“Excellent service”

Queen of Sheba Eilat
Ranked #25 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed August 19, 2013

A wonderfull hotel with excellent service. All the staff were very polite and helpfull. The rooms were very good, clean and well maintained. The public areas including the dining room are very large and spacious.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear guest

Thank you for your positive comments on tripadvisor.
Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. \

I was delighted to hear about your satisfaction from our rooms, service and from our rich dining room.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.
I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat queen of Sheba

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I am reading the reviews and couldn't be more perplexed! Which hotel have you guys stayed in?

We feel as if we were robed in day light.

When one books the Hilton brand, this comes with certain price tag attached to certain expectations level.

Poor level of room decor, below expected room cleaningness (what a filthy carpet!) Food was good, service average.

We were really disappointed. Not for couples definitely. Suitable for families but we believe the price tag was too high.

Room Tip: Stay here if you are coming with kids/family. Not for couples/romantic break - just book somewhere e...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MichaelandBeth

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback of Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba Hotel. Only through guest reviews such as yours, we can find the opportunity to improve our services.

I was sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologizes regarding your dissatisfaction from the room decor and Cleanliness.
Your comments have been forwarded to the relevant department heads for their attention and immediate care.

I hope that you would give us a chance to change your opinion of our hotel
Please contact me on your next visit so I can be sure to take care of your reservation.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Just back from 5 days and I must say we really enjoyed the hotel and facilities. We had 2 'interconnecting' rooms. The rooms were excellent as I a guessing we were on a recently refurbished floor (Floor 7). The room maids were excellent throughout.
Pool was noisy throughout although we found a quiet spot on the astroturf behind the pool bar.

Only very minor negatives ...
1) The pool bar closes at 17.00, so I was a little annoyed when at 16.53 according to the pool clock, I was refused service by the less than friendly staff there (most of them were OK). The beginnings of an argument were halted by the staff member telling me it was 5pm on her computer screen. Computer says no. Gave up then.
2) Pool tables costs money to play.
3) Car parking was crazy on Sunday. Waited for an hour, 1 in 1 out.

All in all, family loved it and we would stay again.

John.

Room Tip: Get a room on a refurbished floor

Dear guest,

Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and your comments have been forwarded to the relevant department heads, for their immediate attention and care. I also wish to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had at the pool bar and parking, and assure you that it is not a part of the standard of service in our hotel.
Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments and we look forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba Hotel.
Best regards,

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Rooms were totally ok. A bit old fashionned but ok.
We did a check-in around 2pm ( an hour before official check in), only 1 room was ready and we got an sms when the other room was ready (15 mins after).
Hotel has undergone renovation work beginning of 2013, but i think only 2 floors were renovated unfortunately.
Be advised that in the summer, swimming pool and breakfast will be totally crowded by lots of families and kids that will push you to get their food. At that moment, it didn't look anymore like a "Hilton".
Breakfast was really good though, lots of choices and good quality, just missing some real fresh orange juice.
Best location to go out in the centre. (However for some reason direct access to the centre from the hotel swimming pool was closed for a few days and security personnel didn't bother reply to a woman who wanted to know why).

Room Tip: They charge extra for a Sea view, but we had a Lagoon view and it was totally fine. No terrace but n...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear guest,
It is a pleasure to read such a lovely review. Thank you for taking the time to post your views. I am glad to say that new renovated redesigned rooms are addition to the changes we have made the past couple of years - our new dining room and Chicago restaurant.
We look forward to welcome you again. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit.
Sincerely

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just dazzling. Views, rooms, showers, food, service quality all 5 STAR. You won't want to leave. Great experiences for kids and adults alike. You'll love Eilat, and you'll love the Hilton, Queen of Sheba, A LOT.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank DavidHHall

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression of our Team members and service was good and that you felt well taken care of during your stay

I am glad to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable.

We will be more than happy if you decide to become a Hilton Honor Member,
You can contact our property and we will make sure that you receive all the explanations.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba hotel.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.
Guest relations manager

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I contacted the Hotel reservation center a couple of days ago with a request to book a room for 2 nights between 5-7 Sep, When speaking to the rep I specifically mentioned that the reservation is for the Jewish New Year holiday. The rep gave me a quote over the phone and I asked to get back to her in a few moments after consulting with my wife. When I called back I requested to speak with the same rep and we concluded the reservation. She requested all the details including my Credit Card number, the expiry date and in addition she received my e-mail and fax number for the confirmation to be sent to - this did not arrive. Approximately 45 minutes later after I had already made additional arrangements for that period - I received a call from the reservation center telling me that they had made an error and that the minimum stay during that period is for 3 nights. The following day when I called the Hotel General Manager. Mr. Yaacov Asher, he refused to back up his employee error saying that she was a new worker (as if it's not his responsibility to ensure proper training). Furthermore he stated that he refuses to acknowledge the 2 day reservation due to the will to maximize Hotel revenues during this high season and that he is only "sorry". This incident left us only with losses and aggravation. I am not sure that one can expect this type of customer service or understanding from such a prestigious hotel and we will certainly have to consider going there in the future. Watch out.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Roy_N09
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear guest
I was sorry to hear that your request was denied. I am Shure that our general manger tried to help you as much as he could.
I welcome you to contact me in person via: Michal.evron@hilton.com

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hotel is grand enough when you go in and in fact we stayed on the business floor in a suite so I expected something especially nice. But I was disappointed. Our bathroom absolutely stunk of mildew and in general the level of cleanliness was average to poor. To use the gym facilities, the hotel requires extra payment (from people who are spending more than $500 per night to stay there!) as does the business lounge (even though we were in a suite on that floor). I will say that one of the staff members was very helpful (I think she is an American by history) but in general I was met with rudeness and a complete lack of interest when I asked for help with something (for example----I went out to the pool and was told there were no towels and the guy who staffed this was entirely bored when I seemed unhappy with that). The view from my room was outstanding though (Eilat is quite pretty in places) and the breakfast at this hotel is the best breakfast buffet I have seen almost anywhere in Israel. Bottom line: You can do better than this especially if you plan to spend this much money.

Room Tip: Floors higher up will have better views of the sea and may be quieter
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and your comments have been transferred to the Housekeeping department, for their immediate attention and care.
The free entrance to the executive lounge depends on the kind of the specific suite you were staying in so that could be one of the reasons for the fact that you needed to pay .

I was glad to read about your satisfaction from the location of our hotel.

best regards