I stayed at the Hilton for three nights. Based on my status I received an upgrade to a suite from a regular room. As others have already said here, the furniture, carpet etc. are old and need some urgent replacement. The beds however did have new mattresses (medium - this is still harder as the usual Marriott bedding). The room was more or less clean. Our room was equipped with a motion sensor that turned off the electricity every time we left the room. This means that you might not be able to recharge your cellphone or laptop over night or during the day.
Overall I still cant give more than a "medium" rating as we had no internet in the first night. No cold water in the second night (just very little hot water running), received wrong information regarding food places next to the hotel and wrong information regarding breakfast times.
If you have access to the lounge and breakfast included, I would prefer eating in the lounge as it is not as noisy up there. For those preferring to eat breakfast later - it is served till 10.30 am in the restaurant and 11 am in the lounge (what is missing can be ordered upstairs as usual). They also do have a full bar included in the afternoon. Unfortunately they close at 8pm.
So if you arrive at the hotel as a Gold or Platinum member after 8pm....dont trust the sign that tells you to check in on the 8th floor in the lounge....you have to do it in the Lobby.
Internet is overpriced with 80 NIS per day for ONE device only! However its free for Gold members and up.
Within walking distance from the hotel there are two bigger shopping centers and different "arcades" as well as several small supermarkets. If you get hungry at night and don’t want to order from room service, don’t ask the concierge or anyone else at the hotel. They send us twice to places that were either closed or where the kitchen already closed. If you go out of the main entrance down to the street, than turn right towards the ocean, there is a place right in front of you that is some type of espresso bar or so….I don’t remember the name, but they still prepared us fresh sandwiches, salads and soups. All portions are huge and very reasonable priced (e.g. big “Jerusalem Salad” NIS 27). I don’t know how long they are open, but we ordered there at midnight several times. They also serve beer if you don’t want to have coffee with your midnight snack. Most other places close their kitchen at 11pm (like CafeCafe which is located on the boardwalk to the left of the hotel). On the left you can also find a bar called “Three monkeys”. They also have a late night menue and were still busy by midnight (during December).
The hotel has a small spa that offers a dry sauna, steam room and whirlpool as well as a small gym. Both rooms are located on the “S” level of the hotel (below the lobby level). These amenities are not included in your room rate and must be paid separately at 45 NIS per person/per day. During my stay the dry sauna was out of order. As I refused to pay I did not used the old machines. Free weights are available, but space is very limited and all equipment is really close to each other.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Eilat, within walking distance to the city center, the Queen of Sheba Eilat hotel boasts a seafront pool, spa and adjoining shopping mall. Designed as an imaginary biblical palace, the building offers a majestic atmosphere and breathtaking views of the Red Sea. Discover fantastic shopping, dining and entertainments opportunities at North Beach Promenade, just minutes from this beachfront hotel. Choose from an array of cuisines and dining opportunities at this Eilat hotel. Enjoy authentic Israeli breakfast buffets and international dinner buffets at Makeda restaurant. Refresh with a poolside snack at Ebony or enjoy an evening meal or appetizers at the Chicago Grill Bar. Unwind with an evening drink in Axum, overlooking the atrium and pool. Sip cocktails or sample light snacks at this late-night Eilat bar. Host a meeting or event in one of the six meeting rooms offering wireless internet access, or celebrate a special occasion in the Canaan Ballroom or poolside area. Discover a fantastic range of water sports at the beach, enjoy a refreshing swim in the seafront pool or rejuvenate in the gym. Relax in the sauna or jacuzzi. Work out in the free access fitness room and enjoy free Wi-Fi access in rooms and hotel aareas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Queen of Sheba Eilat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Eilat Queen Of Sheba Hotel Eilat
- Hilton International Eilat
- Eilat Hilton