“hope this helps” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 63 Hotels in Eilat
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“hope this helps”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hotel is a bit old, the rooms don't have too many electricity sockets, the air condition is not always doing what it's supposed to do (for example i put it on heating and it cools the room further), the blankets are not always enough, the beds are not comfortable.
Wifi works OK, not too fast - if you would try to watch a Youtube video expect many pauses.
It's more quite than the hotels on the sea front because there is less clubs/bars with loud music next by, but it's still a bit noisy, specially in the lower floors, even floor 5 can be noisy. The windows are not double glazed.

Room Tip: 9th floor has the better rooms - they renovated only the rooms on the 9th floor. If you want a nice...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
KarinPr, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
First, I was very disappointed to read your review.
We are doing everything in our power to give the best vacation to our guests, according to the Crowne Plaza Hotels tradition.
I was very sorry to learn that it wasn't so in your case.
I hope that next time you will come to Eilat you will come to us and see that things can be different.
Public relations manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed 3 days in Eilat with my family. We had a very good assistance from everybody in the Hotel as we asked so many questions in order to have the best from the short stay. In particular Mr. Sawad was very friendly and available.
I will suggest this place to my friends!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KarinPr, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Dear guest

Thank you very much for your kind words.
Our main goal is to make sure that our guests are satisfied and happy!
We are more than glad to know that it has been a very good vacation for you and hope seeing you again at Crowne Plaza Eilat among our returning happy guests.

shiran elkayam
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was visiting Eilat for a business congress and needed a Hotel as the congress Hotel was fully booked. Using a booking site, I saw the Crowne Plaza name and chose this hotel! BIG Mistake!
I guess alarm bells began to ring when I arrived at the front door by taxi and the doorman did not even raise from his stool to say hello or offer to help, when I checked in, my original room was already occupied or not ready and so I was "upgraded" to a newly renovated room on the top floor. When I arrived at the room, the first thing that greeted me was the door lock which looked as though it was about to fall out (although it did lock if you pulled the door hard!), next was the bathroom which had never been cleaned properly since the renovation was done I would guess, the floor was filthy, the seal around the bath / shower was covered with black mold, the wall in the shower was covered with soap scum buildup, the cornices were pealing away and the light fitting in the entrance was about to fall out. I deliberately left some dirt near the wash basin, which was still there when I checked out! When I went to the local supermarket and bought some cleaner, the lady in the shop was horrified, but know that the hotel was "S*&£y" - her term not mine, as did all the local taxi drivers! After giving the floor etc. a thorough clean I felt that at least the nasty dirt was "cleaned" but I could not move the mold or ground in dirt on the floor. On checking out the manager was very nice and did accompany me to the room and also took pictures of etc. She has told me she will offer me a 50% discount on my next stay - but did not offer to reimburse the cost of the cleaning product I purchased or even take something off this account. To be frank I don't think you could pay me to stay there again! - Oh yes the added bonus is "Alice" night club across the pool - great if you are there on holiday and do not need to sleep, but not great if you have to get up to work, when the music doesn't stop till 03H00 in the morning.
The one thing positive I can say is that the food at breakfast was lovely! Just a pity that there were birds flying around inside the restaurant.
Overall I do not think that this hotel is worth to bear the Crowne Plaza name as it is most certainly not up to the standards that Crowne Plaza or Holiday Inn customers are used to!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank David S
Dear Guest,

We at the Crowne Plaza Hotel are doing everything in our power to make our guests happy.
I am terribly sorry to read that it wasnt so in your case.
We are expecting to see you again at our hotel and show you that we can do it better.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed at this hotel prior to our Petra day trip. Very nicely located with a great view of the marina and beach area. To the side we could also see the airport and runway - bonus! The hotel made a mistake by not providing us with a boxed breakfast the morning of our trip, and upon our return later in the day, Yakov the manager insisted we have dinner in the restaurant at no charge.
Easy to walk about and a good view.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest

Thank you very much for your kind words.
Our main goal is to make sure that our guests are satisfied and happy!

shiran elkayam
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was one of the most awful travel experiences I have encountered in recent memory. The staff felt shady and manipulative, the infrastructure is falling a part...I spoke to the reservation manager (Martine) who confirmed a rate with me over the phone. When I arrived, they could not find my reservation and proceeded to give me another rate that was almost double what I was quoted. It was midnight when I arrived so being exhausted, I just took the room. Emailed and called Martine the next day for clarification and she disappears on me (seeing how I already paid). There are plenty of other hotels in Eilat. Do your research and stay somewhere else. It's not worth the stress to save a few bucks. You'll end up paying more at this place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jamesbruin
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Jamesbruin,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our family of 6 recently spent 3 nights here in 3 rooms, not an inconsiderable amount to spend for accommodation.

It's 15 years since we last stayed here and we were really looking forward to this stay especially because it was over New Year's eve, but left feeling really disappointed.

On the positive side the location is good. the breakfast buffet is substantial; no-one could leave feeling hungry, and we found the beds very comfortable, however this property is in need of a serious renovation, and a cultural "upgrade".

We've read of previous replies by management to similar complaints from reviewers however it seems too little is being done too slowly.
The lobby is as others have described very noisy with children running wild and belting out notes on the piano.
The televisions are all bulky pre 2000 models; this is a very quick and simply item to upgrade.
The towels would rate as the smallest we've ever used in any hotel; whilst we would normally re-use our towels to support a hotels environmental policy this is completely impossible with towels that barely dry you after 1 use. This could be fixed simply and quickly.
The remaining decor of the rooms also needs an upgrade; something that we acknowledge takes time.
The hotel wifi service is poor at best; we made 6 calls to the internet provider only to be told each time "we've fixed the problem and you'll have no more trouble logging on". On the last morning, internet was down in the hotel from 7am, and was still not available by the time we checked out at 9am.

Despite the fact that we were assured our Gold status was recorded in the system, not only were we not offered rooms on high floors where we believe the rooms have been renovated, however almost a week after our departure the stay does not reflect on my profile.

We would not return unless we could be assured that the hotel has undergone a full refurbishment and better reflects the Crowne Plaza name and brand.

Room Tip: One that has been renovated
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Johnpsau
KarinPr, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
I was very sorry to learn that it wasn't so in your case
We are now in a process of renovating the hotel but these things takes time. i hope that next time you will come to Eilat you will come to us and see the changes that have been done.
Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here for two nights and while the location, service, lobby and pool are nice the rooms and hallways are in HUGE, HUGE need of maintenance and a deep clean. The seals around the shower leaked causing a massive flood every time we showered (there was rust around the doors showing we were not the only ones with this problem), mold stains on the bathroom ceiling, stained carpet, dirty telephone, etc.. Also, there was no guide to the hotel provided, no pad of paper, pen, etc.. It almost felt like like there were waiting to tear it down since the rooms and furniture were so old and poorly maintained.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family