“It's a question of season”

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Eilat Patio
Ranked #49 of 63 Hotels in Eilat
Florida, Missouri
“It's a question of season”
Reviewed September 30, 2008

You don't want to go anywhere near this hotel during summer break or the Jewish holidays, as it is packed with youngsters and out of control (someone was actually murdered there in August, just for fun).
We went there on the third week of September, which was one week before the Jewish holidays. We were almost the only people in the hotel, so everything was clean and service was fast. Breakfast wasn't completely fresh, as it consists of remnants from their higher-end hotels.
For the price we paid we thought we did very well. We especially did well to ask for a renovated room, which is a pleasant, clean room with ceramic tiles. We enjoyed the quiet and privacy as well.

• Liked — Chose the best season, it was almost emply
  • Disliked — Not recommended during busy periods
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank reikitouch

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London
Reviewed February 22, 2008

My wife and I were excited about finding a holiday inn while visiting Elat as we were certain this would provide us a clean room and good service.

Neither of these two things happened. Never in my life have I asked to changed rooms for any reason (and I am well travelled). However, at the Holiday Inn Patio both my wife and I were disgusted by the hair on the floor, in the sink, in the tub. We are fairly certain with the amount of dust on the desk top that the room hadn't been cleaned in a long time. So, I did what I had only heard of others doing, I went and asked for another room.

I received the keys to our new room and upon opening the door we saw the same quality of cleanliness. Now we thought that we have to just endure as this must be the standard of this hotel. However, our second room's patio door would not lock, thus meaning we couldn't ensure the safety of our items, so back to the desk I went to ask for a third room.

When I explained the situation to the front desk they told me the door could lock and that I wasn't doing it correctly. So two gentlemen from the hotel came down and attempted to show us how to lock the sliding door. After 10 minutes they decided that the door had some problem and couldn't lock. Then they asked me, "Is this an important feature for you?"

I explained to them that yes, safety and security was an important issue to me. So we moved a third time to the room next door. As this room was unveiled to us we saw more hair, more dirt and mold. However, the sliding door locked - whew.

At this point we thought of asking for our money back and moving to another hotel but knowing that it was booked through a third party online website knew we wouldn't have much luck getting our money back.

We also figured that we had two tours to take and that we would only be in the room to sleep and so we stayed for the three nights.

I would not stay at the Holiday Inn Patio again nor would I suggest that you stay there. Please note that this comes from a person who has stayed at hundreds of hotels from 1 star to 5 star and this is the first time that I have written an online review. Stay clear of the Holiday Inn Patio.

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank LondonBerks

Travelers are raving about these Eilat hotels

Tel Aviv
Reviewed February 11, 2008

I've stayed in Holiday Inn hotels all over the world (Madrid, Prague, Sydney, Amsterdam, various cities in the USA) and have always enjoyed this chain - and the service that comes with it. Some are better than others, but on average, all very similar. Good hotels - you know what to expect for a reasonable price.

This time however I was shocked. This hotel is not worthy of carrying the Holiday Inn flag. It's a very tired hotel, rotten woodwork in the rooms, terrible food and in a very bad area. There's no gym (although written on the website otherwise)

The only good thing is that I didn't pay for the nights I stayed there, as I used my priority points.
If you are looking for a bed only and NOTHING more, then maybe this hotel could serve you. But if you want a little more than that I 'd recommend you to think twice.

Stayed February 2008
Marseille, France
Reviewed September 14, 2007

We were a family of four, staying in one room.
The room was clean, and simple.
This hotel cannot be compared with the
larger hotels which are located in the laguna.
The price for the month of august was reasonable
around $ 180 for four with breakfast per night.
Of course the hotel was not located near the beach
or the centre of town but near the bus station.
It did not bother us since we rented a car from
Eldan in Tel Aviv in order to get around the city.
I confirm that the staff were really helpful and
friendly.

• Liked — the breakfast
  • Disliked — the rooms were simple, modest. They should be renovated like the rest of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank jonnym127
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2007

An okay hotel in okay condition in an okay location.

Location: Hotel is about a 10m walk from the beachfront area. This doesn't sound like much, but it is pretty much across town as it were. It's 5m to the 'main road' but there's not much action here, you'll find yourself walking to the beachfront most of the time.

-- Pros --
Good value for money room rates.
Staff were really friendly and generally helpful.

-- Cons --
The pool is only open from about 09h00 to about 18h00, no good in summer when you want a late night swim.

General tidiness was a problem - nothing scummy or disgusting but a bit of peeling plaster, carpets could've done with a vacuum, etc.

Hotel couldn't provide us with a map, which we thought was a bit unusual.

On the whole, it was okay. Next time I might spring a few more bucks and stay on the beachfront/marina as this is where the action is at but if you're looking for a mid-range hotel which is comfortable if not fantastic, then this one will do.

• Liked — Value for money
  • Disliked — It felt very 'milchik'
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank davereinhardt
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed January 6, 2006

The staff was friendly, responsive, and above average. The hotel is a bit dated but still functional. The room was small but adequate. The carpet was well worn. The room was a good value for the price. Breakfasts were above average and a delight. The hotel's location was good, with one caveat that is certainly not the hotel's fault. There is a questionable business establishment nearby that is unsuitable for families with children or anyone with higher moral standards. Otherwise it is in easy walking distance of food, stores, etc.

Stayed December 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 25, 2005

I want to highly recommend the Holiday Inn Patio in Eilat. I arrived home last night after a five day trip there, and the hotel more than met my expectations. It included dinner (at night) and breakfast, and the food was plentiful, buffet, and the waiters just kept on filling and refilling the tables. NO, cheapness is not heard of there. I know it's just a three star hotel, but the price was so great, and having food for 4 people (we went with our seven year old twin daughters) was a huge plus. There is a children's club during the day, a small swimming pool and jacuzzi (we went to the beach every day, so didn't need the pool), and at night attractions in the hotel like a singer, karioke, dog show, etc. I actually don't know why it's "just" three stars, the rooms were very clean, we had a small porch, there was a bathtub with soap and shampoo provided by the hotel, hair dryer, fridge, clock, telephone with messaging, a safe box... All in all, I highly recommend this hotel.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member