“Great for the kind of place it is!”
Review of Sunset inn

Sunset inn
Ranked #3 of 54 Specialty Lodging in Eilat
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My team and I stayed here while on a break in Eilat. For the price it was well worth it. $18 per person. If you stay in any hotel in Israel you will soon find out that they are not on the same par as the states or Europe. But for the price I was impressed. Clean room with a double and three twins, kitchenette with fridge, large shower with nice shower head and coder table beds. Beds are a bit narrow but they are comfortable. Flat screen with Sat. TV. Nice host that was very helpful. Not too far from the city center, you can take a cab or a little bit of a walk. Restaurants nearby. All in all well worth it, recommend for young couple trying to save money or a small group.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Soldat1
yavgeny s, Manager at Sunset inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2015

Thank you very much!we hope to see you again!

There are newer reviews for Sunset inn

Reviewed October 6, 2013

very good value for the price and high quality!in center of the city,near a big and cheap super market,a small restourant for the breakfest was very nice for all the week.the design very special, the pictures it looks very beautiful, but in reality it is like paradise that writing can not describe, we arrived around 10 30 am, and we got a room. Although he was listed entry is from 12 00, the room was large and answered what we wanted, terms of location, superb in the heart of all the shops restaurants and cafes, I highly recommend "pantalino" restaurant Italian food is relatively inexpensive tourist center, walk to the sea is about 10 minutes ,recommends a "dekel" beach the atmosphere is very quiet……… in the motel very nice owner avi, very friendly.thank you for your help and good vacation!!!value for the money 100%

Room Tip: i take double room was very good and big room,i book in booking.com very good price
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank john l

Thank you very much, we hope to see you again and wish you a successful year of a lot of success, happiness, and opportunities to go on vacation! And waiting for you back here in Eilat! :-)

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel is in the town centre, in a quiet place.A beautiful combination of iron stone, lobby seating style Thailand.
The room in the new wing is clean and fragrant atmosphere of calmness and at a great price.
Zealously guard the privacy of the guests so we felt like we were the only guests

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank David D

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stay away!

I was very happy with my email correspondence with the sunset motel. I thought we had a good price ($110 USD) and the manager even said they would do our laundry for $16 USD when we arrived.

We arrived in Eilat on the bus at approx. 1030 P.M. The motel is just a block from the bus station. I knew things were flowing downhill when I observed what appeared to be business cards for prostitutes on the sidewalk all the way from the bus station to the motel. We arrived and were greeted warmly and shown to our room.

The room was filthy. The pictures I am submitting will show how nasty the place was. It was late and we had to get up early the next morning to cross the border so I told me children to begin to shower and get ready for bed. My son asked where the towels were. After searching and not finding any towels, soap, or shampoo I went to the office to get some and to turn our gym bag of dirty clothes in. The manager said they did not provide towels but he would give me two towels anyway. When I later took the towels to the room I discovered they had a terrible mildew odor.

While at the bar/front desk I paid my bill. Thank goodness I had corresponded via Email. The guy attempted to charge me a few dollars more than we had agreed on. The manager hemmed and hawed and finally told me they don't worry about the money and I paid the agreed on $110.

Later I returned to the bar area because the air conditioner remote was not in the room. The manager said I did not need it as they had turned the a/c on for us. He told me to wait for the room to cool for five minutes which I did. I then asked him to give me the remote. Instead of giving me the remote the manager came to the room with his helper and she turned the a/c down for us and took the remote with her.

I gave the manager our gym bag which was full of dirty clothes. The manager told me that our gym bag contained to many clothes and we would have to pay extra. We verbally agreed to $25.00 USD. I did not argue because I just wanted to go to bed and even though he had gave us the price of $16.00 USD we did not agree to an amount of clothes to be washed for $16.00.

The next morning at 7:30 I went to the bar area and the manager told me to come back in 5 minutes. I waited 15 and went back to the bar. The manager walked off and quickly returned with my clothes. The manager gave me my clothes and asked for $35.00. I said no, we agreed on $25.00 and that was after you emailed me and said $16.00. The manager again hemmed and hawed and eventually took the $25.00 for the laundry. He told me to get out which I was glad to do.

I could write more but I feel the guy trying to cheat us on money, having a super dirty room, and the lack of towels, soap, or shampoo makes this place a no go for anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank CharlieGates

Thanks for sharing your experience about our accomandation.
We believe that all the comments from our guests should be treated as a priority and of utmost importance. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations in relation to some of our services and facilities.

we apologize for the inconvenience and reinforced to maintain our service excellence on your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The owner and manager made this stay an awful experience for us. They are nice enough when they show you a room, just to get your business. Then they turn mean! They couldn't care less about your experience at their place. Stay away from Sunset Motel!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Angie H

Reviewed April 25, 2012

The motel itself is quite nice, but the managers were awful. They charged different rates for different guests, tried to hook me up with a disreputable tour guide to Petra, and when I complained about the noise in the middle of the night, they started screaming at me. I left the motel tired, embarassed, and angry.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank John J

Reviewed May 28, 2011

I was very happy with our 2 night stay at Sunset Motel. It was inexpensive and a really nice place.
First, this is a hostel, although a very nice hostel (ie. my parents wouldn't have even minded it!). It's no-frills, although it does offer free wi-fi. The owner/manager/jack-of-all-trades built the place himself, and it really is a cute little place. It has a lot of character, while still being functional. Since he runs the place himself, you do have to be more aware of personalities than at a chain hotel - but the comments from the first reviewer are totally unwarranted. We found him to be very pleasant and amicable - it's all about how you treat people!

The rooms were spacious, though spartan. They could have been a bit cleaner, and the bathroom was tiny, but keeping in mind that this is an "upper class hostel", I was satisfied with all of it.

Location is a bit inconvenient. It's about a 20-30 minute walk to the beach, although the area around the Sunset Motel is great. There's an amazing bakery just around the corner and a good Shwarma restaurant up the street.

The location was quiet and made for a good night's rest.
I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends