“GREAT LOCATION BUT PATHETIC STAFF ATTITUDE”

Queen of Sheba Eilat
Ranked #25 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Chennai
“GREAT LOCATION BUT PATHETIC STAFF ATTITUDE”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Hotel Hilton Queen of Sheba stands out as a gem on the coastline of the Red Sea. Excellent location and good infrastructure and facilities. The breakfast buffet spread was simply awesome !
A nice large swimming pool but was so terribly crowded that you could not swim a meter without bumping into somebody. The gym is rather small and timings very very inconvenient.

What is lacking is the attitude of the staff - absolutely no effort to be helpful or go the extra bit to make your stay pleasant. The Reception at Check-in had a "take it or leave it" attitude and were most unwilling to shift us to better rooms. I requested housekeeping for an adaptor and they promised to have it sent in 5 minutes - no show even after an hour despite 4 reminders.

As the say, a samile can make all the difference between an average and a pleasant experience in such Hotels.

Room Tip: Must opt for Sea facing rooms witha direct view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank whirlwindexplorer
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
dear guest
Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback of Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba Hotel. Only through guest reviews such as yours, we can find the opportunity to improve our services.

Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and your comments have been forwarded to the relevant department heads, for their immediate attention and care. I also wish to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had to face, and assure you that it is not a part of the standard of service in our hotel.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments and we look forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba Hotel.

michal.evron@hotmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Hebrew first
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was there for 2 nights ,its my fifth time already and its getting better and better everytime!!!
The pool is fun ,the location is perfect ,the food is truly amazing - and above all that - the service never fails to amaze !
Hilton Sheba is all about luxury , fun , good service and food .

Best vacation I ever had !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations. It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression of our staff and service was good and that you felt well taken care of during your stay.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. \

I was delighted to read that as our returning guest you enjoy your stay time after time.
I was also very happy to read about your satisfaction from Megan service and your very nice comments will be forwarded to Megan.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat.

Kind regards
Michal evron
tel aviv
Reviewed June 24, 2013

it was our favorite hotel but the last 3 years ,every year we had the same problem : check in
a lot of people waitting in front of the desk ,and after an hour of waitting we get a room ! no ! we did the check in , they told us to stay in the lobby or to go to shooping ,the last time we where there was in winter in summer they offered too the swimming pool , and we had to wait for another hour to receive the preciatted little room
the next day we waited for the nice and big breakfast room ! no 'we had to go to the 10 or 12 floor , it was a little restaurant with not a lot of food and wen i asked why? - they told me you dont like to see from here the see short ?i think this hotel is a wonderful hotel , placed closed to restaurants and beach and shopping - but to be a five stars hotel they have to take care for his clients -i forgot we arrived at 4pm and we get the room at 5.30 pm - a little late for check in

Room Tip: junior suites if you have a child or teen ager
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I wish to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us.

I am sorry we couldn’t make a better impression and we hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us. Please contact me at Tel: 972-8-6306666 or via E-Mail Michal.evron@hilton.com

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

We look forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat.

Best regards
Davis
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The Sheba was our favorite hotel for many years. We enjoyed the attention to detail, the quality of the furnishings, and the excellent service (especially in the executive lounge). We have stayed in all classes of rooms--from the "1269 room" on top of the hotel a number of times to regular suites, junior suites, and regular rooms.

Sad to say, but during the last decade we have watched the hotel continually decline--the carpets and furnishings became stained and shabbier. After our experience last year (2012), we have finally decided to make a change this year.

Here's what happened. We arrived about two hours before check-in time and went to the executive lounge to check in. Three and a half hours later we were still waiting for a room. We had specifically requested a room with a balcony and a view of the Red Sea (we paid a surcharge for the sea view). What we got was a room with a balcony barely large enough for one person to stand on and a view that was mainly of the city (we could peek around a column and barely see the sea).

When we complained, we were offered a room just down the floor which was exactly the same. Attempts to relocate to a room with a full sea view proved unsuccessful. Throughout the ordeal, the person in the executive lounge dealing with our situation was particularly unhelpful. We ended up staying in a room that we thought was less than what we paid for.

Unfortunately, during our stay, the room was never cleaned well--the bathroom was particularly wanting.

Nevertheless, I would like to say that the hotel manager did help us with a few other issues that arose and seemed to be doing his best to help even though in the end we left keenly disappointed. This year we are trying the Dan Hotel.

