“The Best Hotel!!!”

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Bethlehem
Millis, Massachusetts
“The Best Hotel!!!”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This hotel is a palace, it is absolutely beautiful! The staff is wonderful, friendly, and attentive. It is close to the Nativity Church and Jerusalem. The rooms are large, clean, and updated. The food was excellent and plentiful. If you are in Israel and you are visiting Jerusalem stay here! Our driver Nabil Bazazo was able to cross the border daily with no problem.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Shireen S, PA To GM at Jacir Palace Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Julianna72,

Thanking you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and comments.

The Jacir Palace InterContinental Bethlehem is committed to provide our guests with the highest quality services and facilities.

Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Nablus, Palestinian Territories
Reviewed November 25, 2013

05/11/2013 at 17h30
It was my first time in Jacir Palace, and I'm sure it will be the last incomplete one.

The bad experience began from the reception, who gave us two dirty and unprepared rooms, and i wonder how a 5 stars hotel cannot manage such a simple mistake like this, we called the reception twice and the answer was just that they will send somebody to do the rooms as no other alternatives available. Just to confirm, that we booked the rooms since the early morning and we arrived at 17:30 for check in, which mean no excuses for them on this dereliction. The guide left us before arriving to our rooms on saying take one level down, take your left, then your right (although it is not that easy to find your way in this hotel).
However, after more than 20 minutes without having anybody to care about our issue, we decided to leave the Hotel, and we went to the reception who just took our keys without showing any due professional care about the problem, and taking care of an American delegation arrived.
After another 15 minutes the night shift duty manager arrived (of course after receiving several phone calls from our company) asking about what’s going on, and the response was not up to the level of the issue, as he said that they will prepare the rooms for us, and if we want to have something in waiting!!!!
We were not sorry at all to leave the hotel and went back to Hebron for taking two rooms in a simple Hotel there, at least we found people who care, and respect their guests.

Just a message for the Hotel management and crew: it is not like this you deal with guests, respect and considering any guest needs and/or concerns is as much important as receiving any delegation in spite of its number. And trust me, an assessment of the performance is essential and essential communication training will be a need and a great tool that you have to provide to your crew if you want to match the volume of investment with the qualification of the people who operate such facility, at all levels, and I mean it, at all levels.

I visited more than 25 countries and tried several levels of Hotels, and sorry to say that my experience in a hotel in my home country was one of the worst that I ever met.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Ayman A
Shireen S, PA To GM at Jacir Palace Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Ayman A,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. we apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality.

Again, thank you for taking the time to give feedback.

Sincerely
VA
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Was traveling with a tour group and spent one night here. The room was nice enough for one night and it had a large bathroom. I couldn't get my electricity converter to work. I found out the next morning that the plug was located under the table in the floor. Did not have any interaction with the check-in desk personnel since we were with a group. We did have dinner and breakfast at the hotel. These were my first meals in the middle east and both were very pleasant. We only stayed this one night in the PA; the rest of the trip was in Israel. I had been told before I left the U.S. that the coffee was not good here but it actually was fine. I don't know why people say this because I thought it was good at every hotel we stayed in Israel. We arrived after dark so did not see the view until the next morning. I heard the Muslim call to prayer; also heard roosters crowing.

I marked the value "average" but I really do not know the price of the room since I paid one price for an all-inclusive trip including the meals.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Shireen S, PA TO GM at Jacir Palace Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear DJ561,

Thank you for having taken the time and effort to write us your feedback, I was delighted to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at InterContinental Bethlehem.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our efforts and takes the time to say thank you.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Management team
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed at the beautiful Jacir Palace - Intercontinental Hotel Bethlehem. Palestine for Christmas Eve 2012. It was a very special place at a very special time of year. The jacuzzi was great and my suite on the Presidential Floor was decorated beautifully. My room overlooked the pool...I wish I could have gone swimming,,,Maybe another time,,,but not in December!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ann M
Shireen S, PA To GM at Jacir Palace Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Ann M,

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Management team
Palestine
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I attended a training session in this hotel, and to tell the truth I found the hotel outdated. The training hall was spacious and good, but going to the toilets you find a mess. No toilet paper, broken faucets, broken hand drier ... etc.
The food was very neutral, that you cant find any taste. No salt, no pepper, no spices, just plain food.
The location is good and they have good parking lot.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank PalestineTraveller
Shireen S, PA To GM at Jacir Palace Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience.

It is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future and provide you with the service you deserve and expect from us.

Sincerely
Baku, Azerbaijan
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I've been there with my family, we got a tour, orginized by "Pegas", so we stayed there just 1 night. We reached the hotel in the evening. The hotel impressed us very much. It seemed like we got into the ancient, dark, eastern labyrinthine palace, and It frightened us so much, that we couldn't sleep. But in the morning, we had opportunity to see all the greatness of this hotel. It was really too big and luxurious with its luxurious decor. We had only one night and one breakfast there, but I'd like to stay there more. The breakfast was good enough, but not enough for 5 stars hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable, even they were not modern. The bathroom was perfect, as well as its bathing accessories. The staff seemed to be tired of the clients.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Fidan B
Shireen S, PA To GM at Jacir Palace Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Fidan B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. We are pleased you liked the location of our hotel as well as our facilities.

Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps.
The Jacir Palace Intercontinental is committed to provide our guests with the highest quality services and facilities.

jerusalem
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was there with my wife on last Ramadan for an open buffet .
Food was not Tasty , even in a 3 star hotel i would have better and tastier food.
All food except the soup was almost cold , when you ask the waiter for the reason he says people do not cover the main dishes back!!!
I asked for a lemon to add to my almost cold fish , it took them around 10 minutes to bring it and in the end food was really cold!!!
After I refused to pay a full price for a cold "average" food they asked for half the price , which i paid

The garden and the music were perfect though ...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank moh'd q
Shireen S, PA To GM at Jacir Palace Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear moh'd q,

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Best regards