First of all, let me begin by saying this is a good hotel and I had a lovely experience.
The good: The beds were large and extremely comfortable: I slept like a baby. The room was clean and spacious. I was lucky enough to get a sea view with a balcony, so that was great as well; I understand not all the rooms have a view. The buffet breakfast and dinner were outstanding. I tell you, Israel has the best breakfasts in the world ;-)
The less good:
- I have the feeling the hotel plumbing is a little old. Just pressing the button to flush the toilets didn't work You had to "pump" the button by pressing several times, fast, and only then did the toilets flush. This was the case in our room, and in several of the public toilets in the hotel. When I asked my colleagues about this, they confirmed that this happened in their toilets as well. The bathroom shower also had water pressure issues. In a five star hotel, this sort of thing should be fixed.
- Charging 80 NIS for WiFi per computer-in-room per day??? Seriously? Aren't we in the free WiFi era yet? Visitors: buy a local SIM card for your phones if you can!
- There was something leaking in the pool. It gasped and guzzled all night, making quite a bit of noise. Luckily the windows were reasonably soundproofed.
All in all I had a very pleasant experience at the hotel and don't get me wrong, I'd visit here again. However, these things are worth mentioning; they can really detract from the overall hotel experience. From a 5-star hotel, you expect the little things as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Eilat, within walking distance to the city center, the Queen of Sheba Eilat hotel boasts a seafront pool, spa and adjoining shopping mall. Designed as an imaginary biblical palace, the building offers a majestic atmosphere and breathtaking views of the Red Sea. Discover fantastic shopping, dining and entertainments opportunities at North Beach Promenade, just minutes from this beachfront hotel. Choose from an array of cuisines and dining opportunities at this Eilat hotel. Enjoy authentic Israeli breakfast buffets and international dinner buffets at Makeda restaurant. Refresh with a poolside snack at Ebony or enjoy an evening meal or appetizers at the Chicago Grill Bar. Unwind with an evening drink in Axum, overlooking the atrium and pool. Sip cocktails or sample light snacks at this late-night Eilat bar. Host a meeting or event in one of the six meeting rooms offering wireless internet access, or celebrate a special occasion in the Canaan Ballroom or poolside area. Discover a fantastic range of water sports at the beach, enjoy a refreshing swim in the seafront pool or rejuvenate in the gym. Relax in the sauna or jacuzzi. Work out in the free access fitness room and enjoy free Wi-Fi access in rooms and hotel aareas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Queen of Sheba Eilat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Eilat Queen Of Sheba Hotel Eilat
- Hilton International Eilat
- Eilat Hilton