“"Bethlehem Star Hotel is not disappointing"”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bethlehem
Bethlehem Star Hotel
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Bethlehem
Polanica Zdroj, Poland
“"Bethlehem Star Hotel is not disappointing"”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hello

Good evening

" As for Mount David Hotel I have not visited yet, but my friend lived in the hotel for 5 days have forced me that a very nice hotel and the service was great and breakfast find the multiple varieties as well as the staff smiling and very wonderful "

I would not talk much, but I want to at least those who think of visiting the city of Bethlehem, I advise him to reside in Bethlehem star Hotel or Mount David Hotel.

- I have visited this city a lot and every time you held at the Hotel Bethlehem Star Hotel:
* The rooms are very clean * location in the city center
* Excellent Service * Great view
* Diversified food

I'm from more than visit this page electronic "Thripadfissour" to see the comments of visitors to the hotel

A person who works on the reception "Mohammed" did not encounter any problem with him when I was staying at the hotel, I was very helpful, clothes clean and tidy at all times, always smiling

Joseph: his clothes are clean and tidy, smiley

* But all the staff arranged, and smiling

"That does not mean if you visit the hotel once again and I faced no problem inside the hotel that he is not good"

So sorry that you do not know English well

john

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank john-costynean

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed December 15, 2012

DONT STAY HERE EVER.

1) I asked for a non-smoking room and the smoke would enter my room from all possible directions. The guy in the reception (who was a frutsrated idiot) did not think its a big problem. He wouldnt understand that I have health issues with smoke and did nothing to solve it. He was not even bothered to solve it. The neighbours were smoking and he said it is allowed for them to smoke in the passage (what rubbish was that) He said I must learn to adjust with the smoke. After I begged for a few hours, it took 2 hours for him to give me a bottle of room frehsner with very little freshner left in it. It got over after I sprayed a little and I asked for more and he said he doesnt have more (rude man could have gone and bought more from a shop).

2) I asked for a UK to Palestine plug convertor - instead of telling me sorry, its with some other room and we may be able to give in the next 2 or 4 or 15 hours....he said GO AND BUY IT FROM A SHOP. Later, the owner was surprised. He said they ofcourse have it and they did not udnerstand as to why did Mohamed not give it to me. (the reception guy was ONLY good to Arab tourists who spoke Arabic with him)

3) The wireless in my room was not working and I had to come to the SMOKY ground floor to use internet. The useless receptionish (same guy) did not even tell me how long will it take to repair. Just said you have to come to the lobby to use it. (the lobby where all were smoking)

My main problem was above point 1 and 3.
Oh, service was hopeless.

Room Tip: just dont stay here.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Siddarth5
Rijeka
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The hotel is simple, but has a great location and a great view. We felt very safe in the hotel and the surroundings. I have had some troubles with the breakfast, because I am not used to humus and similar oriental food, but my wife loved it. I can suggest this hotel for your next Bethlehem stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Regenerator101
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I often go to the Star Hotel as I take groups for pilgrimages. My last visit was in September 2011 and everyone enjoyed their visit very much. It is not a 'plastic palace' like some of the more expensive Jerusalem Hotels, though the hotel have recently done a lot of work to improve the lobby / reception area. The service at the hotel is second to none! Nothing was too much trouble. The food and service in the dining room was excellent and the view is wonderful from the 5th floor restaurant. We had half board and our breakfasts and dinners were 5 star!!
Thank you to the staff for making our pilgrimage so special.
Joanne Cheltenham UK

Room Tip: The higher rooms have a better view from the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Joanne186284
West Mids
Reviewed May 18, 2011

At hotel with a group pilrimage. Stayed with 2 friends in triple room with lovely views of St. Catherines and the holy places. Staff very attentive and considerate. Rooms and all hotel very clean. The hotel is slightly run down and the food basic but plentiful. I stayed here 10 years ago and things are about the same (including some of the great staff) All in all a good place for visitors to Bethlehem to stay. Please do not expect too much as this is a poor community struggling to survive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing St. Catherines
  • Stayed May 2011
4 Thank CathyBWestMidlands
London
Reviewed April 12, 2011

A basic hotel but would seem to be good value for money. The food was of a good standard and the customer care was also most acceptable. In fact it was much better than we experienced in other hotels in the region.

The hotel does need to have money spent on it, as the bedrooms appear tired. The bathrooms are small and need to be updated. The rooms are quite noisy - due to movement within the hotel.

Location was good just a short walk from the Church of the Nativity.

We preferred this hotel to the one we stayed in Jerusalem which was more expensive and up to date.

Stayed March 2011
4 Thank Mark F
Oakland, California
Reviewed November 21, 2010

We just spent one night at the Bethlehem Star Hotel. We are a family of four (including two young kids) and we had a roomy quad with a clean bathroom and plenty of towels. (Only one person took a shower, so I cannot comment on hot water availability but it seemed fine.) The highlight of our room was the phenomenal view towards Manger Square and Herodium and Jordan in the distance. Wow. We bought some of the West Bank's Taybeh beer downstairs (it's quite good) and enjoyed it while gazing out our window. Worth every penny. The location was also terrific -- a short, interesting walk from the main sights. We reserved our room in advance by email and paid a lot more than the previous reviewer ($100 is what we paid). Should have read his review first and tried to bargain. Oh well! The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great (eggs, hummus and felafel, pita, vegetables, and regular toast and cereal for those who prefer). Our only mistake was to take them up on the suggestion to have dinner at the hotel. Our kids were tired, it was late, and a buffet one flight up from our room sounded good. Ugh. We had the worst meal of our trip (and we've been on the road for 4 months). It was frozen chicken nuggets and frozen fish and frozen vegetables -- all heated up, of course, but yuck. Stick to breakfast at the hotel and go to one of the many little restaurants nearby for dinner! Dinner aside, we give Bethlehem Star a big thumbs up.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family