“Great hotel, great food, great service!”

Queen of Sheba Eilat
Ranked #27 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I was at the Hilton Eilat last month and had a great time! I had a big room facing the ocean with a comfortable bed. The restaurants at the hotel are excellent. The breakfast buffet had many options to choose from and everything was very high quality. The Chicago restaurant had one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. All of the staff was friendly and helpful whenever I needed them. All in all a great hotel and a great vacation.

1  Thank Belgianqueen
Sandra_Amram, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on this website.

I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay and found the staff 'make' the hotel and your stay memorable and enjoyable, it is such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

I truly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance in the future.

Guest relation manager
Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba

Write a ReviewReviews (1,242)

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I read the reviews on Tripadvisor before booking, so I was warned. The outside of the hotel gave me some hope that the hotel will not be as bad as the other reviews on Tripadvisor report. However, upon entering the best available junior suite, I realized that I hadn't set my expections low enough.

We changed rooms several times, trying to find a better one. All with the same issues. Tacky. Dark. Poor condition. Toilets which don't flush. Rooms which hadn't been cleaned properly. I set my bag on the table and it stuck with some sort of sticky residue from someone who previously used the room.

The average flea market would have more attractive furniture. Whoever laid the tile was careless and left grout all over. There were smears of paint on the walls and door frames from careless painting. Walls were dirty and marked from the previous guests. The carpets in the hallways are worn and discolored. Ceilings are low and make everything seem small and dark. Toilets didn't flush! Bathtubs were too narrow to stand comfortably under the shower. There is clearly something going on electrically too. When you plug something in, sparks fly.

Staff in general was uninterested in their jobs. They begrudgingly gave as little service as possible. And it seemed most of them had no manager or supervision. Housekeeping was especially poor. Sticky counters from previous guests, used tea bags left on the counter, one pillow on the King sized bed one day. 3 pillows the next day but no pillow cases.

There are lots of things which add to confusion as a guest. Things are not well marked. How do you retrieve you voice messages or to lock the safe? Need to call reception for instructions. Want to leave the hotel for the waterfront or "shopping mall" ? Or get back in again? This isn't clear how to do that. There is a buzzer at one glass door which says "guest call" . So you press call so they can open the door, but no one answers. Press as many times as you like. No one is going to answer, and you have to walk all they way around to the check in again. As you encounter one thing after the other, the frustration mounts. And after 20 levels of frustration, it becomes a comedy of errors. Things don't work and you begin to tell yourself "Oh course they don't". One can only laugh.

We complained to the hotel. Management gave us a free dinner to their buffet restaurant to try to compensate for our dissatisfaction. It only compounded our impression that this hotel is a sinking ship. The food was unappealing. Servers were making faces at us, annoyed we wanted some water or a fork. They cleared our drinks when we were getting dessert at the buffet.

There is a desk with a restaurant "Gate Keeper" asking for room numbers. On our second day she yelled at us that we were early for breakfast. On the 3rd day, we were advised our room didn't have breakfast included. Nothing can be resolved or remembered without the front desk getting involved. So I had to go back to the reception each day to get the problems solved. It felt like jail and I was a prisoner. Subject to rudeness and changing rules at the whim of the uninformed.

This was truly the worst hotel experience of my life, both in terms of the rooms and the service. Hilton should be ashamed for letting them use their name.

The hotel is full of children running wild. At 11:00 at night in the lobby, I counted 24 children running, crawling, squealing and crying in the lobby bar. There were more in the bar outside. It was like a kindergarten. So if you are looking for someplace quiet or relaxing, this hotel is not the place. Children running in the hall ways. Its like a school with no teachers.

Bright spots? I can think of only one. Avi the Concierge was very helpful in travel assistance. He seemed to be the only employee in the hotel who knew his job and who was interested in the guests.

Room Tip: Want a good room? - Choose a different hotel.
3  Thank Di D
Sandra_Amram, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review although we were sorry to read of your disappointment of our hotel.

All your notes have been taken in account and will be handled immediately.

Our rooms renovation project will include new furniture and bathrooms and will begin in the near future.

I apologize for all the inconveniences but am glad that following our correspondence we were able to agree with you on a resolution.

We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton and hope to host you again.

Yours sincerely,
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed at the Queen of Sheba and were disappointed. The check-in was slow, we had to wait over 1+ hours for our room, outdoor umbrellas were blowing around on the deck, the pool did not have enough chairs, and the check-in person spoke very poor English. This was the VIP check-in area. Once we got to the "suite" our disappointment continued. The room was very tired. No balcony. No ventilation in the bathroom. Hard to find a plug in with a mirror in order to blow-dry our hair, and poor lighting for make-up. There was a refrigerator, but not a thing was in it. The room was very noisy and bright during the night. We notified the front desk about problems, but no measure was taken to fix anything. The VIP breakfast did not start until late, so we could not enjoy that.

Paper notices were put under our door about something, but they were only written in Hebrew - no other language. Come to find out, it was information about breakfast times.

Lastly, we discovered after departure that the check-in person had not returned our identification. We had to return to the hotel and hunt it down. Why they did not return it to our room is a mystery. Very, very poor service, all in all.

This hotel was not worth the money, and we would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Living_Overseas
Sandra_Amram, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comment, as these are constructive criticism that enables us to check ourselves and improve the level of service expected by our guest.

I wish to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us.

Should you wish to discuss this issue with me personally, please contact me at Tel: 972-8-6306726.

If you are planning on returning to Eilat, I hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us.

Yours sincerely,
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

I went to this hotel for my honeymoon and really lived it. The location was great.. The room was stunning and the breakfast was amazing... They could have Maybe improve on service but overall it was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Sharronvogel
Sandra_Amram, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Congratulations for your wedding.

I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay and found your stay memorable and enjoyable, it is such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Eilat very soon or on your first anniversary.

Guest relation manager

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Pros: Good location. Attentive service from the reception staff. Lots of food at breakfast.
Cons: Sleeping area was like a tomb. Housekeeping hit and miss. Hotel showed signs of age.

Suggestion: There are newer hotels within a few blocks..also facing the beach. Try one.

Ratings:
- Overall: 2
- Reception: 4
- Junior Suite: 2
- Breakfast: 3 ( lots of food...mediocre quality )
- Shops: 2
- Housekeeping: 3
- Synagogue: 5 ( worth a peak even if you’re not Jewish )
- Atmosphere: 3 ( “5” if you’re a kid...less if you’re an adult )

My wife and I...along with our traveling party of 4 other couples...stayed at the Hilton in Eilat for 3 nights while seeing the sights of Israel.  The hotel is located at the western end of a strip of similarly large buildings along the north shore of the Red Sea.  Essentially, the area looks like a mini Las Vegas in the Negev desert.

Environment:  During our visit in early May, the hotel had tons of singles in their teens and 20s...and young families in their 20s and 30s.  It seemed like spring break.  Maybe that explained the furniture (see below).

Room:  This is what reminded us of a glorified Motel 6.  Positives...Each couple in our group had a junior suite with bedroom and separate sitting area.  TVs in each section were nice flat screens.  Air conditioning was effective.  Mattress was semi firm and easy to sleep.  Small kitchenette offered a way to eat minor meals.

Negatives...No outside window in the bedroom!  It was a nice looking tomb.  The only "window" was between the bedroom and sitting area!  Furnishings were heavily chipped, marked and scuffed as if losers in a barroom brawl.  Carpet needed a scrubbing.  Closets were mostly unusable.  in the bedroom, the right side was blocked by a table and the left occupied by a chest of drawers.  Closet in the sitting area was only 50 percent available due to another chest of drawers.  There was only one small waste basket to serve the entire unit.  Bathroom tub was so narrow and curved it was hard to take a shower without holding a fixture or standing sideways.

Reception Area:   Good, friendly service.  The young front desk staff was often besieged, but still polite and helpful. Half of the 8 elevators are glass enclosed and face the atrium sitting area which allows for a nice view of the pool, boardwalk and Red Sea.  That atrium was a nice refuge with places to sit and read.

Dining:  We had breakfast in their "buffet dining hall" each of the 3 days.  Food was plentiful and varied.  However, after sampling the breakfast buffet at the David Intercontinental in Tel Aviv and Inbal in Jerusalem, the one at the Hilton resembled the offering of a mid priced chain restaurant ( which is what the hotel actually is...so I should not have been surprised ). Serviceable, but nothing special.

Housekeeping:  The first day, they did an okay job, but did not vacuum the carpets.  If there's one thing a drab and dingy room needs...it's a daily vacuuming.  At 11 AM, I called Customer Service to remedy the situation and bring a few extra towels.  They arrived within minutes and brought robes for each of us as an expression of goodwill.  However, a different number and size of towels were delivered each day and the housekeeping staff did not speak English.

Other:  There's a beautiful synagogue on the 2nd floor near the elevators.  Open the door and take a peak.

Normally, I'd give this place 3 stars.  Nothing special, but nothing scary either.  But I must subtract 1 star for disappointment.  When your visit to part of the world is likely to be once in a lifetime, you want the very best experience.  The Hilton Queen Of Sheba fell short.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Red Sea.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank wisemoney
Sandra_Amram, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I have forwarded your comments to the departments involved, especially regarding the condition of the room and we will take this feedback in to account in future refurbishments.

I am glad that you enjoyed our location and the front desk staff service.

We are undergoing constant changes to improve the guest experience and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Thank you for staying with us at Hilton Eilat.

Kind regards,

Sandra Nahoum
Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

the hotel is very nice, but there is few problems.
1.you need to stop overcherge for sea view,i paid alot of money to sleep at hilton and i dont think that i need to add 180 shekl per person to sea view.
2.please do not let people that not staying at the hotel to use the pool, i tried to find place to sit for about 15 min.and all over the pool people drink vodka and arak. It was disgusting and invaild!
but the room wae very good and the breakfast was good.
not sure ill revisit there.

2  Thank elad___le
Sandra_Amram, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response after your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that you have had a positive visit to this hotel.

The hotel has several levels of rooms. Every level above a regular room has a different rate as well as a sea view.

I wish to apologize for the incidents you encountered during your stay at our pool. Unfortunately we do have occasionally guests who miss-behave at the pool and our security team is trained how to deal with the situation and treat the guest with respect.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards
Sandra Nahoum
Guest Relations manager

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I just stayed in the Eilat Queen of Sheba hotel, and i totally loved the hotel. The staff are very friendly and certainly know what the word service means. The rooms are very generous in size, the mattress was nice and firm which i prefer, and the towels were soooooooooo soft. A/c worked very well and the food was good. For breakfast there is an espresso coffee service, so a double with great coffee is an excellent way to start, A short order cook on the left on entry made 2 perfect fried eggs. The choice of salads pastries and cheeses was amazing. ( but i did bump my forehead on the glass display of the refrigerated cold foods ...so beware). One night i went to the Chicago steak house for dinner. A culinary WOW...Veal carpaccio for starters, followed by a filet of steak cooked perfectly rare as i wanted it, Excellent, and the creme brulee for dessert was sublime. The pool is a great size, although i would prefer them to stay open till dusk...but hey, no place is perfect, i would return there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank EmmettGingi
Sandra_Amram, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations. It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression of our staff and service was good and that you felt well taken care of during your stay.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat.

Kind regards