“Ok hotel- not more than that”

Holiday Inn Eilat Patio
Ranked #46 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel was purchased by Holitel group who changed the name to Holitel Marrakech.
The location is in the city itself. Not in the touristic zone in the marina area, but not far from there. Something like 10 minutes walk. Close to the city center with shops, restraunts, supermarket etc.

What i didn't like the most is that they don't turn on the A/C at winter. Only ventilation. I stayed there on December but the weather is still hot in Eilat. If you open the window you'll get great fresh air but you'd have to wake up early because of the airplanes in the airport just across the street. First flight is in 5:30, so here you have free wake up call service.

The shift manager was very rude to me. Other staff are nice.

Room Tip: All rooms that heading north or west.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 1, 2012

This is a good budget hotel. It's located walking distance from the eilat airport (its back patio faces the runway) and is around the corner from the central bus station and lots of shops, including a supermarket. It's also only about a 10-15 minute walk from the beach and the grander hotels. The hotel's staff was quick and accommodating, allowing us to check in before time, and quickly attending to our requests for towels, a space heater, and a shower repair.
The rooms are not new (chipped tiles, somewhat nicked furniture), but they are very clean. Our room had no carpeting, which I prefer when staying at less pricey hotels, and was sparkling clean. The mattresses were fine, and the room had room to walk around (I think it was a deluxe room -- 2 twin beds, a third open-up couch and a small coffee table).
There are no views to speak of in the hotel, as the hotel is located next door to two other properties, and most of the rooms face one side or the other. The back of the hotel faces the runway and has lovely views beyond it of the Jordanian mountains in the distance.
There's a small pool and a patio beside it that is very pleasant for meals.
I didn't eat the included breakfast, but it was very nicely served -- a typical Israeli hotel spread, with a generous amount of salad, cheeses, eggs.
I would recommend this trip for anyone who's looking for a good, serviceable hotel a notch or two above a hostel in a very convenient location.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2009

The best thing about this hotel is that it is within walking distance from the bus station, provided you don't have too much luggage. Everything else is pretty much forgettable. The A/C in our room didn't really work. Breakfast was included, and was o.k.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2009

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights in January 2009. This hotel is quite far from the major hotels on the Promenade, but for energetic walkers who enjoy a bit of a hike, it doesn't take too long to walk down to the Promenade -- a walk that involves going around the small municipal airport. The hotel is OK for the price, but has a few drawbacks. First, it is easy to see the hotel as one is driving south into Eilat on Hwy 90 -- it is right on that main highway. Finding your way into the hotel, though, is another story -- one has to drive through the parking lot of a strip shopping center, and there are no signs pointing to the hotel. The hotel looks nicer on the outside than it does on the inside. We probably had an unrenovated room, and it showed in the stained carpeting, old furniture and curtains. The TV was also old and small, and had only one English language channel (Fox News). We judged internet service from the room to be extremely expensive. (You can bring your laptop to either of the Cafe Aromas in town for free wireless.) The bathroom was better, with a big tub and plenty of light. We didn't try the breakfast so I can't comment on that. I agree with the reviewer who said that the hotel's security was non-existent.. The front desk staff was friendly and competent, though, and check-in and check-out were smooth.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 27, 2008

Very disappointing. The Priceline web site said that this hotel has a fitness center/gym but there is no such facility. Also, the norm in Israel is for hotels to include breakfast in the rate. My room did not include breakfast, and I was never advised of that fact.

Another big issue is that the hotel security was non-existant. In Israel virtually every hotel and most public places have a security guard at the door checking bags and verifying that you belong. I was in and out a few times over 24 hours and never say any security. In today's world this is unacceptable.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2008

You don't want to go anywhere near this hotel during summer break or the Jewish holidays, as it is packed with youngsters and out of control (someone was actually murdered there in August, just for fun).
We went there on the third week of September, which was one week before the Jewish holidays. We were almost the only people in the hotel, so everything was clean and service was fast. Breakfast wasn't completely fresh, as it consists of remnants from their higher-end hotels.
For the price we paid we thought we did very well. We especially did well to ask for a renovated room, which is a pleasant, clean room with ceramic tiles. We enjoyed the quiet and privacy as well.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank reikitouch
Reviewed February 22, 2008

My wife and I were excited about finding a holiday inn while visiting Elat as we were certain this would provide us a clean room and good service.

Neither of these two things happened. Never in my life have I asked to changed rooms for any reason (and I am well travelled). However, at the Holiday Inn Patio both my wife and I were disgusted by the hair on the floor, in the sink, in the tub. We are fairly certain with the amount of dust on the desk top that the room hadn't been cleaned in a long time. So, I did what I had only heard of others doing, I went and asked for another room.

I received the keys to our new room and upon opening the door we saw the same quality of cleanliness. Now we thought that we have to just endure as this must be the standard of this hotel. However, our second room's patio door would not lock, thus meaning we couldn't ensure the safety of our items, so back to the desk I went to ask for a third room.

When I explained the situation to the front desk they told me the door could lock and that I wasn't doing it correctly. So two gentlemen from the hotel came down and attempted to show us how to lock the sliding door. After 10 minutes they decided that the door had some problem and couldn't lock. Then they asked me, "Is this an important feature for you?"

I explained to them that yes, safety and security was an important issue to me. So we moved a third time to the room next door. As this room was unveiled to us we saw more hair, more dirt and mold. However, the sliding door locked - whew.

At this point we thought of asking for our money back and moving to another hotel but knowing that it was booked through a third party online website knew we wouldn't have much luck getting our money back.

We also figured that we had two tours to take and that we would only be in the room to sleep and so we stayed for the three nights.

I would not stay at the Holiday Inn Patio again nor would I suggest that you stay there. Please note that this comes from a person who has stayed at hundreds of hotels from 1 star to 5 star and this is the first time that I have written an online review. Stay clear of the Holiday Inn Patio.

Stayed: February 2008