Arava Hostel Eilat
$318
$207
  • Pool
Isrotel Yam Suf Hotel(Eilat)(Great Value!)
$253
$214
Dan Panorama Eilat(Eilat)(Great Value!)
$265
Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat(Eilat)(Great Value!)
$167
Isrotel Royal Garden(Eilat)(Great Value!)
$366
$266
Dan Eilat(Eilat)
$309
$2,899
Isrotel King Solomon(Eilat)(Great Value!)
$288
Orchid Reef Hotel(Eilat)(Great Value!)
$174
$157
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
$1,013
HotelsClick
All reviewsbed dormlimited budgetplace to stayminutes walkingthe central bus stationdead seapleasant stayairportpetrajerusalemclosetmallnissupermarketmarina
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Arava seems "okay" (I spent three nights there), but they really need to re-think their pricing strategy. I stayed in a single room with private bath, but was charged "extra" for breakfast, coffee, computer use, etc., and even a towel ! ! ! [There's no excuse for charging for a towel when your room has an en-suite bathroom.] Before I left Eilat, I looked at another hotel close by. That place was called "Aviv" and -- although I didn't stay there (I should have) -- I found that , for the same price as Arava, I could have had and equally good (or better) room, with breakfast, and none of this "charge extra" stupidity. [YES, at Aviv, you do NOT have to pay extra for a towel to go with your en-suite bathroom single room.] Plus, the guy at Aviv seemed much nicer and more helpful than any of the people working at Arava (but, again, I didn't stay there; he might have not been representative of the people at Aviv). My advice to travelers, therefore, is to NOT stay at Arava but to stay at Aviv instead.

Room Tip: Try to NOT stay in any of the four or five rooms whose entrances are "outside". These rooms are very close to the larger (more expensive) hotel next door, and the noise made by the heating-and-ventilating fans at this other hotel hotel are really loud (the first room they showed me was one of these, but I quickly decided that one of the rooms entered via an internal hallway was much quieter (further away from the blasting fan noise of the other hotel).
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ArgentineTraveller6
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at the Arava Hostel for 5 nights.. I felt that the hostel was a great value for my money.. The hostel is very clean, and well maintained.. I stayed in the dorms and there was plenty of room for my backpack and other belongings.. The bathrooms were very clean, as were the showers.. There is a decent kitchen area, with a large refrigerator to store your food.. There is also a very nice sitting area out front with picnic tables and a barbecue.. The staff members were all very nice, quite friendly and helpful.. The hostel is located only a 5 minute walk from the central bus station, but is a little far from the shopping and beach area, which is a 15-20 minute walk.. I recommend staying in the hostel, as I would stay there again when in Eilat...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2012

A friendly and hospitable environment with very informative and willing staff.
Approx 10-15 minute walk to the beach and city attractions.
Very close to central bus depot.
Clean, but compact rooms.

We had great stay, thanks a lot!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My trip over to Jordan required an overnight stay in Eilat. The tour company only worked with the Arava for some reason. The room was basic and you could get free wifi in the lobby. The location is convenient to the airport and the bus depot. Eilat overall is very expensive for lodging. While the Arava is much less than a hotel would be, it is still by no means cheap. I found it very hard to sleep there -- the mattress was thin, the air conditioning did not keep up with the heat, there was noise from the alley. I arrived into Eilat at 10pm and had to leave the next morning at 7. Under those circumstances I might stay at the Arava again but otherwise I would spring for a better place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank jackonferry
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had a very reasonable priced double room in the hostel for 1 night and we returned again for 1 night more a week later. We dived in Eliat and visited Petra.
It is a safe hostel with both local and international travellers and a good place to meet other travellers and plan journeys like for instance visiting Petra in Jordania and share costs of the taxi from the border to Petra.
It is close to the airport(like the rest of the town actually) and in a short walking distance of the center. Many cheap restaurants in the area. Ask staff for the a recommended falafel restaurant, perhaps best in Israel to us.
Ideal both for stays and early airport departures.
Free parking.