european ones.
Nest morning, we decided to disregards the recommendation and to go to VIP lounge, it was great! The service was nice, food selection fine, fresh juices,hot chocolate for the kids.
Have we gone here a day before, our feeling towards the place could have been better. The view from the executive lounge was fantastic!
The pool was not heated, the spa is not welcoming, since it is run by external operators, which use not the best of the kind products, but the cheapest, in my opinion.
It wasn't pleasant place to relax.
The kids paradise had 2 male operators, they tried to be nice and give some creation work to do, wasn't impressed so we didn't stay or use their service as babysitters.
So, suite with no view, for exaggerated price, just don't do it. Not worth your money!

Room Tip: Only if there is a discounted price, pick a room with a view with vip access
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ira_Sh
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear guest,

I have received your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba.
First of all I wish to thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on “tripadvisor”.

I was sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectation especially as a Hilton honours member, I wish to sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you commented on in the review and I wish to assure you that we at the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba are sincere in our aim to ensure that our guests receive a high standard of service.
As you say ,not all the suits are with a sea view but yet all the rooms have beautiful view rather to the “lagoon” or to the “Edom mountains” .if you wish for a sea view – all you need to do is order while you make your reservation.
If you wish to discuss these issues with me personally, please contact me at Tel: 972-8-6306655 or e mail me at : Michal.evron@hilton.com

If you are planning on returning to Eilat, I hope you will give us another opportunity, so we can restore your faith in us.
We look forward to see you among our returning guests.

Best Regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Hebrew first
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My wife, daughter and I spent three nights in this hotel, booked on the Hilton name. The hotel is dated in many respects; insufficient electrical connections in rooms for modern hook up needs, furniture old and needed redo, generally needing a makeover. Lots of confusion in use of exec lounges (too complicated to explain....the options for use but makes one feel very un-executive....we chose to not even look at it. Restaurants seemed overpriced and the food was very ordinary. And yet, because of the extra efforts of a couple of employees, the stay was quite enjoyable. It always comes down to people. Special Kudos to "Rotem" .... a young woman whose caring and very friendly attitude made us overlook other shortcomings and a young man named 'Johnaton"..... at the bell desk.....was also especially accommodating and went out of his way to help. There were others too.....that salvaged the trip for us. We enjoyed the area.....it is very different and very popular with Russians and Europeans for vacations.......one very special restaurant in the area is called "Hamasger 5" (or vice versa), which I reviewed in another writeup.....which really made the whole trip to the area very special. Don't miss that!! Negev Eco tour also enjoyable. The local people, especially the cab drivers.... seem to be very conscientious, honest and really enjoyable to talk with.....always with very enjoyable humor and interesting usages of English......consisting of men and women. Very helpful and accommodating.
The hotel was mediocre, some of its staff were outstanding.....and the area worth visiting.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Roy P
dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. Only through guest reviews such as yours we can find the opportunity to improve our services.
Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and we are delighted to learn that the service provided by our staff made your stay both enjoyable and comfortable.
I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the service given you by Rotem and Johnatan.
I wish to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us especially regarding to the lounge. I wish you have spoken to me or the lounge manager; we have all kind of guests and deferent ways to enjoy the executive lounge facilities.
I am sorry we couldn’t make a better impression and we hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us. Please contact me at Michal.evron@hilton.com

Yours sincerely
Guest relations manager
Mahwah, New Jersey
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Israel is not known for its hotels. However, this was a very nice place to stay. When we got there the receptionist offered us an upgrade to our room. We decided the money was worth it since it was our last stay before going home. I'm glad we did it. She gave us a corner one bedroom suite which overlooked the pool and the boardwalk. It was a beautiful sight at night and a comfortable, spacious room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Sheryl,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your positive experience from the Hilton Eilat queen of Sheba hotel on tripadvisor!
I am glad to reed you enjoyed our big corner room, it is for Shure one of the most beautiful room and in a very reasonable price.
When you return to israel I welcome you to enjoy and relax at your “home away from home “Hilton Eilat queen of Sheba.
Again thank you,
Guest Relations manager
Kfar Saba, Israel
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Big beautiful hotel with many elevators, which make it quickly to get an elevator...we stay at the hotel foe 4 dats and never wait mir that 15 sec for elevator. We took half board- breakfast and dinner. the food is very tastey, fresh and the staff take care that the tables will be full all the time (even 10 minutes before closure). the room were a bit smaller than what I'm use to have at those hotel level, but they keep them clean and well aqquipt