Room Tip: I think the only decent rooms are the ones on the corners of the buildings with the large balconies...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank George R
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. Only through guest reviews such as yours we can find the opportunity to improve our services.
Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and we are delighted to learn that the service provided by our staff made your stay both enjoyable and comfortable.
Your comments have been transferred to the relevant department, and I have to add that all of those inconveniences you had to face with are not a part of our standard of service in our hotel.
I am sorry we couldn’t make a better impression and we hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us. Please contact me at Michal.evron@hilton.com

Yours sincerely
michal evron
guest relations manager
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Hotel queen of Shebba is a fancy hotel located at the north beach strip of Eilat!!!
I went to the hotel to a confrecne that was held in that hotel so regarding the price I paid can't be objective
the hotel area : the hotel sits on the north beach on the main promenade with close proximity to the restaurants and shops and beaches!!!! It's décor kinda resembles Luxor in Vegas though not as good!!! The hotel has it's own mall with access from the main promenade the hotel though doesn't have a beach , so you need to go to the other beaches and pay for chairs and day beds !! if you
Rooms and amenities : the rooms where big and full of "ancient" décor with flat TV coffee maker and inroom safe and views of or the Lagoon or the beach or even the other hotels !!!
The Pool area isn't big but has three pools and lots of chairs and a small dining bar for snacks and beverages
There is a Spa inside the hotel and for almost 15$ you get access to the hot tub and the sauna !!! though the treatments are much more expensive !!!
If I can sum up and say the hotel is good and very warming and I would return!!!
Some tips: 1) ask for even floor rooms they have balconies (though without chairs)
2) ask the your desk for day trip and ticket sale they give you good tips on where to go!!!

Room Tip: 1) ask for even floor rooms they have balconies (though without chairs) 2) Lagoon view rooms are qu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sliderTelaviv
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

I was delighted to hear about your satisfaction from our Rooms and amenities and the comfort you felt during your stay.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat.
Best regards
Michal.evron@hilton.com
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The facilities at his Hilton are quite nice, with most of the rooms having a view of either the gulf of Aquaba or mountains. Even with a good view, this hotel does not have a beach. You must go to another hotel and pay for use of the chairs, etc. The rooms listed with balcony are not ones that you can sit out on as there is only standing room for one person. I would pick another hotel if you are looking for open space to enjoy the beautiful views.
The hotel caters only to families with unruly children. Small kids are in the entry atrium screaming at the tops of their lungs to hear their own echo. The pool and restaurant are over run with small children climbing under your table and yelling and running at the pool. No one on the staff takes any notice. We went to Eliat to relax and enjoy some peace and quiet. I would stay away for this hotel if that is what you want. The breakfast buffet is very good only you cannot enjoy it with all the noise. I was very disappointed with this Hilton and informed the Management several times and was given no satisfaction. If you have children then this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the Western Wing so you do not get the hot afternoon sun. Higher levels will have le...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank flamingo1943
Dear guest

I have received your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba.
First of all I would like to sincerely apologise for the overall service level which you describe as disappointing and I am sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectation.
The Hilton Eilat queen of Sheba is now being renovated in order to provide his guest the best highest standards and the most Qualitative facilities.

I wish to assure you that we at the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba are sincere in our aim to make sure that our guests receive a high standard of service.

If you wish to discuss this issues with me personally, please contact me at Tel: 972-8-6306515 or e mail me at Michal.evron@hilton.com .

If you are planning on returning to Eilat, I hope you will give us another opportunity, so we can restore your faith in us.
We look forward to see you among our returning guests.

Best Regards,

Guest Relations manager.
Munich, Germany
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba hotel is not what it used to be – once a flagship hotel of the Hilton chain in Israel has turned into grossly neglected caravanserai, not deserving Hilton brand. Shabby rooms, bad service, horrible food and lack of any entertainment are below standards of the most basic 3-star hotel and come at the price of luxury hotel. Guests be prepared for dull, lacking any taste, workplace eatery food. Meats are overcooked to oblivion, watery vegetables. Coffee served at breakfast is undrinkable beyond pale. The hotel has no its own beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear guest

The words you chose do describe the hotel are very harsh and I wish to discuss this issues with you personally, please contact me at Tel: 972-8-6306515 or e mail me at Michal.evron@hilton.com .

We look forward to see you among our returning guests.

Best Regards,