“Good Value”
Review of Rich Luxury Suites

Rich Luxury Suites
Ranked #25 of 56 Specialty Lodging in Eilat
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were going on a two day tour of Jordan and needed a place to stay in Eilat the night before the and the night after so we just booked a cheap hotel. This fit our needs given that criteria. As other reviewers have noted, it's not just an apartment style hotel, but it runs more like an apartment, something I wasn't clear on when making the reservation. This means that no one was there and we had to make an appointment to meet with the manager in order to get to the room. She was very nice, gave us some advice about places to eat, and allowed us to leave our rental car and luggage at the hotel for a few days while we were gone which made our trip much easier! The room itself was a nice sized studio with a kitchenette.
If I were returning to Eilat and just needed a comfortable place to sleep, I'd consider this again. If I was looking for a more fun experience (ie. pool, hotel restaurant, etc.) then I'd select a different property.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Bonnie412

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had just a brief, one night staff in Eilat on our way to Petra so we wanted something inexpensive but decent quality, which is hard to find in Eilat, where there are mostly large resorts or very cheap backpacker type places of questionable quality. Rich Luxury Suites was perfect for us. The room is not huge but is adequate. The bed is comfortable and there is plenty of hot water. The building and the room are impeccably clean. The owner provides excellent service including such little touches like turning on the air con in our room ½ hour before we arrived so the room would be cool when we entered it. She gave us tips for getting around Eilat, took us to the roof to show us the great view of the town and the Sea and was overall helpful and friendly. It is a short walk down to the waterfront from the hotel. There are no amenities in this building and limited front desk hours, but if you just want excellent, basic accommodation this is the place!

Room Tip: There is a beautiful view from the roof, so I would suggest higher floors, although you do have to t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank SteveInVancouver
Reviewed July 7, 2013

big new clean rooms , in a car 2 minutes to the beach, big mall and diving centers.
the owner is very friendly and helpful
we took a 1 bedroom suite with 2 little girls and it was very spacious
I will return soon

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank s s
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We picked this hotel because it was relatively inexpensive in comparison to others in the area. It is less of a hotel and more of a suite to rent. There is not always someone in reception. They worked very well with me via email. I originally booked for one night and then decided to book it for the night after our Petra tour as well. They allowed us to leave our bags while we were gone. The suite was nice and had everything we've needed. It's very close to the airport. Almost close enough to walk if you had to. No pool or anything like that, but we were not looking for those type of amenities. Close enough to walk to the beach and the mall.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if your bags are heavy chose a lower floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank DowntownDean
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Huge value for the money. We got upgraded, and our room had a living room, a flat screen tv and a huge patio with lawn chairs. The hostel is held to a very high standard so I can confidently assume all rooms are as nice. As nice as any hotel, would recommend to anyone and already have!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is a modern apartment hotel, very nice quiet and clean, all the rooms with AC.

We were upgraded for a larger room (regardless the fact they had our room available).
the reception clerk was very nice, and patient, on our request the room was ready for early check in, and confirmed by email.

In general email communication was very efficient.

The only disadvantage I find is that it is about 10-15 min. walking from the beach, and with over 40+ temperature outside it might be not so pleasant, we had a car, so we had no problem with that.
Parking is not a problem outside.

I am glad to recommend and will come back again with pleasure :)

Room Tip: The smallest rooms are really small, recommend to go for the larger one.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael P
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is an apartment complex and operates differently than a hotel, but there is no mentioning of it neither on Expedia, nor in their numerous e-mails to me which, however, did not fail to list tours i could book through them. There is no reception desk, accommodation is done by appointment (absurd when they deal with travelers) and you better keep the appointment, otherwise, you will find the place locked as it happend to me when i arrived 45 min. earlier. The staff gave me the keys, told me all i needed to know in 3 min. with record speech speed, and left. There is nothing rich or luxury about the place, it is located on a quiet street outside of main happening area; it takes at least 10 min. to walk to the beach and longer if you do not want to short cut thru construction site. My room was modern and clean, but rather modest. The absence of a person ready to answer questions and provide all necessary help was a huge inconvenience for me. I definitely would not recommend this place to anybody who relies on a normal hotel's conditions.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo