“Very good, not perfect.”

Queen of Sheba Eilat
Ranked #25 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Very good, not perfect.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

First of all, let me begin by saying this is a good hotel and I had a lovely experience.

The good: The beds were large and extremely comfortable: I slept like a baby. The room was clean and spacious. I was lucky enough to get a sea view with a balcony, so that was great as well; I understand not all the rooms have a view. The buffet breakfast and dinner were outstanding. I tell you, Israel has the best breakfasts in the world ;-)

The less good:
- I have the feeling the hotel plumbing is a little old. Just pressing the button to flush the toilets didn't work You had to "pump" the button by pressing several times, fast, and only then did the toilets flush. This was the case in our room, and in several of the public toilets in the hotel. When I asked my colleagues about this, they confirmed that this happened in their toilets as well. The bathroom shower also had water pressure issues. In a five star hotel, this sort of thing should be fixed.
- Charging 80 NIS for WiFi per computer-in-room per day??? Seriously? Aren't we in the free WiFi era yet? Visitors: buy a local SIM card for your phones if you can!
- There was something leaking in the pool. It gasped and guzzled all night, making quite a bit of noise. Luckily the windows were reasonably soundproofed.

All in all I had a very pleasant experience at the hotel and don't get me wrong, I'd visit here again. However, these things are worth mentioning; they can really detract from the overall hotel experience. From a 5-star hotel, you expect the little things as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sandra_Amram, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for filling out a review on TripAdvisor.

Thank you again for your kind words regarding the room comfortable large bed, balcony as well as the' outstanding’ breakfast & dinner buffet, and your overall stay at the hotel.
Your observations and opinions regarding the old ‘pump’and the Wifi charging issues are highly appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.
We are happy to inform you that we are about to start a renovation program which includes the rooms very soon, and a free Wifi service is in process all over the public areas. I hope that in your future visit to the hotel you will be able to enjoy it.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments, the small things are making the different.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We were having the suite. Prime location sea view, very large beautiful room with huge balcony. The service was excellent so w can enjoy one of our great trips.

The location is also one of the best things.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for filling out a review on TripAdvisor.

I wish to thank you for your pleasant compliments about our hotel.

Our aim is to make our guests’ stay enjoyable and your review is proof of this. I thank you for taking the time to put in words your overall experience.

It was also very nice to read how satisfied you were with our hotel’s luxurious room, especially from the warm hospitality our staff provided you throughout your stay.

I am pleased to inform you about The Hilton Standard in all aspects, we constantly train and develop the hotel team skills and knowledge in hospitality.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family again to our hotel.

Best Regards
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Pro-
Location (Close to the Airport, to the beach, to most tourist places of entertainment in the city).
Food - Rich and varied (well experienced breakfast and dinner)
Reasonable prices at the bar
Service providers such as waiters, security and cleaning staff were efficient and Collaborated.
Cons-
Attitude and of some receptionists, Lack of knowledge and professionalism
Smell in the bathroom.
The furniture requires renovation
No private beach, sitting on a beach associated with neighboring hotels are required to pay more for the chair or a parasol

Room Tip: - Only some rooms have balcony - Some of the rooms have view to the front (Sea & swiming pool...
1 Thank Arik_H
Sandra_Amram, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for filling out a review on TripAdvisor.

Thank you again for your kind words regarding the hotel staff service and your overall stay at the hotel. Your review was forwarded to the hotel managers.
Your observations and opinions regarding the attitude and professionalism are highly appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.
We are happy to inform you that we are about to start a renovation program which includes the rooms very soon, and I hope that in your future visit you will be able to enjoy the hotel in general.
Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We were really disappointed in the quality of accommodation -- far from the expected Hilton standard. While the bed and linens were clean and adequately comfortable, the balance of the room furnishings were badly worn including dirty carpet and a broken door handle. Fortunately, we stayed only overnight en route from a fantastic visit to Jordan (exceptional experience at the Kempinski in Aqaba and a fun time at Rock Camp outside Petra) to Tel Aviv the following morning. On the upside, service was professional and the front desk graciously provided an adapter to charge our electronics and offered a boxed breakfast due to the restaurant being closed during our departure time (reserve this at check-in). The hotel is a five minute ride to the Eilat airport and taxis are readily available.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Reddogadventure
Sandra_Amram, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review although we were sorry to read of your disappointment regarding the quality of accommodation in our hotel.

All your notes have been taken in account and will be handled by our teams.

We happy to inform you that we are about to start a renovation program which includes the rooms very soon and I hope that in your future visit you will be able to enjoy the hotel in general.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments as well as the professional and graciously service from the front desk stuff

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat queen of Sheba hotel.

Rehovot, Israel
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Just before leaving the hotel we found the FIRST no-smoking sign (near the SPA). It is a shame and an absolute disappointment that the hotel is not following the Israeli low and put no-smoking sign in public areas and especially the pool. It was frustrating to keep asking people to smoke somewhere else and I wouldn`t recommend anyone with children to go to this hotel unless he`s a pro-passive smoking.

My wife and little baby boy stayed for two week-nights in a beach-view room with balcony (6th floor, only even floors have balconies).
Room was not that clean upon arrival but on the other hand it was prepared for the baby.
Décor is old fashioned (what`s with the wall-to-wall carpets? we`re in 2012!).

Hope this assists.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review although we were sorry to read of your disappointment regarding to not enough sings of ‘ no smoking in the public areas of the hotel, the cleanliness of the room and the old fashion carpets.

All your notes have been taken in account and will be handled immediately.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I recently stayed for the weekend at the excellent Queen of Sheba Hilton Hotel in Eilat. I was only there for short time for business but my experience there was excellent. The room was luxurious and spotlessly clean, the facilities and spa faultless and the dining especially good. The hotel staff made me feel very welcome from the moment I checked in and I would not hesitate to return there again but this time with my family for a longer stay.

Room Tip: I would recommend to ask room with balcony
1 Thank Avishay C
Sandra_Amram, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear guest,

I wish to thank you for your pleasant compliments about our hotel.

It was also very nice to read how satisfied you were with our hotel’s luxurious room, the Spa facilities and the dinner, especially from the warm hospitality our staff provided you throughout your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family again to our hotel.

Best regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I would just like to tell everyone about our two week stay at the wonderful Hilton Queen of Sheba Hotel in Eilat. The hotel staff were wonderful, the room delightful with beautiful views and the food in the restaurants 5 Star. The attention to detail was second to none and we would highly recommend this fabulous hotel, and resort, to anybody who is looking for a little bit of paradise.

Room Tip: It appears that all the rooms at the Hilton Queen of Sheba were as excellent as ours, according to t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sandra_Amram, General Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Mrs, Jacqueline

Thank you for your kind comments on this website.

I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic two weeks and that you found the hotel and your stay memorable and enjoyable. It is a great pleasure to receive such a positive feedback.

We highly appreciate you taking the time shearing with us your experience. We are happy that you find the hotel staff professional with high level of services and attention to details .

The hotel staffs and I, look forward to see you amongst our returning guest in the near future.

Your sincerely ,