“Bordering on the worst experience of my life”

C Hotel Eilat Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Eilat B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have never written a bad review but this hotel really was horrendous and if I can save anybody else from experiencing this hell-hole I will!

First, despite advertising A/C in all rooms it doesn't, just an air cooling unit in each from the 50s. Unfortunatley ours broke down and when it is still 35 degrees at night it was unbareable and none of us were able to sleep. I understand that these things happen but we went to tell reception on 3 separate occasions, each time someone came promising to fix it but never
did. Nor did they offer to move us rooms.

The next morning, after no sleep, we returned from breakfast, or should I say a den of screaming, out of control children, who run around shouting and piling their plates high full of e-numbers and pushing any adults who dare to get in their way, to find workmen ripping out the old cooler, covering our room in dust sheets with old oil and water dripping everywhere.

But what really distinguishes this hotel is the terrible staff, who really couldn't care less, another example of this is that despite staying at the hotel for three days, they never once made up the third bed. They were rude, insolent and made you feel like a nuisance. Absolutely terrible customer service, cannot warn people enough to stay away from this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank MissCullen44

Reviewed June 26, 2012

First of all we traveled as a group of 4 girls and were skeptical about traveling there in the first place. We got to our hotel and had to pay extra then what we payed online ($30 whatever, we needed the room). Then Day 2 we all got food poisoning. End of day 2 we were all sleeping, on the nice beds,( I will give them that) and we had been going down to the lobby to use a second bathroom, they assumed there were more than 4 of us so they walked into our room while we were sleeping at 4 AM to try and accuse us of having more than 4 people. WE PAID for 4 and ONLY had 4! After that incident, I complained to management about privacy. Later the next day an old man across the room decided to walk around NAKED ALLLL day with his door open. He was in his mid-40's, smoked, with children and other families around with the door open! Security yelled at him and when he did it again I called the cops. This hotel was disgusting! Not worth saving money to stay there. They make you pay more once you get there! Good luck!

Room Tip: Get one that does not face the pool, old men walk around naked and smoke
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank welltrvld_01
Reviewed April 18, 2012

From the window of the room I saw planes landing in Eilat as the hotel is across the airport. The reception and the restaurant ares are very clean. Breakfast was very good. Rooms should be renovated.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lifetouragency
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I booked this Hotel via Worldmate. Checking-in was quick and simple, all I had to do was show my passport. The moment I got into my room, I received a call from my tour group confirming the details of my Petra tour - they probably had some sort of arrangement with the hotel - which I thought was excellent. In general service was OK and friendly, I had a nice quick chat with the staff in the 2 days I was there (most of the time I was out touring).

Room was clean, dry and comfortable, and came with air-conditioning and a number of power outlets. There was a kettle and mini fridge available too.

The hotel is located near the Eilat Central Bus Station, just next to the Shalom Center. The entrance to this hotel is very easy to find. There is a shopping mall (Mul HaYam Mall) nearby where you will find the usual places to eat and shop.

Daily breakfast spread was rather nice (eggs prepared in various ways, I love eggs).

Great for solo travellers.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Zach A
Reviewed December 5, 2011

A brief word on how I rate a hotel. I don’t compare the hotels I stay in with the uber deluxe such as the Ritz Carltons, Westins, Marriotts and Hiltons. I look for value (price), location, comfort (a bed that easily holds my 6 foot, 1 inch body), en suite facilities, free or inexpensive breakfast, room for our suitcases (and us) and great people staffing the hotel. A five star hotel exceeds my expectations. A four star hotel meets my expectations.

If you are spending a couple of nights in Eilat for a tour to Petra, I highly recommend this hotel. It is suitable for families with young children. It does have a nice pool area. We had two rooms for two nights on successive nights in late October 2011. Our rooms were more than adequate. Although there was no carpet on the floor (wood), it was clean. We had a very small balcony. The bathroom was more than acceptable. A buffet breakfast was included with the under $100 per night price per room. The hotel even provided a very nice breakfast to take with us on our very early tour to Petra (0600). We had dinner there Friday night that was also a buffet and reasonably priced. The pot roast was very good. The staff was extremely helpful in providing directions and services. My only complaint (a minor one) was the charge for fresh water service in the room (US$15). Our Garmin GPS (satnav) device had no trouble finding the hotel. The rooms we had looked out over the front entrance and were very quiet. The beds were comfortable. The hotel provided free parking nearby.

Room Tip: I booked through www.booking.com. They had the best prices for our dates.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jim H
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Eilat is super hot in August so you want great air-conditioning...which we got, but that was about it. The rooms are very tired and outdated. There were so many carpet stains that we certainly didn't want to take off our shoes for a second. It looked like there was a dried vomit stain as we were walking down the hall. Then because it was so hot when we arrived, we all wanted to take a shower...at times during our three night stay the water would come out a shade of orange (rusty pipes ???). The breakfasts were mediocre and the one dinner we had there was worse. Every night that we were there, there was live, LOUD and often off-key entertainment in the lobby/bar. I'm surprised the front desk staff could even hear us when we had to call down for something. There was no hairdryer in the room so we had to ask for one. Even though parking was free, it was difficult to find and often a nightmare. And my recommendation for those who like to wash up with a face cloth is to bring your own as most hotels in Israel don't have them. We won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Nice hotel if you consider it is a 3 star which is really pushing the number. The music d-jay at the pool, was really over the top with a lot of LOUD and Over the top Sound bangs which can and did giove me a headache.. The staff in my case were polite, the tour operators were this Russian, Ukrainian couple who are just doing it for the money, and they tell you about the tours, take your money additionally tell you take a bus to most locations if you do not have a car. Better to get your discount at the books offered in the Hotel and even at the Harbour where the discounts are steeper. and more satisfying. The food is great and the beds are not bad, but Friday night to Saturday, they do not have coffee as most places have shut the machine down, So get your coffee before and watch out they have chicory, coffee which is awful.

Lastly, as they do not have Laundry, you better find some other place to do your clothes.

3 star and it is not so nice with no other entertainment.

Room Tip: bed hard pillows soft
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo