“Hotel for Group Tours”

Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Bethlehem
Boston, Massachusetts
“Hotel for Group Tours”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hotel was like the United Nations. The place was popular with group tours. So the lobby and restaurant were filled with people from Greece, India, Romania, Turkey, Vietnam, Korea.... The room was large but the furniture and everything was a bit worn out. The TV only got 2 channels. My window looked into someone else's room, so I couldn't keep the curtain open. Overall avoid if you can.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank brianonthego

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here for three nights at Christmas 2012.

The hotel is centrally located on one of Bethlehem's main streets and if you are willing to , it is possible to walk to Manger Square and the sights in that area -- it is about 3 km each way. A taxi takes about 5 mts -- on Christmas Eve night, with many of the roads closed or jammed with traffic, we preferred to walk.

There are some nice shops and grocery stores in the areas also a few pleasant restaurants.

The hotel is not the lap of luxury -- that said, the rooms are very clean and comfortable with well equipped , clean bathrooms. Buffet meals were fresh and wholesome with good variety. On Christmas Eve we had a full Christmas buffet and the several choirs staying at the hotel gave us an impromptu performance of Christmas music with dinner, right there in the dining room. That was a treat I shall always remember. The Christmas atmosphere was hard to beat and genuine.

The staff were always helpful and efficient , with taxis, tour information, wheelchair assistance etc.

I have nothing but praise for this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a reasonable place to stay in Bethlehem. We only stayed there one night, but there isn't much to see in Bethlehem apart from manger square and Banksy graffiti on the seperation wall.
The hotel is nice, our room was spacious and very clean. There was no Internet in the room, but you could connect in the lobby for free.
The food was decent, Arabic style buffet.

• Stayed October 2012
India
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is a great hotel to stay in. The rooms are good sized and very comfortable. The bathroom is clean with a nice shower stall. They have a large dining room and a fairly good spread. It takes about 20 minutes to Jerusalem though which is where most of the attractions are.
The lobby was good and had good wifi connection. My mum loved the massage chair in the lobby after all the walking in Jerusalem. :)
The staff at the reception were nice and friendly. The folks at the bar, the dining room and the porters were not helpful at all. They would say "No English" to any question without making any efforts to listen or help. We had to wait for some time to get drinks at the bar because the staff were inside the kitchen or something.
I would recommend this hotel as a nice and quiet place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Vienna, Missouri
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Great staff, the rooms were very modern, major changes from last trip, good service in the dining room good food. Needs more brew coffee in the morning and a little more choices at breakfast. I would and do plan to come back Group would like more wifi

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank steve a
London
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I took a group here on a budget pilgrimage. Most of the rooms were very small, but were clean. Don't assume there will be frills, though, such as bedside lamps or soap in the bathroom! Meals were buffet style and had a good selection for the low edge of the market which suited all tastes; staff were friendly and helpful. If you want a cheap option which just covers the basics, then this hotel would be OK, but if I go back to Bethlehem I would look for something a bit better.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Bethlehem hotels

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I loved my two days stay at the Paradise hotel when I was at Bethlehem recently. After a very tiresome trip, I entered this hotel and found it to be quite decent. I was shown in my room which had a large bathroom. The first thing I did was to take a refreshing bath. I changed and visited the restaurant where I had piping hot freshly prepared food that pacified a hungry me. When I returned to my room and turned on the air conditioning, it was a perfect bed that cozily carried me to sleep peacefully. I slept and slept for hours together and got rejuvenated. I loved my stay at this place. Some staffs were very helpful and I made friends with them.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo