“Ok for one night”

Ranked #3 of 44 Specialty Lodging in Eilat
Munich, Germany
“Ok for one night”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I booked one night in a dorm, but as I saw that tiny room without windows I changed my booking and took a single room. This was also tiny but had at least a window even though without a view. The location was fine and staff nice and helpful. It was ok for one night, but if you like nice and spacious places go somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Rehovot, Israel
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We enjoyed our stay very much, especially because we were allowed to bring in our two dogs. The garden is a huge plus, as it allows one to relax in the midst of the otherwise not so attractive neighborhood. The staff is very nice and attentive to details and requests. Rooms are pretty small but otherwise clean. Fridge+TV come handy, too. At night it was very quiet. To summarize: Arava is always our first choice for staying in Eilat, highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dimka811868435
Eilat
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed at this place for a week (7 days) and it was a wonderfully calm and relaxing experience. The kitchen is easy to use, with microwave and gas stove; there are laundry facilities; the staff are good for talking to; the lounge area is a great rescuer when Eilat feels too small .....

I great place to get to Petra and a great place to see Eilat from. The internet is stable, reliable and free and I really can't find a single flaw to mention. Out of the budget options in Eilat, this one is easily the best. AVOID the Corinne (that place is terrible!!)

Room Tip: I stayed in the dorms and they were fine. We had shelves, cabinets and options for hanging.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Estados Unidos
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Arava seems "okay" (I spent three nights there), but they really need to re-think their pricing strategy. I stayed in a single room with private bath, but was charged "extra" for breakfast, coffee, computer use, etc., and even a towel ! ! ! [There's no excuse for charging for a towel when your room has an en-suite bathroom.] Before I left Eilat, I looked at another hotel close by. That place was called "Aviv" and -- although I didn't stay there (I should have) -- I found that , for the same price as Arava, I could have had and equally good (or better) room, with breakfast, and none of this "charge extra" stupidity. [YES, at Aviv, you do NOT have to pay extra for a towel to go with your en-suite bathroom single room.] Plus, the guy at Aviv seemed much nicer and more helpful than any of the people working at Arava (but, again, I didn't stay there; he might have not been representative of the people at Aviv). My advice to travelers, therefore, is to NOT stay at Arava but to stay at Aviv instead.

Room Tip: Try to NOT stay in any of the four or five rooms whose entrances are "outside". These roo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ArgentineTraveller6
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at the Arava Hostel for 5 nights.. I felt that the hostel was a great value for my money.. The hostel is very clean, and well maintained.. I stayed in the dorms and there was plenty of room for my backpack and other belongings.. The bathrooms were very clean, as were the showers.. There is a decent kitchen area, with a large refrigerator to store your food.. There is also a very nice sitting area out front with picnic tables and a barbecue.. The staff members were all very nice, quite friendly and helpful.. The hostel is located only a 5 minute walk from the central bus station, but is a little far from the shopping and beach area, which is a 15-20 minute walk.. I recommend staying in the hostel, as I would stay there again when in Eilat...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 20, 2012

A friendly and hospitable environment with very informative and willing staff.
Approx 10-15 minute walk to the beach and city attractions.
Very close to central bus depot.
Clean, but compact rooms.

We had great stay, thanks a lot!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My trip over to Jordan required an overnight stay in Eilat. The tour company only worked with the Arava for some reason. The room was basic and you could get free wifi in the lobby. The location is convenient to the airport and the bus depot. Eilat overall is very expensive for lodging. While the Arava is much less than a hotel would be, it is still by no means cheap. I found it very hard to sleep there -- the mattress was thin, the air conditioning did not keep up with the heat, there was noise from the alley. I arrived into Eilat at 10pm and had to leave the next morning at 7. Under those circumstances I might stay at the Arava again but otherwise I would spring for a better place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo