We stayed at Queen of Sheba for 10 nigths with half-board in April.
Its location is good, next to the turistic center of Eilat.
The beach is 5-10 minutes on the left of the hotel. The beach has many pebbles, so buy some special surfing shoes in order to get in the water.
Although we had a good time here, in Eilat, I don't think that the hotel and all Eilat are worth the high prices which they charge. I have seen much better Hilton resorts world wide at lower costs, and Egypt, offers better services at much lower prices, and its just a few km away.
The furniture and all the hotel is old, and not so clean. Services provided were also of poor quality for a 5 stars hotel and for a Hilton hotel. We washed the room windows ourselves in order to be able to see through them (it had children fingerprints on it, from the guests before us, and dirt). We were missing a chair and one of the paintings inside the room (we had an empty nail in the wall), and we notified the front desk 3 times, and they did nothing in 10 days. Each afternoon they walk us up at 15:00 to advertise about Chicago restaurant, although we specifically asked to no longer be disturbed.
The restaurant was always crowded, with a long waiting line. Employees at the restaurant were rude-- never smiling and almost always looking disturbed when you asked for something, or when they greated you at the end of the long line. A lot of children inside the hotel and at the restaurant (left unsupervised by their parents), and they placed their fingers in the buffet food and spilt things all around. Food was ok, not spectacular, but enough and with plenty of choice. The restaurant was too noisy, because of all the children and the infants. In warmer weather, try to dine outside, as it is more quiet, and nicer, next to the pool.
One night dinner moved at Chicago grill bar, which was a lovely experience, with great atmosphere and fantastic food.
The room was big, and the seaview is really worthy. You can see the ships pass by, the bridge next to the hotel, and in good weather days, you can see both the Egyptian and the Iordanian shores. The reception and the elevators are also nice.
The internet at the hotel was too expensive, and we found a cheaper alternative by buying an Orange pre-paid phone card, with a 4 GB internet extra package. No free WiFi, not even at front desk.
Things to see: the underwater Observatory was really nice. A Petra( Jordan) day-trip is a must, although it is expensive, it is worth every penny. We arrived by car from Tel Aviv, and the desert road is amazing. It looks like the Great Canion in America, with fantastic scenery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Eilat, within walking distance to the city center, the Queen of Sheba Eilat hotel boasts a seafront pool, spa and adjoining shopping mall. Designed as an imaginary biblical palace, the building offers a majestic atmosphere and breathtaking views of the Red Sea. Discover fantastic shopping, dining and entertainments opportunities at North Beach Promenade, just minutes from this beachfront hotel. Choose from an array of cuisines and dining opportunities at this Eilat hotel. Enjoy authentic Israeli breakfast buffets and international dinner buffets at Makeda restaurant. Refresh with a poolside snack at Ebony or enjoy an evening meal or appetizers at the Chicago Grill Bar. Unwind with an evening drink in Axum, overlooking the atrium and pool. Sip cocktails or sample light snacks at this late-night Eilat bar. Host a meeting or event in one of the six meeting rooms offering wireless internet access, or celebrate a special occasion in the Canaan Ballroom or poolside area. Discover a fantastic range of water sports at the beach, enjoy a refreshing swim in the seafront pool or rejuvenate in the gym. Relax in the sauna or jacuzzi. Work out in the free access fitness room and enjoy free Wi-Fi access in rooms and hotel aareas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Queen of Sheba Eilat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Eilat Queen Of Sheba Hotel Eilat
- Hilton International Eilat
- Eilat Hilton