“It was amazing and I dont even like swimming”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dead Sea

Private Day Trip to the Dead Sea, the Largest Natural Spa in the World
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Not only the lowest spot on earth, but also the saltiest and most mineral-laden body of water in the world, the Dead Sea, which joins Israel and Jordan, is legendary as a source of healing, and has become a popular center for health, rehabilitation and beauty treatments.
Toronto, Canada
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,023 helpful votes
“It was amazing and I dont even like swimming”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was with a group and everyone felt it was one of the Trip Highlights

RECOMMEND:

• Turkish first
New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“wear watershoes into the water”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had read to wear water shoes into the dead sea, but forgot to bring them. the salt of the water adheres to the rocky sea bottom and cuts your feet. be forwarned

Visited March 2013
2 Thank hschultes
Colorado Springs, Colorado
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“One of the highlights of my trip to Israel”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I'll start mentioning that I do not know how to swim. So you can imagine my excitement when I could see myself in floating in deep waters without wearing a lifesaver or my husband holding me. I was so happy that later my friends told me that while I was in the water I looked like a little girl with a new toy ;) I went at the begining of December and the water was VERY cold but once you get into the water your body get used to the cold. Once you get into the water do not get out until you are done because once you get out of the cold water is going to be very hard get in again. I used the salt lumps (they are all over the place) to rub it all of my body and after a shower my skin was super soft and shinny. I reccomend to use googles or sunglasses to protect your eyes because the water is super salty. Also don't get the water in your mouth, the taste is horrible! Bring water shoes. For me this was an unforgettable experience, it felt weird and at the same time wonderful. If you are in the area try it!, you will not regret it. Also you can say that you visited the lowest point on land in earth!!

Visited December 2012
Melbourne
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Buoyancy Beyond Belief”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We travelled with a small group along the West Bank to Masada and The dead sea.we were vaguely familiar with the incredible story of Masada, but seeing the fortress live was amazing and it is easy to see how 1000 Jews held off the might of the Roman Army for so long. Easy for us in a cable car and the walk down the mountain is worth the effort.One of our party fell over trying to clear a stone wall and was badly injured. Fortunately there was a doctor up there with a school group who helped him prior to being taken out by helicopter.On to the dead sea where we stayed at the Hodhamidbar Resort Hotel.The hotel had a cold swimming pool and indoor heated pools with easy walking access to the "beach". The sea bottom is very rough with congealed salt lumps. when you go into the water it is amazing how high out of the water you float, no wonder they cannot float boats on it. Very difficult to get your feet down, but once you manage to kick down you can float around vertically like a cork. The water is very caustic and you must be very careful not to get it in your mouth or eyes. Wonderful experience. the hotel was very tired. Ostensibly 4 star. The rooms were no better than a basic motel in Australia, but at a vastly different price..still you are paying for the location. Food was ok. Had a look at the Crowne Plaza next door and it looked a lot nicer. Loved Israel, felt safe and experience many things that you could not experience elsewhere

Visited May 2012
Toronto, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Sink or swim--not”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Took a tour with Rent-a-guide in Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and the Dead Sea. Our guide was funny, knew all the best photo places. The dead sea is supposed to be 40% salt so you have to take precautions like only swim on your back, don't splash, don't put your head under the water, only stay in for 20 minutes and make sure to take off all your jewellery.

It was a beautiful sunny day of 30C so we covered ourselves in the therapeutic mud on the beach. After letting it dry we tried to wash it off in the Sea but i could not put my shoulders under the water to wash it off. It is a very odd feeling not to be able to sink. Had a fresh water shower and felt like a million dollars. My skin was so soft and shiny. Very relaxing.

Visited March 2013