“I was expacting more”

Queen of Sheba Eilat
Ranked #25 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton for three nights. Based on my status I received an upgrade to a suite from a regular room. As others have already said here, the furniture, carpet etc. are old and need some urgent replacement. The beds however did have new mattresses (medium - this is still harder as the usual Marriott bedding). The room was more or less clean. Our room was equipped with a motion sensor that turned off the electricity every time we left the room. This means that you might not be able to recharge your cellphone or laptop over night or during the day.

Overall I still cant give more than a "medium" rating as we had no internet in the first night. No cold water in the second night (just very little hot water running), received wrong information regarding food places next to the hotel and wrong information regarding breakfast times.

If you have access to the lounge and breakfast included, I would prefer eating in the lounge as it is not as noisy up there. For those preferring to eat breakfast later - it is served till 10.30 am in the restaurant and 11 am in the lounge (what is missing can be ordered upstairs as usual). They also do have a full bar included in the afternoon. Unfortunately they close at 8pm.

So if you arrive at the hotel as a Gold or Platinum member after 8pm....dont trust the sign that tells you to check in on the 8th floor in the lounge....you have to do it in the Lobby.

Internet is overpriced with 80 NIS per day for ONE device only! However its free for Gold members and up.

Within walking distance from the hotel there are two bigger shopping centers and different "arcades" as well as several small supermarkets. If you get hungry at night and don’t want to order from room service, don’t ask the concierge or anyone else at the hotel. They send us twice to places that were either closed or where the kitchen already closed. If you go out of the main entrance down to the street, than turn right towards the ocean, there is a place right in front of you that is some type of espresso bar or so….I don’t remember the name, but they still prepared us fresh sandwiches, salads and soups. All portions are huge and very reasonable priced (e.g. big “Jerusalem Salad” NIS 27). I don’t know how long they are open, but we ordered there at midnight several times. They also serve beer if you don’t want to have coffee with your midnight snack. Most other places close their kitchen at 11pm (like CafeCafe which is located on the boardwalk to the left of the hotel). On the left you can also find a bar called “Three monkeys”. They also have a late night menue and were still busy by midnight (during December).
The hotel has a small spa that offers a dry sauna, steam room and whirlpool as well as a small gym. Both rooms are located on the “S” level of the hotel (below the lobby level). These amenities are not included in your room rate and must be paid separately at 45 NIS per person/per day. During my stay the dry sauna was out of order. As I refused to pay I did not used the old machines. Free weights are available, but space is very limited and all equipment is really close to each other.

1  Thank Joerg04
Tom S, Guest Relations Office at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. Only through guest reviews such as yours we can find the opportunity to improve our services.

Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and I wish to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us
Your comments have been transferred to the relevant department, and I have to add that all of those inconveniences you had to face with are not a part of our standard of service in our hotel

We happy to inform you that we are about to start a renovation program which includes the rooms very soon and I hope that in your future visit you will be able to enjoy the hotel in general.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba hotel.

Yours sincerely,
Tom Selby

Write a ReviewReviews (1,227)

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We were at the hotel for 4 days in October.
The good things: 1.Excellent location right on the promenade close to restaurants and cafes
2.Breakfast and dinner tasting.
3.Large pool with water splashing sculptures.
The Bad things: 1.Despite the proximity to the sea, there is no coast that operated by the hotel and we had to go to the beaches at the other hotels and pay money on tanning beds.
2.Overload at dining room, not clearing up the Dishes at dinner due to lack of manpower.
3.they must to do Rooms major renovation.
Overall we enjoyed, we got a good price in a sale so it was good

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tom S, Guest Relations Office at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements.

I was delighted to read about your satisfaction from our Hotels location,
Food, and from the pool area at our Hotel.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I had the pleasure of being a guest at the Queen of Sheba after having won a prize from a television show. The prize was a 3 night weekend, full board, at this hotel flights included.
This weekend also was to celebrate a wedding anniversary.
Every thing was first rate: the staff were professional and very Israeli style informal and they were beyond my ability to describe in words.
There was a complaint of sorts when a staff member ignored the "do not disturb" sign on our door and insisted to inspect the room mini-bar exactly when my wife and myself were, kind of, celebrating our anniversary in a very intimate way!
I complained to the management and we kept on receiving all kinds of goodies like trays of chocolates, fruits and soaps, perfumes and one of the biggest floral bouquets I have ever seen!
I was almost pleased that the sign was ignored!
If you can afford it - it is worth every penny!

Room Tip: Get a "no smoking" room!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations. It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression of our Team members and service was good and that you felt well taken care of during your stay.

I was delighted to read about your satisfaction from our Hotel in general,
And the service offered around all of our Hotel .

Reviewed December 25, 2012

The hotel is perefctly located in the center of the city within a walking distance from all the attractions and shopping areas.
The service is kind and efficiant. Any request we had, was immediately taken care of,
in a most friendly way.
There are great facilities, excellent food, and a quite atmosphere assisted by a beautiful decoration.
Highly recommanded.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the sea.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tom S, Guest Relations Office at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

I was delighted to read about your satisfaction from our Hotels location,
Food, and the service offered around all of our Hotel.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

'The ultimate hotel in Eilat', my wife and I spent two night at the Hilton Queen of Sheba, and the total experience was par excellence. After spending nights in many different Hilton locations , it was extremely pleasant o find out this Hilton has the same Hilton service throughout the world. The room was very clean ,updated ,spacious and very comfortable beds. The breakfast is a huge array of every kind of breakfast food you can imagine,and more! Beautiful and well maintained pool with plenty of staff. All the staff in the hotel are pleasant and helpful. I would definitely recommend to anyone going to Eilat, to make Hilton Queen of Sheba their place to stay.

1  Thank Whywhyf
Tom S, Guest Relations Office at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

I was delighted to read about your satisfaction from our Hotel in general,
Food, and the service offered around our Hotel.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Queen of Sheba "Hilton"

The service was excellent. The check was busy but then again it was the weekend and it was to be expected.

The staff where very friendly and very helpful. I also had time to use the Spa facilities including massage and facial. Again the staff in the Spa where excellent on their field.
The Guest relation Manager ( Ms Dalal ) introduced herself and was always at hand to ensure everything was fine and nothing was too much trouble for her.

This was a business trip but felt more like a vacation.
I would definitely stay there again .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jones874
Tom S, Guest Relations Office at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

I was delighted to read about your satisfaction from our Hotel in general, spa facilities And the service offered by Bracha Dalal Guest relations Manager.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Dear all:
I have been traveling for many years around the universe i have been in many hotels all of top rating five stars and above, but the service and just that special touch that was given to me at this Hilton like never before nothing was a problem from the check inn and till the check out they entire staff was their to help and make my stay more comfortable. the service is just great the staff caring very friendly and efficient. I had a great time and plan to return for many more vacations to come, i have bean to many hotels here in Eilat this is the top of the line from all aspects. If you want a great vacation stay at the Hilton.

Room Tip: its the Hilton all rooms are great from regular rooms to the large suites they are just top of the l...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Tom S, Guest Relations Office at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

I was delighted to read about your satisfaction from our Hotel in general,
And the service offered around all of our Hotel .