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on tripadvisor.
Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. \

I was delighted to hear about your satisfaction from our truly beautiful elevators, service, our rich dining room and the clean room.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat queen of Sheba. Please do not hesitate contact me before your next arrival.
Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

Guest relation manager
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 days. (June 2013)

Location - comfortable, in the centre of the promenade, not far away from the beach. The are many diffenrent shops and bars in the area. Which is cool, especially fot whose who don't have a car.

Food - THE BEST we've ever eaten! Incredibly delicious.

Room - we receieved a room without a balcony with dirty windows.... When we came to the front desk to change the room, they told us the was no free room at the hotel.... ((( So we remained in our room.... THE WAS NO PLACE for our swimming suits to dry on!!!! AWFUL for the 5 stars hotel..... I asked to clean my window because it was very dirty, I couldn't see the vew... They didn't do it properly.......

Service - staff is not very polite, I'm not talking about smiling..... That was a rare thing there at all....

Parking - comfortable, free of charge.

Swimming pool - gorgeous, spacious, with lots of deck chairs.

Beach - the hotel doesn't have its own part of the beach,...... so you need to go the the Dan's area and buy their deck chairs..... One more time, is it a 5star hotel????

Impression - we'll never return to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alono4ka
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba for your vacation.

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.
It seems that you enjoyed the location, the food and the pool.
I welcome you to contact me personally just to understand way you steel think not to return to our hotel

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments looking forward to hear from you.
Guest relation manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Queen of Sheba in October. Don't get me wrong the actual hotel and lobby is gorgeous. When you walk in you immediately think wow. Smells lovely and spotlessly clean.
The pool area is nice but the sun beds are so uncomfortable! They are hard therefore almost impossible to relax. Normally in a 5 star hotel they would have lovely sun beds with nice padded cushions and a little pillow for your head.
The pool bar is the worst I have ever seen in a 5 star hotel. The only food they serve is full of grease. Chips, chicken nuggets and burgers etc. It's a bit like McDonald's but worse. It makes McDonald's look amazing. Forget about lovely salads and sandwiches. And also you can eat the food on the filthy tables with the stray cats jumping on them all the time!
And what happened to waiters serving you drinks by the pool? Also not very 5 star! You have to go and get it.
The breakfast buffet is not very good. Food is average and no waiters going round serving you coffee and fresh orange juice as you would expect from a 5 star Hilton hotel. You have to go and get them yourself and you can forget orange juice it's only orange squash! Would recommend the Israeli breakfast across the road in the cafe at The Boulevard. It's amazing and puts the hotel breakfast to shame.
The room service food is good.
The rooms are nice and comfortable but in need of updating.
Most of the staff are quite helpful and if you need something they are fairly quick in bringing it to your room.
Overall a nice stay although the hotel could do with some improvements especially when it comes to service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sara C
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding your stay at our Hotel. Most of our guest fined our new bad at the pool very nice I am Shure that it will be a good idea to have some pedant for guest as you.

Your comments have been transferred to the relevant department, and I have to add that all of those inconveniences you had to face with are not a part of our standard of service in our hotel.

We happy to inform you that we have a renovation program which includes 2 floors that already open and in the winter we start one more floor ,I hope that in your future visit you will be able to enjoy a renovated room.
Please contact me personally on your next visit at:Michal.Evron@hilton.com
Guest Relations manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Queen Of Sheba, Eilat ,earlier this month.
It is a pleasant, comfortable hotel. The food was excellent.
I needed help finding a quiet room and then assistance,as my work laptop crashed.
The Customer relations team were very helpful and efficient and quickly found solutions to assist me. We had a very pleasant stay there.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Michael s ,
Thank you for your positive review of Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba Hotel.
Your observations and opinions are highly appreciated. It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression of our accommodations and our Customer relations team .i can assure you that Guest satisfaction is our primary concern.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments and we look forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba Hotel.

Kind regards,