“Paradise in Eilat”

Queen of Sheba Eilat
Ranked #24 of 63 Hotels in Eilat
“Paradise in Eilat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2011

Whatever pre conceived ideas you have about hotels in israel or service in israel forget them. I have stayed in many hotels in Israel and have been subjected to many of the preconceived prejudices and have found them to at least partially justified.. That is until I stayed at this hotel. From the moment of arrival to the minute of our departure I can only say AMAZING. well done everything was top notch from the service fo the rooms to the food. We normally stay at the King Solomon Hotel in Eilat ... Well no more. If you want a stay without hassle and without the normal arguments that are needed to get what you want stay in the Queen of Sheeba Hilton Hotel. My only little quibble is Please Just get free Wifi.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Docmm
Sandra_Amram, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
31 May 2011

Dear Docmm,

I am glad to read that your stay with us was enjoyable and the service of the staff was satisfactory.

We appreciate your advice regarding the payment for access to internet witch is a private company and been forwarded to the relevant department heads for their attention.

I will be happy to recommend you our business package that include free internet access in the executive lounge and more other extra benefits.

All the best,

Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

Stayed there 3 nights, checked in around mid-day.
Room is nice and comfortable, size is bigger, American standard, a big plus.
Hotel's pool is packed with guests, you can also walk to the beach where Hilton has a reserved area for guests, you can even get towels from the beach.
Breakfast and dinner buffet were great! Dinner has so many quality dishes and other choices.
Downside is you have to pay for wifi, not even in the lobby or business centre. You possibly use free wifi on the beach (lots of business nowadays provides free wifi), or go to Irish Bar which is 10mins walk, bar food was great and lots of beers, plus a full bar of wifi for free!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank QiaoQiaoLondon
Sandra_Amram, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, May 11, 2011
April 20, 2010

Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable.

We will be more than happy if you decide to become a Hilton Honor Member.

You can contact our property and we will make sure that you receive all the explanations.

Best regards,

Guest relation manager
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

We booked a short break for 2 nights at the Hilton Eilat. The longer we were there the more irritated we got. The first day was reasonable, just poolservice was week and the upper poolsite was not cleen probably because there were not so many visitors. Then the second day was a disaster. It started with the breakfest. The Hotel did some cleanup in the regular breakfest room so we had to go down to the basement. There in some corridor, probably the way to the cars, we had to get something to eat. A freezy cold strong wind was blowing your food from the dish, people were just walking up and down with half empty plates since you could not find anything and there was no place for the amount of people. Then you had to go with your plate to some conference room or so. It was packed with tables, there were no windows, no place to move packed packed like sardines in a can, no air to breath and no sevice at all. I asked the waitress for hot water for some thee. It took ages before we got our water and it was just cold. I asked her for warm water, she told me to get it myself. At Mc Donalds you even get a better service. OK so in the end we just left. We couldn't sit there. In the afternoon we checked out and I asked my E-ticket for our flight back. For some reason they took it when we checked in. I found it already strange why they wanted my plain ticket?? Ofcourse they didn't know where it was. The lady at the desk told me to go print out a new one from the internet. What? I'm standing there, my fleight is in 2 hours and I have no information about it, no phone, no fleight number, my ticket is on my PC at home, not just at any site on the internet. The bellboy in the end helped out but what is it for an answer, go print it out from the internet. Anyway, we had one hour left so we went to the restaurant to get something to eat. That was the end of it, beleive me. I ordered a toast but without cheese, just butter. With all the money from the Hilton they were not able to serve me just a simple toast. After 45 minutes they brought me some greazy half burned sticky discusting "toast?". The waiter felt sorry for me and kept appologizing for the small headed organisation of the Hilton. Well Hilton, this waiter was a fine lad, was only 3 weeks working there but I think he will not stay long. That was it for us, next time we go to the Dan Hotel or Royal Beach.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank hanaboshari
Sandra_Amram, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
04 April 2011

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at the hotel restaurants and the services of staff.

Your comments have been forwarded to the relevant department heads for their attention and immediate care and most helpful.

Please contact the Guest Relations department on your next visit so we can be sure to take care of your reservation on your next stay at Tel: 972-8-6306726.

Best Regards,

Guest relations Manager
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

We just back from a leisure 3 nights vacation.
One of the best times to visit Eilat when you can swim during the day and not to sweat in the evening.
We got an upgrade to Junior suite, go a nice cake for birthday.

In general we got great experience.

Cons.: Need to pay ~13USD per hour for snooker table (should be free for hotel guests) and there are not bathrobes in all rooms (only executives).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HaifaMiu
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2011

After a long trip with many screw-ups from our travel agent, it was great to have stayed at a quality hotel like the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba. The staff was very accommodating and the rooms were clean. Its in a great location with many shops and restaurants within walking distance. The hotel was beautiful and grandiose. Though I have to say, the food was just okay and the service within the restaurant was less than impressive. This was the only hotel in Israel that I stayed at where there was a significant language barrier between myself (American) and the staff (in the restaurant). I speak some Hebrew so I was able to get around it; it just found it surprising since Hilton is an American company. While in Eilat, we took a trip to Petra, Jordan (a world wonder and the backdrop for Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade) which I feel is a must!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank JoshGreenberg
Sandra_Amram, Guest Relations Manager at Queen of Sheba Eilat, responded to this review, February 7, 2011
Dear Josh Greenberg,

Thank you for your review.

