“That was a very expensive hamburger”
Review of Chicago Grill Bar - CLOSED

Chicago Grill Bar
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy a fresh culinary experience at Chicago Grill Bar. Start with a delicious appetizer then choose from a succulent selection of meat including prime rib, rack of veal and lamb chops. For a taste of everything order a Butchers meal for two. To complete your gourmet experience, enjoy a selection of decadent desserts. This family friendly venue also offers special meals for children. For a romantic evening enjoy the seclusion of one of two private dining rooms. The stylish decor, courteous service and exclusive atmosphere will make a visit to this Eilat restaurant a memorable occasion.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

So my two teenage sons and I were looking for a nice restaurant in Eilat and decided to check out The Chicago. The waiter was very professional and went out of his way to give us an enjoyable meal. However, the prices are absurd! My son and I ordered a hamburger which was fine accept that it cost close to I think 80 ILS. I have been to many restaurants in my life from low pub fare to upscale, white glove service. Personally, this restaurant is overrated. The decor is very bland (although the name of the restaurant is Chicago, the atmosphere and setting does not correspond with the name). I know this because both my sons attend a private school in Chicago and I travel there frequently. The only plus to the restaurant was the bread the service with the three different dips. Other than that, it was certainly not worth the steep price.

Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago Grill Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear elee124065
Thanks for an informative review, your concerns and opinion show us where to improve.
I am glad you liked the bread and service and sorry that the rest was not to your satisfaction.
I hope we do get the chance to change your opinion in the ufture.

Kind regards
Michal

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We went to this restaurant with a party of 6. We chose this restaurant because although its a kosher meat place the online menu showed a halibut entree and mushroom ravioli appetizer (and we had a vegetarian in our group). Unfortunately when we arrived at the table we saw that both of the previously mentioned items were no longer on the menu and no fish or veggie option was added in their place. Our waiter told us the only thing available for vegetarian was salad. Despite the rocky beginning, the food was excellent - and the vegetarian managed to get enough to eat with the wonderful fresh bread, interesting salads, and potatoe side dish that was served as an accompaniment to the meat entrees.

Dear Carole B
Thank you for a good review. I am so sorry that you didnt find a suitable dish for your vegitarian friend. This will be investigated and handled so to prevent it from happening to future guests.
We do have a very good menu and lovely dishes so thanks for your compliments... I will forward to the chef too.
I hope you will visit again and enjoy.
Best regards
Michal

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Very good meat , loved the service and the atmosphere is very special - we loved it! We will come again!!!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The first courses are very good, main are fairly cooked, but not something to "die for". By the time you get to the end of your steak it is too cold to eat it. Desert are fair, but not excellent. Atmosphere is very good, and the service cover all the rest, well trained waters, that gives an excellent service.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Beautiful meat (go for rare), nice atmosphere. The screen activity things were a little distracting however.