“Nice company, nice place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Arava Hostel Eilat

Arava Hostel Eilat
Ranked #5 of 44 Specialty Lodging in Eilat
“Nice company, nice place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

The place was a nice place to stay. Decent location, near to the bus station, so easy access to local dive sites. Helpful staff and nice common areas to eat in after you prepare a meal. I would stay again, but mostly because I want to see and hang out with the receptionist. She made my stay.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

This hostel provided me with exactly what I was looking for: somewhere to meet like-minded travellers and a place close to diving locations. The room was adequate for my needs, I didn't plan on spending too much time inside, the bathrooms were clean and it had a great communal feel throughout the whole place.
The staff were friendly and able to assist in my booking of a tour to Petra. There was plenty of space to sit indoors or out to just relax and unwind after an action packed day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Eilat was the last stop on my 2 week tour in Israel. By the time I got there I was incredibly exhausted from being so busy in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem and needed to chill. My room was clean, the patio and garden was fantastic for laying in the sun and reading and one of the staff even helped me book a massage at the Dan Hotel since I do not speak Hebrew. They were all very kind made me feel part of the family and on returning to Eilat I would not hesitate to go back to Arava.

The only con about the whole place was the kitchen which is small and not very well outfitted with utensils and pans so you have to get creative but we were still able to cook several dinners there.

Many thanks to Arava staff for a great, relaxing experience!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

The Arava Hostel is a small and familiar hostel in Eilat. I lived there more than two month and i felt very confortable in my four-bed-female-dorm.The atmosphere in the Arava ist friendly, warm and sociable. There is no WIFi in the rooms, that s why every guest meet one time in the kitchen, sitting room or outside. Each shower is sepreated, a bit small but functional and the toilets are clean all the time. But the big reason why the Arava Hostel is the best hostel in Israel is the staff. Openminded, avaiable and friendly all the time and very sympatic. Their hints for the city of Eilat are very nice and helpfull. The Arava Hostel is perfect for a short stay and excellent for a long long stay.Come on,explore Eilat and ignore the bad reviews of this nice City! I ll be back at you in March, ARAVA! Shalom aleichem!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I originally checked in hoping to check out asap...I didn't like the vibe and of course there is a no cancelation policy. So I was stuck there and ..really it was MY timing that sucked...a lot of groups of young obnoxious kids taking diving courses were there at the time...as soon as they left itwas like a new place...in the end I had a lot of fun and met people from all over the world. I stayed for 6 nights. They could adjust the prices more accordingly...the dorm "closets" are not worth $20...I've traveled all over and $10-15 would be fair..but THE PEOPLE MADE THE PLACE :)

• Stayed November 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I booked this hostel for one night for my father and his wife and they had the worst experience.
They checked in after 5pm and their room wasn´t even ready, The sheets and towels were old, torn and disgusting. No soap in the bathroom, terrible mattress and place wasn´t clean at all. They barely slept because the room was full of flees and they got litterally eaten by them. Service at the front desk was terrible, not helpful or polite at all, always acting like they were doing you a favor. No breakfast included, very pricy and they even charge you to leave your luggage after check out. Very disappointing, don´t go there.

Room Tip: None of them, don´t go!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Aharon G, Manager at Arava Hostel Eilat, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
We care about gusts review and try to learn how to improve ourselves to be the best we can, in this case we decide to response to the last review because it's not familiar to us.
First, we find it very weird that a gust didn't get the room after 5pm or got a dirty room because this is not normal or usual in our hostel and we would remember this kind of glitch if happened.
Second, in a case of seemingly "flee problem" in the hostel, we didn't got complains from any guest and in 100% there was no problem, the only thing that might explain it is that in this time of the year is the mosquito season, and when gusts share a problem like this with us we give the guest mosquito replier moister or other options but we can't help guests if they don't tell us there is an issues.
Third, when a guest makes a booking in hostel for low price he can't expect to get a hotel room for less money, also we have different kind of levels of rooms with different pricing- the rooms are bigger with better bed and all the facilities in are better and that’s why it cost more. If a guest booked the minimum he can't really expect the maximum.
One of the things that matter in a place is how clean it is, our hostel is a clean hostel because we believe it's the most important factor in a place.
I wonder if the person behind this review was an actual gust in Arava hostel he would still right this review and rate us so low.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed there more than 3 times and every time I am amayzed by the way the place is orgenised and clean.There is a beutifull garden outside that is possible to sit. I have been to many big hotels in Elat and I prefer this small one that make you feel home with this relax atmospheer and very nice people that help you with everything you need. The price is also soooo good compering to other places and you still get a high qwality room with very good Air condition, hot watet all day and LCD TV. I highly recomend you to go there! Dana Sivan

• Stayed November 2013