We are dealing with the language barrier issue.

Hope that on your next visit you’ll notice the difference and have the change to enjoy our new guest restaurant Makeda, soon to open in April 2011.

All the best,

Milan, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

My friend and I were really excited to visit Israel once again and we had selected different category hotels so as to have a general idea of what was the touristic offer overall. Hilton Queen of Sheba was someway the highlight of the journey as it was the only 5 star hotel we had reserved.

We were thrilled when we checked in but I assume we were the only ones to be ...: porters were not as enthousiastic in welcoming us..to be honest we did not see any of them and porter service was not even mentioned...which I thought quite unusual in a 5 star hotel!!!
I was soon reminded of the miserable service I got when asking for some logistic information before starting my holiday: no one replied to my question about bus or fly schedules from Tel Aviv to Eilat and when someone finally did, it was just after several emails from me and just stating "Sorry, we do not have this information" to which I kindly replied sending the Israeli bus company website link and asking to help me translating it as it seems it requested a little knowldge I had not (Hebrew for instance and knowing which line you are travelling..which I obviously did not know...)

Nonetheless, as I am quite difficult to discourage, I decided to make the most of my stay and I went to the concierge desk that same evening (let's say it was 7 PM) asking to arrange a guide to show us around the following day. I asked specifically to start our tour at 11 AM and be back by 4 PM as we had already reserved some spa treatments we did not want to miss.
Robert was kind enough to arrange everything shortly and he confirmed us the guide/driver would show us around and drive us back by 4 PM. Total price NIS 700- no other ticket or fee to be paid.
Well, the guide was more a driver than a guide and he knew relatively few about the area: we could have got the same info from the glossy brochures we had.
He drove us to Timna Park and asked us to pay NIS 44 each for admission ticket. We paid as we did not wish to argue and ruin our first day of holiday but felt really cheated!
A couple of hours befor 4 PM, we reminded him he had to be back by 4 PM...he said he did not know..no one had never told him...so he sped up the tour and guess what..he did not speed for us not to miss the vital landmarks..no, no!! He was afraid we could not make it to the Eilat Stone Laobratory he wanted to show us.
When we arrived there, a nice lady showed us the production process (took about 5 minutes) and then she showed us the jewelry area...the lab was actually a jewelry and we were supposed to buy something..yet we did not find anything we liked...we said good bye and...it was quite evident the shop lady, her boss and our driver were all extermely disappointed we did not buy anything!

Let me just tell you we had already visited a "Herb farm" along the way where we had bought infusions, teas, beauty products, etc....the Eilat Stone did not just meet our tastes which I am bound to think can happen and it is humanlike!!!!

We finally made it to the hotel and headed for the spa, which is private managed and not owned by Hilton but it is inside Hilton and most clients are obviously Hilton's cllients!
The girl at reception was more focused on clients to pay than to clients ' wellbeing and satisfaction.
I was asked to pay immediately which I did but felt a little unease for a spa in a 5 star hotel. My friend, who reached me later, was told she could pay after the treatment (must be the spa lady trusted us by now as I had paid before and reassured her!) but the moment my friend stepped out the massage and met me at the "relax area" I was asked by the reception lady to inform my friend she had to pay right now as she had not paid in advance... should I omitt I was referred to by my first name " Cristiana, tell your friend she has to pay" Well, we did not know each other so well and after all I was still a Client and expected some formal addressing.
Let me say the bathrobes and towlels they gave us were lousy and the jacuzzi area was cold causing discomfort when getting out of the pool.
Yet if you go there ask for Yelena: she is one of the best masseuse I have never met and her massages are ...heavenly!!!!

I could quote many other failures: waiting a club sandwich 40 min at the pool bar, paying a 24 h connection which does ot reduce hour by hour when you use it but it is on daily base..so you are paying even for not using it (example when you sleep at night) and having to buy as many connections as many pc or devices you have (if you are two and have 2 pc, each pays for his/her pc...nonsense!!) ...just think the B&B where we stayed in Jerusalem offered free connection and we paid € 60 pe night!!! Hilton was by far more expensive.

One morning we had even to wait for breakfast mugs as the only hot beverage station (just 1 person at it by the way...imagine how long the line in front of it each morning!!!) had no more ....

Overall the hotel general experience was not bad..it was just it was not up to a 5 star property and it surely is not offering a 5 star quality service: it is plain staff does not care for clients and the service they are providing, they are just trying to do their job as any other job in the world...which is not really the idea at the base of the hotel industry...

When checking out, I referred my disappointement to the receptionist.
She just nodded in understanding but did not do much..she did not even suggest if I wished to talk to a manager on duty or a supervisor.

My friend says I am too calm and applying a low profile when expressing my comments...well, I have to say I am used to get attention even if I am not shouting and agitating all over but I am starting to think it may not work with Eilat Hilton.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Viagge
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

Megan in the check in did a great job ,very helpful great personality , great room ,very quite ,very good breakfast.we both love the place. when ever we can we will be back .

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lftlawyer
Dear Iftlawyer,

Glad to read that you enjoyed your vacation in our property and look forward to having you back.

Feel free to contact me before your next visit.